- Baby Tarzan and Kala's first meeting. Just try and watch their reactions without laughing. Or dying of cuteness.
Kala: ?!Baby: ???
- Young Tarzan, not watching where he's going, runs headfirst into Kerchak. Kerchak scowls disapprovingly, and Terk bounds into view, Chewing the Scenery and sucking up outrageously.
Terk: TARZAN! Thank goodness you're all right! Kala and I (sobbing) have been so worried! Oh! Thank you! Thank you so much for finding him, Kerchak - you are such a wise and caring leader... (whispers in Tarzan's ear) Run!
- Baby Tantor's entire introduction is pretty funny. Squeaky baby voice while being a phobic elephant is comedy gold.
Tantor: MOM, are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me...
Tantor's Mom: It's fine, honey.
Tantor: Yuck! But what about bacteria?
Tantor's Mom: Tantor, can't you see Mommy's talking?
- The elephant herd panics over nothing. "PIRANHAAAAAA!!!!"
- This exchange:
Tarzan: [trying to sneak up on Kala, winds up an elephant trumpet]
Kala: [without looking, completely deadpan] Don't even think about it.
Tarzan: [splutters out a deflated trumpet and swings around in front of her] How'd you know it was me?
Kala: I'm your mother, I know everything. Now where have you been?
Tarzan: [chuckling] I thought you knew everything.
- And before that, Tarzan scaring his mother when he learns how to speak. She tries to get him to do quieter animals, but he thinks that's no fun. He even does a leopard sound. It gets even funnier when the youngest gorillas start mimicking him, much to the displeasure of their mothers.
- During the "Son of Man" montage the glare on Kerchak's face as he watches as Tarzan is swinging through the trees, just reads "Show off."
- When Tarzan and Terk fight after "Son of Man", the rest of the gorillas take that fight really casually. Kala doesn't even try to calm them down, Kerchak is just annoyed,a random gorilla casually lifts up his bananas when they get in the way. It's not just like these fights happen all the time, it's like they happen the exact same way all the time.
- Jane's Attack! Attack... Retreat! Retreat! moment.
"Put me down. Put me down! NooooopickmeuppickmeuppickmeUP!"
- When Jane gets caught on a vine during the chase, Tarzan is swinging away then he sees he's lost her and his look of absolute exasperation is priceless. It's like, "Oh, for the love of..."
- Seriously, the stuff Tarzan puts himself through to rescue this strange shrieking creature is both amazing and side-splittingly hilarious. His face when he does the splits...
- Tarzan returning the drawing to the angry baboon parent (which is parachuting down with Jane's parasol the whole time) while speaking to it in its language.
- When Jane ends up getting stuck:
- Tarzan wiggles Jane's little toes and makes her giggle. It's cute.
- When Tarzan unknowingly gets a little too personal (read: trying to see what's underneath Jane's skirt), Jane's sudden pitch change, delivery and kick to his face is just perfect. See it here.
Jane (hesitantly): No, no - get off - get - get off - (abruptly belting it out) Geddorff!
- Tarzan's face after being kicked. He's just like, "WTF?"
- Tarzan repeating everything Jane says. "No, no, no, no, *clears throat* I'm Jane."
- Or this bit...
Jane: [as Tarzan grabs her to go vine swinging again] Ummm...uh...can't we WAAAAAAAAAAALK!
Tarzan: WE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALK!
- Or this bit...
- Tantor freaking out at the campsite, capping off with a pan to tableware resembling Mrs. Potts and Chip.
Terk: These things aren't alive.
Tantor: I knew that.
- "Trashin' The Camp", aka "Do Bop, She Do".
- The funniest part is that during the musical number, we cut to Kerchak and the herd, then to the professor and Clayton as they faintly hear the music and glass breaking.
- During the tense moment of Kerchak discovering Jane in the camp, it's more of a funny background event, but Terk is absolutely dumbstruck into silence and stillness with the knowledge that Tarzan found another of his own kind - when Kerchak orders the pack to move out, Terk has to be forcibly lifted away by Tantor.
- Jane's entire rant about her first encounter with Tarzan:
"And Daddy... they took my boot!""And I was saved! I was saved by a flying, wild man in a loincloth!"
Prof. Porter: Shall I leave you and the blackboard alone for a moment?
- Most of that speech was Minnie Driver ad-libbing.
- There's also how hilariously excited Jane's father gets when she tells him about Tarzan. When she mentions how Tarzan moves around with his hands on the ground, he comments that it sounds like how Jane's aunt walks around.
- There's also the very...shall we say, intense way Jane describes Tarzan while drawing him. Her father delivers this priceless gem:
- When Clayton tries to teach Tarzan English by drawing on the chalkboard and he gets frustrated:
Clayton: [shaking his fist at Tarzan] No! No, no, no, no, no!
Tarzan: [grabs chalk out of Clayton's hand and shakes his fist back] No! No, no, no, no, no!
- And when he asks Tarzan where the gorillas are.
Clayton: Where are the gorillas? [Tarzan tries to examine, but Clayton grabs him by his wrist] GO-RIL-LAS!
Tarzan: [imitates him] GO-RIL-LAS!
- Tarzan and Clayton fighting, over a piece of chalk.
- And when he asks Tarzan where the gorillas are.
- When Tarzan tells Jane and co. that he can't show them the gorillas, Clayton angrily points to a drawing of a gorilla and tries to convince Tarzan the reconsider. Tarzan playfully leaps over him, and Clayton rips the drawing to shreds in a fit of rage.
- Terk in Jane's dress.
- "I'M GONNA KILL HIIIIMMMMMMMM!"
- "Actually, I think that dress is very slimming." "Really? I thought it was a little revealing."
- Tarzan convincing her to do it with Puppy-Dog Eyes.
- "I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU AND YOUR EMOTIONAL CONSTIPATION! TARZAN NEEDS US! AND WE'RE GOING TO HELP HIM! YOU GOT THAT?!"
- When Tantor forces Terk to join him in rescuing Tarzan, and sets off for the ship by leaping straight off of a cliff and into the ocean.
Tantor: [thrilled] I NEVER FELT SO ALIVE!
Terk: [pissed] GOOD! Because I'm gonna kill you!
- This is followed up when we see Tantor climb on the ship and start beating up Clayton's men. Cut to below deck, where Tarzan, Jane, Jane's father Professor Porter, and the ships captain are all being held captive. Tantor's foot goes through the deck and stops just above Professor Porter's head, as Tantor gives a trumpet. Cue the professor completely missing the massive foot above his head and commenting "That sounded just like an elephant!"
- And when the Professor punches the ship's wall just as Tantor's weight tips the ship and sends everyone slipping to the side. The Professor then remarks "Don't know my own strength".
- Professor Porter swinging on a vine with his own loincloth and imitating Tarzan's yell at the end.
- At first it's a moment of creepy foreshadowing, but just as Clayton is marking his map the gorillas completely Mood Swing the situation by suddenly taking an interest in him, taking the map briefly then taking his shotgun out of its holster and playing with it.
Clayton: (trying to grab it back) "Give me that! That is not a toy!"
- In the sequel, Terk does an amazing Kerchak impersonation.