TFWiki.net as a whole is a treasure trove of snark and Meta Humor. It helps that David Willis is one of the editors.
- The Transformers Wiki's entry on the Maximal Torture Chamber, with the Suspiciously Specific Denials and the pictures of the CR chamber with the word "LIES" underneath them just adds to the amusement.
- The TF Wiki is loaded with amusing snark and Running Gags. In another example, their entry on the Gen 1 Episode "The Gambler" has all the pictures subtitled with the lyrics to the famous Kenny Rogers song.
- Similarly, the page for "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court" is full of lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- And the page for the Transformers: Prime episode "Thirst" is filled with lines from DOOM: Repercussions Of Evil.
- The article for Airwave's airport has captions with quotes from Airplane!
- And the article for Gul has captions with quotes from Gul Dukat.
- The Animated episode "Blast from the Past" has caption quotes from Jurassic Park.
- For the Animated incarnation of Wreck-Gar, who's voiced by "Weird Al" Yankovic, the pictures are captioned with various lyrics from Weird Al's songs, primarily "Dare To Be Stupid".
- The captions for the film version of Hound are all quotes from The Big Lebowski as an Actor Allusion to John Goodman.
- Spinister's page is filled with references to Mystery Men.
- Thanks to serendipity, the Rescue Bots episode "Too Many Kades" premiered about a few days after the "Too Many Cooks" spoof video became a huge meme, with the lyrics of said fake show's theme song being rewritten to fit the episode entry.
- Mark Twain and historical accuracy:
- There exists a category called "Things That Don't Exist", which included examples such as "True Fan" and "Tighter Shirts". (and although it isn't visible to everyone these days, pages in the category still have a link to it at the end: case in point)
- What makes it especially amusing is that the category is redlinked, the implication being that "Things That Don't Exist" doesn't exist.
- Even better than that, the first thing on the page is a header with the words "There is currently no text on this page". Followed by the subcategories of Things That Don't Exist, the categories of Things That Don't Exist, and images of Things That Don't exist.
- Also in the category of Things That Don't Exist is "scale".
- The page for "Prime Suspect" hilariously points out the ridiculous use of Wrongful Accusation Insurance: "In the course of proving Optimus innocent of breaking and entering, the criminal acts you commit include: resisting arrest, interfering with a crime scene, removing evidence from a crime scene, assaulting a police officer, destruction of police equipment, unauthorized access of a police computer system, vandalism, industrial espionage, breaking and entering. What lesson have we learned today, children?"
- Their page on Transformers canon. Especially the pictures.
- Everything about their entry on the Gen 1 episode B.O.T. You know you're in for a good read when one of the first things you see is:
This article is about the worst episode of Transformers ever.
- The (currently as of Dec. 2013) final note on the episode's Continuity Error section: "This episode was made."
- The page for Generation 1 Streetwise has a Transformer-fied version of the Shaft theme song in place of an actual character bio. Even funnier if you imagine it in Issac Hayes' voice. It even inspired the personality of the Generation 2 Redux version of the character.
- The page for Tracks repeatedly lampshades how Ambiguously Gay the character is, with loads of Does This Remind You of Anything?.
"Seriously though he's not gay. Not That There's Anything Wrong with That! But seriously he's not gay."
- Infiltration...The Uranium Mine. "Evacuate — drill attack! This is not a drill! I repeat, this drill attack is not a drill!".
- The story synopsis for the Transformers movie's tie-in game
- The page for Glenn Whitmann
- The picture caption for "Dickbot the blender guy"
- Their page for ''Transformers: The Beast Within'' (which is widely agreed to be the worst Transformers comic ever made) begins with a sarcastic, overly dramatic description of the comic that describes it as "an epic comparable to The Lord of the Rings or AKIRA". It also includes a single listing in the error section:
"This comic was made."
- The Wiki's article on the sequel summarizes it as thus:
"The Beast falls down a hole."
- The Wiki's article on the sequel summarizes it as thus:
- Their article on the annoying practice of "Toy Swapping" is pretty funny despite its short length.
- The article on G1 Wheeljack at one point hangs an amusing lampshade on a Plot Hole and instance of Unexplained Recovery.
"That was my brother Jackwheel."
- G1 Ramjet is portrayed as being obsessed with toast. This leads to such gems as "TOAST. Represent.".
- The article on Transformer romance has an amusing moment which notes the ambiguity of how Transformers reproduce. It's stated that if you want to know more about that you should look at Fanfiction because there is plenty written on the subject. However as the wiki puts it, "doing so will be at your own risk, and TFWiki accepts no liability for any psychological trauma incurred".
- Three things that are always good for a laugh on TFWiki are Michael Bay, Kiss Players and fanboy rage, combined on the real world timeline:
Takara settles the "Michael Bay is raping my childhood" debate by actually raping your childhood. Realizing that Michael Bay only touched your childhood in the swimsuit area, you apologize.
- The wiki would like to let you know that Eject is READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!
- The page on Fan Fiction discusses the various types of fan works. While discussing crossover fics, they give this little gem:
"Because life isn't complete until Soundwave turns into a teenager and attends Riverdale High."
- The page on Diego Garcia.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings...unless we really really need a naval base.
- All of the Starscream Clones from Transformers Animated (except Slipstream) are given hilarious articles written with their personality in mind:
- Dirge's article ends with him screaming that the article is his.
- Ramjet's article is literally a complete lie from start to finish (the joke extends to any mention of Animated Ramjet in other articles).
- Skywarp's page gives constant cowardly excuses such as saying that this version of Skywarp doesn't push people down stairs because they might get back up.
- Sunstorm's page gives constant compliments to other articles, characters, and the wiki.
- Thundercracker's article gives him a sarcastic Memetic Badass treatment.
- Thrust's article complains about how all the other articles get more attention.
- Joe Colton is portrayed as an Expy of Chuck Norris.
"Joe Colton doesn't sleep, he waits."
- Jolt's page is filled with jokes about how he's basically a background character.
"Well screw you, Michael, I'm gonna go hang with Simon instead! He lets me have a go on the Playstation!"
- Due to a random reference in the letters page of a comic, the wiki has a page on Rick Astley of all things. The page ends in a link to "A useful and thought-provoking clip that we here at TFWiki.net strongly assure you is completely unrelated, yet still relevant, to the topic at hand". Guess where it leads. Take a wild guess.
- After the whole Mayan doomsday prophecy, December 21st is now marked on the "This Day In History" page as "The End of The World. Bummers". It then includes an anecdote that notes "Actual apocalypse may vary".
- The page on Christmas claims that everything that ever happened relating to Christmas in Transformers was because of "the magic of Christmas". And free wine.
- "The magic of Christmas made Circuit Breaker not kill Jazz."
- "The magic of Christmas made Starscream realize that even if he doesn't care, helping people can make him feel... well, he still doesn't really care."
- Their page about an issue of Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers. You know you're in for something good when the first line of the page is this:
- The dog has a character page titled "Murdered Puppy".
- The caption beneath the entry where Waspinator is getting shot reads "...and here we see a wild Waspinator in its natural state."
- On ROTF Jetfire's page, his final fate is summarized as thus in the toys section:
"Jetfire died to become a Power Mushroom. There have been worse fates."
- Cyclonus is portrayed as Galvatron's neglected boyfriend. This leads to gems like "Cyclonus misses the days when Galvatron would be inside him".
- The page on Sky Lynx (G1) is written to play him up as much as possible.
- One caption showing Rattrap and Dinobot's... ah, contributions to the Rumble is Red, Frenzy is Blue controversy.
Rattrap: "Rumble was red!"Dinobot: "MAXIMAL LIES!"
- The aforementioned article on "scale" starts with this succinct summation, worthy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy itself.
"Scale in Transformers is, not to put too fine a point on it, screwed.
- The rest of the page goes on to prove it.
- Stinger's bio is written in the style of a fancy car commercial.
- Shokaract's captions are generally full of hammy goodness, but this one takes the cake.
- The intro to the bio for the original cartoon's Starscream:
10: Try to overthrow Megatron20: Fail30: GOTO 10
- In the article for Beast Wars Neo-exclusive Maximal, Randy, they explain his toy and how it suffers from a crippling case of Gold Plastic Syndrome. The meat, however, is in the text under the image for the toy:
Upon transformation to beast mode for this picture, something went "crack" and a spring fell out, accompanied by plastic dust. This is not a joke. This actually happened to this very toy.
- A number of Gr imlock's captions and flavour text entries are pretty funny;
""Me fight with all me—"? Me Grimlock not Irish!""Me Grimlock no understand what I said.""Me Grimlock so disappointed me couldn't be at Knott's Berry Farm.""Some people got collar and cuffs, me Grimlock got collar and brass knuckles.""Me Grimlock will love you and hug you and feed you and pet you and hug you and love you and call you George.""One of me Grimlocks are not like the other...""Me Grimlock shake fist impotently at Hasbro logo!"""Grimlock?! What happened to you?" "Me Grimlock not know, but me Grimlock think beer, 3 hookers, and a midget were involved.""When me Grimlock go clubbin' me make sure to pack extra mace just in case.""Me Grimlock no Yoshi! Me Grimlock KING!""Grimlock no need robot mode! Him Grimlock king!"
- The page on the Legion is pretty funny:
"They're kind of horrible"
- Even better, the wiki waits until the very end of the page to acknowledge the phallic nature of the Legion's tongues, as if even the editors just don't want to think about it.
- Cosmos' G1 bio begins with a homage to Star Trek;
"Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cosmos, Autobot deep-space reconnaissance officer. His continuing mission—to observe Decepticon activities. To provide intelligence to the Autobots in their never ending war. To boldly crash where no other Autobot has crashed before!"
- The hidden message on the Hiroshima Prime article is pretty funny;
"IF YOU'RE HERE TO CHANGE THE CAPTION?THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO WRITE.WE'RE WATCHING YOU, BUSTER."
- Barricade's Movie incarnation's page, for the most part, does not refer to Sam by name. He is instead called "ladiesman217".
- Referring to Transformers Energon and its many flaws, we get this;
"Many fans had hopes that Energon would be a return to glory.It was quite the proverbial brick to the testicles, then, that Energon, the televisual representation of Transformers for its 20th anniversary year, turned out to be just the opposite — a series with a strong beginning, which slowly but surely degenerated into what is widely considered the worst Transformers cartoon broadcast in the U.S. In retrospect, the fans' positive initial reaction may have been simply because it wasn't Armada."
Caption: This is when people started to revaluate their opinion of Beast Machines.
- Staying with Energon, the Running Gag in the episode captions, stating with episode 16
Caption: This is when people stared to re-evaluate their opinion of Transformers Armada.
- Episode 27 (a clip show)
Caption: This is when people started to re-evaluate their opinion of Go-Bots.
- Episode 37...
Caption: This is when people started to re-evaluate their decision to stop sniffing glue.
- And Episode 43.
- Their page on the contest of blood that is The Black Friday sales bonanza, complete with "actual security footage of a Toys"R"Us on Black Friday."◊.
"Shopping on Black Friday is a contact sport; bruises and contusions are commonplace. A helmet and pads are highly recommended, although using tasers or mace is considered unsporting."
- On G1 Sixshot's page, in the "Commercial Appearances" section, they include his cameo in "The Rebirth, Part 1".
"You know it was."
- There is a page on Decapitation. Naturally, the first image is of Movieverse Prime. The caption sells it.
"This article only exists to please him."
- The guys on the wiki promised to keep a caption for Victorion in Combiner Wars, but what did they pick? Lyrics from the song 'Giant Woman' from Steven Universe!
- Rartorata's name is written correctly once in his entire article. Every other mention is gibberish, cumulating in a Monty Python reference.