* Only Richard Pryor would play a hacker capable of not only creating a computer capable of killing Superman, but also hack the Don't Walk/Walk Sign to make the figures representing the two warnings fight each other causing a Traffic Jam.
* Gus discovering that he has to insert both keys at the same time in order to boot up a computer at a Webscoe subsidiary in Smallville called [=WheatKing=]. It makes one wonder what this subsidiary does on the side. Missile silo duty comes to mind.
* Gus' initial attempts at inserting both keys at the same time and then using the "Philly Flash" with an unconscious Brad and his yo-yo, while drunk, to defeat the Two-Keyed Lock.
* "Wow, what a jukebox!"
* "In other words, push this red button."
* "I can't ski!"
* "Viva Superman!"
* "No wonder they sent it back!"
* "Kryptonite." BEAT. "Krypton ham, krypton heimer...I know things." "Yeah, based on the graffiti I've seen..."
* "Baby! It's daddy!"
* Clark helps Ricky win at bowling. "Gesundheit!"
* Couple having breakfast, husband gets department store bill, HilarityEnsues.
* Everything during the opening credits roll.
* "Can I really go back to middle America," says Kent, "after having become a Metropolis sophisticate?" and everyone pauses to look at him because he just said something so stupid.
* During the chemical fire, an extra is going "waaaah waaah I'm on faaaar, help me" etc.
* Rescue worker looks round, sees Superman standing there, and doesn't react at all, except to say "Forget the helmet!"
* All of the source code and commands typed into the computers by Gus are jokes if you [[FreezeFrameBonus look at them]].
* The very first scene has Gus explaining that, essentially, he was too dumb to work at McDonalds!
* Gus, or Richard Pryor, thinks that they best way to obfuscate the killing of Superman is to launch into a long speech about the American plastics industry. [[spoiler: Apparently, it worked. No one suspected anything was wrong, even Superman. Apart from the fact that he didn't die.]]
* Gus' [[spoiler: rambling explaination to his boss about his failure to kill Superman citing the "chicken-in-a-bucket" recipie as an example of what "unknown" means.]]
* At the reunion when Clark goes to dance with Lana, the music switches from the uptempo "Roll Over Beethoven" cover by Music/TheBeatles to the slower "Earth Angel" but Clark keeps energetically twist dancing like a dork until realizing the song changed.