- In true Tales Series fashion, the skits can be quite humorous
Yuri: I can't stop sweating. Damn it, I can't stop!
- The skit that results when you have someone prepare Sorbet in the ice fields. Or noodles in the desert.
Rita: Who the hell decided to pan-fry noodles in the middle of a searing hot desert?!
- The skit with the noodles is especially funny with Yuri outright shouting in frustration.
Yuri: "Wow, Old Man, you're really making yourself at home in that get-up, aren't you?"Raven: (enthused) "Oh yeah! Can you feel the macho energy? The manly musk waftin' from my physique? My fans across the world are gonna love this!"Rita: (deadpan) "Idiot."Raven: (to Rita) "Hey, Rita! Ya interested in becoming my fan? Whadda ya say?"inches closer, Rita backs away disgustedRaven: "Manly musk!"Rita: (repulsed) "Agh! That's gross! Get away from me!"Rita: (to Repede) "Hey, dog, do something about him, would you?"Repede guards Rita from Raven and barksRaven: (unimpressed) "Hn. Seems it's time to put my macho energy to the ultimate test: taming the savage beast!!"Repede growls, Rita/Yuri make 'wut?' faceRaven: (dramatically) "Gaze upon my manly physique, AND BE AWED!!"Yuri: (deadpan) "Repede's male."
- The skit for getting Judith's waitress outfit, Glamorous Maid is easily one of the best, particularly Raven's reaction to Judith wondering if she should show more skin.
Estelle: Like my boobs could fill out that top! *gasps and runs away*Yuri: Hey, it's time to go! C'mon, Ristelle!
- However, I think Yuri's secret ingredient takes the
- Two words: "Manly Musk"
- Raven claiming what he wishes the Sorcerer's Ring could do, like let him know what Judith is thinking or seeing through girl's clothes. Rita hits him with magic for this and Raven decides he wishes it could go back in time and make him shut up before he said that.
- Yuri translating for Repede to tell Rita not to be picky and use any gels that Repede gives her.
- Especially when she automatically snaps "That's a smart mouth he's-" (cue double take from Rita)
- How Patty owned Raven with her BINOCULARS
- The Cooking skits in general are full of this. From Rita and Raven complaining about the food (she hates fish, he hates sweets), to Karol working really hard on ketchup pictures on omurice that even Rita appreciates, to Yuri's aforementioned croquettes skit with their "secret ingredient", to Rita threatening to put an unspecified "it" in the food if made to cook too many times in a row,. Also, Repede is one of your designated chefs, but he's a One-Note Cook. All he can make is dog food, and you can actually get two skits out of it- because the entire party feels neutrally towards it, you can also get one where the party complains about eating something so boring all the time. Judith will think Estelle is the chef, and prior to that, Estelle will call the food a staple.
- The skit that results when you have someone prepare Sorbet in the ice fields. Or noodles in the desert.
- Karol's "suggestions" for the new names of Belius and Phaeroh when they're revived as Undine and Efreet.
- Raven has one of these at the end of a fight, triggering one of the most popular quotes from the game:
- Estelle: Our weapons are love!Yuri: Justice!Raven: *in a Mortal-Kombat announcer-ish voice* 'SEXUALITEEEEEEH.'Rita: Would you stop?!
- The first thing that Yuri does when he and Estelle escape the sewers and get outside the castle is offer up a high-five. She promptly responds by cluelessly poking his open palm. Yuri's holding in his chuckles as much as the audience is letting them out.
- Yuri and Karol talking about Estelle being a princess. Karol worries that he was rude without meaning to be to Estelle.
Yuri: Your language has been unpardonable. Captain Karol, the sentence for insulting royalty is... decapitation. Been nice knowing you.
- Also qualifying: Yuri, Karol, and Judith punching out Raven for handing Estelle over to the Big Bad, saying he now owes his life to Brave Vesperia. And then Rita, who isn't part of Brave Vesperia, gets a shot at him.
- Rita: I didn't want to feel left out.
- In the PS3 version Patty punches him too.
Patty: I wanted a go too.
- Estelle is also said to have punched Raven off-screen since everyone else did it.
- Like Hell you are!
- When the party confronts Barbos, he goes on a scenery-chewing rant about how he'll Take Over the World, only for Duke to take out his Blastia-powered weapon. Cue this gem from Raven:
- Raven: You know, he was so much easier to deal with when he was all drunk on power.
- Karol crossdressing in order to seduce a guard.
- Heck, even the version of that scene where you choose Judith, the most obvious choice, is hilarious. Regardless of who you choose, you have to do a mini-quest to make a seductive outfit. With Judith, Yuri wonders why that's even necessary given what she wears normally. Cue an outfit even more insane, as if that were possible. (Shame Raven isn't in the party at the time...)
- Estelle's is quite fun, too, as Yuri gets her to do it by telling her she's not sexy. She gets angry and determined to prove she is. Yuri just grins the entire time.
- Karol's also has the merit of the description of the outfit: "Hehehe.... I can get used to this... Huh? What am I saying?" which is both nice and hilarious if you picture him saying it. Also, furthermore, if you go and get his costume and he wasn't your pick to seduce the guard, it turns out the merchant made the outfit for Rita, who pawns it quickly off to Karol. It makes a degree of sense, since his hair is styled similar to Rita's int he outfit.
- "No... items... EVEEEEEEEER!"
- Barbatos's "NO... ITEMS... EVER!!!" Mystic Arte is hilarious when it's not, well, killing you (such as when you're level 200 and playing on Normal mode so he's doing Scratch Damage at best). However activate it while Estelle has Force Field up (by the Eternal Support oversight or by using the item in OL and casting Force Field immediately before or after using the item), and it gets even funnier because Estelle is simply standing there while Barbatos, himself a huge man almost twice her height, throws what looks like a tantrum because she deigned to use a Magic Lens. The same effect can be achieved with Repede's Gale Dog.
- The cooking competition. Where the taste of Flynn's cooking horrifies the judges, including the Wonder Chef, who disappears in a puff of smoke. Then Sodia, being Flynn's Fangirl and all, demands to try the food, only for Witcher to shoot that down. Shame it isn't voiced.
- From Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike:
- Yuri overhears some Guild member boasting about how he ditched his client because the client annoyed him. Yuri starts a fight and Flynn tries to stay out of it until he gets punched. Flynn's usual calm demeanour vanishes in an instant as he charges into the fight.
- A little later, Captain Niren (who's a good source of humor throughout the film) is "reprimanding" Yuri, Flynn, Hisca, and Chastel for what happened in the bar (the incident above involving the Guild members). During the scene, Niren realizes he needs to bring an escort for a mission and wonders which of them he should take. He looks over at the twins simply says "the bigger one", which confuses Yuri since the twins are the exact same height. Apparently, Yuri fails to notice that the only difference between Hisca and Chastel is that the latter has a bigger chest than her sister. Even more amusing, just to make sure that the audience is aware of the difference, the scene immediately before the reprimanding scene has Flynn politely endure a bit of Marshmallow Hell from Chastel as she was trying to patch him up.
- The waitressing sidequest. Just... everything about it. The costumes you get, for one, especially Karol's "Lunchlady" outfit, which becomes even funnier after you get Raven's and find out his was the first uniform they had made for a guy, meaning yes, Karol's is a girl's outfit. And from a gameplay standpoint, some of the orders can get downright ridiculous. One Let's Play had a tiny girl order 16 Set Lunch B, 24 Ice Cream, 23 Fruit Cocktails, 23 Shrimp and 20 Chowder.
- One from gameplay: Rita's Simplified Spell Casting.
'BLABLABLA TIDAL WAVE!''BLABLABLA, VIOLENT PAIN!'
- During Overlimit characters interrupt themselves with artes such as
'Blahblahblah VIOLENT- Blahblahblah VIOLENT''DELIGHT-DELIGHT-DELIGHT ROLL!'DEMON-DEMON-DEMON-DEMON-DEMON FANG'
- "Prepare to die, Eggbear!", particularly Yuri's imitation of him.
- If Karol is made to wear his Hot Springs outfit for too long, a skit starts where other characters start trying to get away from him. Karol chews out the player for this.
'You're just making me wear this because you think it's funny, right? You're terrible!'
- Which could be a nod to Luke's skit in Tales of the Abyss, as they're both wearing towel-based outfits (Luke's is "Towel Boy" and Karol's is "Towel Fanatic"). Luke and Karol both claim someone else made them wear the outfit, nobody believes them, so they poke at the fourth wall to complain.
- After you get up in the morning for the trip to Zaude and Rita makes Estelle swear not to push herself, in the background you see her turn around to face away from the camera because she's blushing. Karol walks up to her and evidently says something to her. Rita punch him in the face so hard he falls on his back. She turns around again like nothing happened a moment later. This entire exchange happens with no noise at all or any speech bubbles, making it somehow funnier.
- The skits you get after beating the 100 and 200 Man Melee are pretty entertaining. After Judy trashes the 200 Man, she's as bummed out as Yuri was following the 100 Man. Both Yuri and later Raven ask her "not enough violence for you?", to which Judy seems actually a little offended the first time and annoyed the second. In Rita's, she of course punches Karol (like usual- Funny if you can't stand Karol). In both of Yuri's ("Congratulations" and "A Youth's Victory"), Raven will tease Estelle about how close she and Yuri are, though the second time Yuri will point out that if Raven's happy for him, they must be close, too. Raven's ("An Old Man's Dream") might take the cake, though. Yuri and Judy decide to test if Raven's really dreaming by seeing if he can feel pain, and Judy's little picture will ram Raven's and send it flying offscreen: "Whoa... If the old man wasnít dreaming before, he certainly is now."
- Flynn and Patty's after victory skits in the PS3 version are just as funny. Flynn's turns into a childhood story which turns Flynn's Humble Hero status Up to Eleven. Extra funny with Yuri briefly nigh perfectly imitating Flynn. Patty meanwhile laments at the end about how she should have made all the opponents she beat join the new Siren's Fang.
- You can also net some skits if you don't use a certain character in battle for a long, long time (I got one after Karol dipped below 10% usage). Yuri will haul Karol off for some Training from Hell in his. If you don't use Estelle, Judith AND Raven will tease her about Yuri. If you don't use Karol, you find out Karol has been finding cute girls for Raven to talk to. Not using Rita will get her to punch Karol and admit at the same time that punching Karol and Raven isn't a stress reliever for her. Raven will cheerfully admit he's fighting his own battles (against hunger and sleep), Judy will outright sulk, and Karol get's abused yet again, this time by a bored Repede.
- The PS3 version includes Patty's. Patty is about to cry about being useless until Yuri convinces her she is their "ace in the hole".
- Similar to the above, you get skits if you use characters enough in battle. Yuri's has him compared to an ďenergetic childĒ in regards to how he reacts in battle; Estelle's has her still improving her battle skills and missing the point of the advice Judith gives her; Karol's has Raven act as the stern father while Judith is the encouraging mother; Rita's reveals she's talking in her sleep, in fact casting in her sleep; Raven does his best to not tempt fate in regards to not dying in battle; Judith gets compared to a juggernaut and even runs off during the skit to see if there is another monster to fight; and Repede's has Yuri turn into an Adorkable proud parent and nearly telling the story of Repede beating Little Wolf only for the others to stop him. The PS3 version includes Flynn's, which notes he's just as much of a battle maniac as Yuri and Judith, and Patty's, which is her going on about her telescope and then beating up Raven with it.
- A lot of the skit interactions between Rita and Repede. Rita is so rude to Repede that he enjoys messing with her, such as dragging her to the edge of the ship when Rita is afraid of heights or chasing her and biting her for insulting him when he beats the 200 Man Melee.
- There's at least two skits that refer to Yuri being cursed- "The Light At the End of a Tunnel" and "What's Going on Here?".
- In Rita's waitress costume skit ("It's All About the Ears"), you learn Yuri has a thing for cat ears on girls:
Estelle: Wow, Rita! You look different than you usually do. You look cute...*Yuri looks over curiously*
Rita: *embarrassed/annoyed*...Are you saying I normally donít look cute...?
Estelle: N-no, thatís not what I meant...
Rita: Well, itís not like I care anyway.
Estelle: Hey, Yuri, you think she looks cute, right? *goes up to Yuri and starts dragging him towards Rita* Donít you?
Yuri: Huh? *looks away, blushing faintly* Yeah... I like those cat ears, I guess.
Rita: Just the ears...?
Estelle: Oh, come on, Yuri, why are being so shy? Your face is turning red!
Yuri: ...The ears are the problem.
Rita: *annoyed* Whatís that supposed to mean?
- When you get the Sorcerer's Ring Lv. 3 on the Heracles, Rita is actually with you unlike when you got the Lv. 2 at Ghasfarost. She demands to see the ring, and Yuri obliges, but not without a playful remark when Rita takes his hand: "Aww, I've always wanted to hold hands with you, too, Rita". This statement actually makes Rita blush. She's careful to avoid this in the future when you get the other two upgrades, as she won't take Yuri's hand when she examines the ring. It's even funnier if she's wearing her waitress costume and you've seen the above mentioned skit, since it really ups the fact that Yuri is flirting with Rita (even if it's just for fun).
- In order to get a particular key item, you need to fall through the traps in the second area of BF 1 in Baction to BF 2. The first time you fall through, the current party laments the traps and realise this is why Baction is dark. Fall through two more times and Rita yells at Yuri, demanding to know how many times they have to fall through the traps before he's happy. Yuri retorts in what seems to be a clearly annoyed way that it's the fault of the narrow paths. Fed up, Rita makes them a lantern out of junk she found on the floor. The scene isn't voiced, but is still hilarious.
- The Mood Whiplash of the Krityan Elder talking about a magic cucumber right after they look at the history mural and learn about the Adephagos and how the Child/ren of the Full Moon died to stop it. It gets a Brick Joke later on when you're tracking down a book for Nobis and instead find a stone slab about growing delicious cucumbers. Karol even mentions the conversation with the Elder previously.
- Judy and Estelle can get Lethal Joke Weapons in the form of the series-staple Deck Brush and a cat toy. Both of them can get new moves by using the item in question (paired with her waitressing outfit in Judy's case). Estelle's can replace her Burst Arte and she sings a little tune while playing with her Cat Teaser (and this attack can go on indefinitely), while Judy's either fully replaces an arte or has to be used immediately after a different one. The former can be extended and it has Judith smacking enemies first with the handle of the brush, then with the brush part (which can go on indefinitely) and the latter has her laugh and run across the battlefield like she's sweeping, which can, again, go on indefinitely. Time to clean up!
- After finally defeating Flynn, Flynn and Yuri both lay on the floor. Yuri chuckles and calls Flynn a loser. It's the delivery of the line is what sells it.