open/close all folders
Super Robot Wars Z
- Rand's route is full of these, at least in the first half.
- When Gainer confesses his love during an already hilarious scene, everyone gets in on the act, from Kei declaring his undying love for every female character in the entire
gameworld to Jiron confessing his love of... lizard stew.
- Rand learning The Internet Is for Porn while searching for Mel's dad is completely hilarious, epsecially the reactions he gets from Garrod and Gainer, who freak out, Mel tells him if he likes breasts like that he can marry a cow, and Tifa, who silently stares at him, as if to say "SHAME ON YOU".
- When Gainer confesses his love during an already hilarious scene, everyone gets in on the act, from Kei declaring his undying love for every female character in the entire
- The entire Onsen/ping pong tournament episode of Gravion on Setsuko's route on the Special Disk.
- The part where Amuro completely owns Kamille and Setsuko's team up with his hax newtype powers, AT PING PONG.
- Speaking of Setsuko, she Can't Hold Her Liquor AT ALL.
- Sandman does exactly what he does in the series and kicks everyone's asses with a SANDAL instead of a paddle. While calling his attacks.
- There's also the diet episode, where the young ladies in Rand's route try to lose weight, and got a little 'help' from the Dark Angels, which takes away an entire week's supply of food. The mission itself can be considered a Scrappy Level since it forces you to waste 3 turns with all your stats halved, no seishin usage, and your morale set to 50. By the end of the episode, thanks to one day of complete binging, they're heavier than when they started. The part when they binged shows Silvia, Tsugumi, and Reika in celestial bliss. Literally. The part where they realized what happened to their weight plays right after that, complete with ominous music.
- The end of Stage 54. It's a bit awkwardly done, but try to imagine it in your head with normal-sized mecha.
Super Robot Wars Z2: Hakai-Hen
- Let's see, the game puts meticulous planner Lelouch in charge of a force that includes Kamina.
- Dai-Guard's Ground vs. Air Drill Arm animation, in reference to an equally humorous moment from the original series.
- Kamille, who just got transported to the Z2 world, asks Kouji how Duke and Tetsuya are doing. This Kouji however isn't the same one that joined ZEUTH back in Z1's world and did not recognize any of them. After Shinn explains this to Kamille, he introduces himself to Kouji. Kouji remarks that Kamille as a name sounds quite feminine, but Shinn kindly explains to him that he is quite, err... sensitive about his name.
- In one of the early scenarios, Celestial Being decides to stage an intervention, only to find that Dancougar Nova has gotten there and put an end to the battle before they arrived.
Lockon: Setsuna, Look at all the Gundams we got now.Setsuna: ...They look like Gundams but...Lockon: Hmm?Setsuna: I want to be Gundam like them as well.Heero: Then together we shall become Gundam, Setsuna.Kira: Only through understanding can we all become Gundam.Shinn: ...Will I become Gundam?Luna: Not you too...
- Duo and Lockon bond instantly over their common roles as "babysitters" for anti-social teammates.
- In order to distract the Red Shoulders, Coconna, Vanilla and Gotho drop 30000G onto the field so that the civilians would try to take it, getting in the way of the RS. Unfortunately... Crow decided he wanted a piece of the action too.
- The episode from Code Geass where Arthur steals Lelouch's Zero mask plays out here, but this time one of the people chasing the cat is Kamina.
- Context makes it even funnier: Kamina doesn't trust Zero (and the lack of respect is reciprocated), even though Kouji and the Getter Team try to play peacemakers. In this version, people actually see that the cat has Zero's mask, so Kamina decides that if he returns it, he can demand a favor in return and get to see Zero's face. He marshals the Gurren-dan (and Kouji) to find the mask, while Kallen grabs the Black Knights (plus Heero and Duo) to prevent this. Neither Kouji nor Duo is too happy about being lumped into someone else's group, but Heero goes along with it with his usual "Mission Accepted".
- Kamina and Kallen arm wrestling over the name of Gurren.
- Kamina stealing the stage at Sheryl's concert after the beastmen arrive. Starting to see a pattern with him?
- When Gainer and Sara see the movie version of Anemone, they are visibly shocked. Cynthia however...
Cynthia: Haha! She became an old lady!
- Ranka needs a ride back to civilization, and Ozma shows up to screen (read: deny) potential chauffeurs. Of course, he's got a good reason, since one of the volunteers is Kei Katsuragi. The best part is when Athrun volunteers, and Ozma, despite having absolutely no knowledge of Athrun's Unwanted Harem, pretty much flat-out tells him "I don't trust you with her."
Athrun: I am...harmful?
- Athrun didn't actually volunteer for that, Ozma just says feels Athrun can't be trusted with reasons unknown. But the real best part comes as Ozma found Ranka talking with Renton, and he says Renton can help him since Renton is "harmless" (as he's too dedicated to Eureka). Cue the following line:
- Kira's response to this scene adds to the humor: he chuckles as if he's aware of Athrun's reputation. This is the guy who's his best friend.
- Although as it turns out, the whole thing was a setup to send Renton out alone, so Holland would come after him, with everyone but him being in on it. Athrun was apparantly deliberately taking advantage of his reputation.
- Stage 31. The whole smackdown to rescue Takeru's mom can be considered as a Crowning Moment of Awesome or this.
Super Robot Wars Z2: Saisei-Hen
- Let's be honest here folks. There is going to be a guaranteed one when Ozma meets Basara. Squee! may be likely.
Ozma: ...O...oo...Michael: Captain...?Ozma: UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! BOMBEEEEEEEERRR!!
- Stage 55 Normal Route.
- Ozma is indirectly the source of a funny moment surrounding Basara. In between Z2.1 and Z2.2, Ozma shared his Fire Bomber collection with Pierre. When Basara shows up in the game, Pierre is ecstatic, and his portrait switches to the one used for when he is involved in an Aquarion fusion, better known to fans as his orgasm face.
- Also, Basara mistakenly calls the Innovators "Invaders" when he fights one of them. The Innovators' response to him singing in the middle of a battlefield is just as funny, ranging from confusion (Bring, Divine) to annoyance (Ribbons) to anger (Revive)... Except Hilling, who actually kinda likes his songs.
- Diethard attempts to marry off Tianzi again like in the series, except this time, EVERY SINGLE ZEXIS woman gets on his case about it. His expression is just awesome. Oh and one guy gets in on it too.
Chirico: Are you a miscreant?Diethard: C-Chirico Cuvie!
- Another from Code Geass. The Couple Event at Ashford. Special Guests include ZEXIS!
- Esther chasing after Crowe without much luck.
- Sayaka saying "it's okay" to Kouji who doesn't get it.
- Alto being chased by both guys and girls.
- And of course, Sayoko masquerading as Lelouch.
- Crowe's Mid-Season Upgrade has a special system to prevent his going berserk due to his Sphere. What is it? The Coin Drop System, which plays the sound effect of a coin dropping when it activates, since his desire for money is so powerful it can even override a Sphere.
- ANY event or discussion relating Crowe with money is absolutely funny. His debut in ''Saisei-hen'' causes a shop to collapse, and the owner asks him for 1000G redemption's. Crowe cheerfully agrees to bear all the loss... Until ''everyone'' in the town comes up and says they all suffered losses due to chain reactions by the shop's collapse, and they want a total redemption of ''one million''.
- Not to mention everyone calls him out after finding out what the CDS is It actually drops real coins because Crowe is somehow able to tell the difference between a recording or something coin-like being dropped apart from the real deal.
- During the middle of the game, ZEXIS is watching Ranka's concert. Setsuna and Heero are talking about Ranka's song power and trying to understand it. Lacus, a singer herself, then corrects them and explains that, basically, her song is not power but rather a feeling. The duo's response?
Setsuna: Do you get what she's saying?Heero: Not in the slightest.
Heero: Setsuna, you are Gundam.Setsuna: You are too. You battled and defeated Gundam.Heero: You've surpassed Gundam.
- Makes sense because both Heero and Setsuna are the only two Asexual Gundam protagonists. Presumably this is also a poke at their Stoic nature.
- Kallen was serving as a waitress at Coconna's shop. It seems that only the bunny suit was available for Kallen. To make things worse, Dimension Beasts appeared near the shop and their commander didn't give Kallen permission to change back to her normal outfit.
C.C.: So how do you feel riding Guren, Kallen?
Esther: Get back Kallen. DM extermination is my specialty.
Kallen: Esther...are you mad about something?
Esther: (pulls out a triangle) I'm not frustrated...I'm not frustrated!
Kallen: You brought your triangle into the cockpit...
Esther: You're piloting the Guren wearing a bunny suit, aren't you?! So I'm bringing my work tool into mine too!
* ding ding ding*
C.C.: It looks like she really is that frustrated that she couldn't become a bunny (girl).
Kallen: Sure looks like it...
Kiderra: Woman's jealousy sure is scary...
Esther: I said I'm not frustrated! Even though I'm not that pretty, or elegant, or friendly, or good as serving...
C.C.: To a destructive degree.
Esther: I'll live my life as a (DM) buster. So bring it on, DM's.
C.C.: Looks like everything got solved by itself.
* Also crosses to awesome but only the Nu Gundam can make a dynamic kill by using its vulcans.
- Come on, pit a female pilot against Count Brocken...
Brocken: Geh-heh-heh, that one's piloted by a girl, huh? Punishing you is gonna be SO MUCH FUN. First I'll peel off the cockpit armor, and then...Lunamaria: Enemy of womankind!Marguerite: Lewd men such as you deserve little mercy!Aoi: You're the one who's gonna be punished!Silvia: Prepare yourself, Count Pervert!Kallen: I'm gonna play soccer with your head!Sara: No, no, I'm going to turn it upside down and use it as a flowerpot!Yoko: I could use it for target practice...Noin: No, I'll feed it to my dog.Sumeragi: I hereby authorize all of you to carry out those actions.Brocken: Wha-WHAT?! I haven't even done anything yet!
Super Robot Wars Z3: Jigoku-Hen
- Chogokin Hello Kitty confirmed?! April Fools!
- Just on the conceptual level: The Mazinger and SMS teams transfer to Kaname's school the day after Sousuke.
- ''Celestial Being : The Movie'' makes its glorious debut! Now featuring most of ZEXIS in non-speaking roles (including Tetsujin who wasn't even there when they fought Alejandro) and mass-produced Altos (his VF-25 appears by the dozens). Saji is a meek enough person to let it slide calmly ; the rest of your crew watching the movie with him aren't and proceed to RiffTrax the hell out of it.
- On stage 17A, the three martial artists from ''Anime/FullMetalPanicFumoffu'' challenge Kamille, Sousuke and Hibiki to keep Kaname from tearing down their rundown dojo. One of them asks who Kamille was and when Kamille gives him his name says that it's a girl's name. Kamille beats the crap out of him with his lines fully voiced.
Kamille : Kamille's a man's name! And I'm a man!
- Immediately after Fa scolds him, yelling that attacking someone because of his name was what started the events that lead into him running into the AEUG in the first place. This was something that Kamille had kept to himself for the entire series thus far (he first appears in Z1 already part of AEUG) and everyone is floored by the fact that his rise to heroism started from him beating up someone for making fun of his name. Kamille just smiles at that and asks that everyone keep it a secret from Shin.
- Banpresto somehow made Gates even crazier. He manages to turn Zero into Z-ERO and tells Setsuna to Setsuna F SAY YEAH. His response, "I don't want to understand you." is appropriate.
- Shinji and Lelouch marvel at the power of love thing Aquarion EVOL does. C.C. calls them cherry-boys. Graham and Setsuna have that whole " it must be love!!", "Love?!" Bit.
- Chirico and Heero (in two different stages) piloting Bonta-kun. THAT IS ALL.
- Let's just say the reaction people got when they found out who was inside Bonta-kun is the equivalent of small child suddenly finding out that Santa Claus isn't real and he was just some dude wearing his outfit with a fake white beard.
- Stage 42 (Relaxing Route). Tessa transfers in to the same class that most of the cast is attending as in Fumoffu and everyone (especially Sousuke) freaks out.
- After calming down, the students take Tessa to the Kurogane House for the hotsprings where Sousuke excuses himself to go do something. Kruz then takes Hibiki, Boss, Nuke and Mucha up the mountain to go peep. Naturally, Sousuke has littered the mountain with mines and other traps, placed the Wing Boys as guards, and stands at the very top in his Bonta-kun suit.
- Nearly everytime Bonta-kun shows up in an event, Alto will just call him "Bonta" only to be immediately yelled at and corrected by Klan that he needs to add "-kun" to the name.
- Kruz immediately hits on fellow sniper Yoko. This sets him on a rivalry with (also golden-haired) Kittan. Later, when Kittan is about to sacrifice himself, Kruz is the first one to understand that it is for Yoko's sake, and yells for Kittan to go for it.
- Some of the Ace pilot congratulatory conversations with AG are this. Some examples are AG continuing to scream Congratulations at Black Ox thinking he can't hear him because it isn't responding (Black Ox can't talk). The stoic characters always replying with "...." (Heero finally mutters a thanks, and AG is relieved as he expected Heero to say "I'll kill you" instead, also saying it counts as survival flag.) Hallelujah getting mad because AG thought Allelujah was talking about Soma as his partner. AG expecting Setsuna to identify as a Gundam. AG telling Kira his skills are expected as he's GSD's "Main character" (And Kira replies with "Hmmm...I guess so...")
- There's a scenario with the DOGEZA from Evol. When the reinforcements arrive, Ryouma's paired with Boss. Nuke and Mucha complain that they couldn't team up with Sayaka, Kallen or even Klan but instead got stuck with Ryouma. Ryouma gives them a look that could freeze beer and tells them to get their heads in the game. After the scenario, Amata teaches Sousuke how to properly genuflect. This is a talent that he will sorely need to master, at the rate that he angers Chidori.
- When Big O fights against with Beck's robot in scenario 55, Roger Smith immediately says "Big O, Action!" Beck is like: "Come on, man! What about a negotiation?!" Roger counters that he has no time for that.
- Riddhe tried to pair off Zessica with Shinn because he was feeling bad for her, only for Shinn to freak out and Kira to calmly explain to the former that Shinn already had a girlfriend. Riddhe then apologizes and asks if Kira had one too, to which Shinn says it's Lacus. Riddhe goes into mild shock since he's a Lacus Fanboy.
- The boys at Danaan's birthday party when the final bingo reward is announced to be a kiss from Tessa, at which Basara starts singing and causes a chain reaction of over-reacting where Shinn and Banagher yell, Takeru glows golden and calls for Gaia, and Quatre puts his goggles on. Duo comments he's way too much into it.
- When Sousuke is asked to help the Rugby team train and does his Drill Sergeant Nasty shtick to them, he asks the captain who his favorite singer is and he replies with Ranka Lee, to which Sousuke starts insulting her to motivate him. Alto is standing close by and gets pissed at Sousuke as well.
- In Tessa's vacation route split. Takeru and guys hear that they're going to Kurogane Inn for hotspring relaxation, after it's mentioned that Wing Team was called by Marducas for a mission Takeru states "I have a bad feeling about this..." Gyunei remarks "I know Myoujin Takeru! That's your foresight ability!" to which Takeru replies with "No, just a hunch from experience.".
- In one of the bonus DLC scenarios, the girls of Z-Blue are holding a Miss Z-Blue contest with AG and a very unenthusiastic Misato being the emcees, pairing off the girls into teams, except for the Ptolemy, which is a mothership and thus can't be paired off. Teams are: 1) Ptolemaios II with Sumeragi, Feldt and Mileina as the contestants and Lasse being stuck along for the ride; 2) Ema and Mao; 3) Fa and Suzune with Hibiki being stuck along and Fa noting his eyes are dead; 4) Noin and Hilde; 5) Klan and Canaria with Canaria trying to say she is no longer a "Miss;" 6) Kallen and C.C.; 7) Dancouga Nova and Aquarion Evol with Mikono and Zessica entering for ELEMENT; 8) Noriko and Sayaka; 9) Asuka and Rei; 10) Youko and Darry; and last but not least 11) Marida and Quess with Marida wondering if it was okay for them to even be there.
- The contest involves the contestants battling until one is left standing and as soon as AG tells them to start, all the teams immediately pair off to fight. Team 6 vs Team 9 in a battle of Red units, Team 7 vs Team 8 in a battle of Supers, Team 4 vs Team 2 with Noin raring to go up against a Gundam, Team 5 vs Team 10 with Klan saying that to beat a Sniper they have to get up close and take them out in one shot, Team 3 vs Team 11 with Fa saying to focus on the funnels...leaving the Ptolemy without an opponent... which suits Sumeragi just fine.
- The contest is shortly interrupted by Firebug raring for a fight with one of them rooting for Tessa, only for Kallen to say that she's not here. The girls are less than happy at the interruption and proceed to go straight to max Will and kick the crap out of Firebug, who realize that they are in deep shit.
- And in the next DLC they plan to have a MR Z-Blue doing the same thing with the males, but nearly all the main male characters are confident enough in themselves (helped by all their various female companions backing them) that none of them bother to show up, meaning only the b list male characters like Riddhe, Katz, Hathaway, Malloy, Kittan, Shako, and Captain Otto, show up for it, eager to show off for once, along with Gyunei Guss who repeatedly says the whole thing is stupid and a waste of his time yet dodges the question when asked why he came with them in that case (it's because he doesn't want Hathaway to show him up in front of Quess). Before it gets started Geminus forces show up, and crash the party, but Gadlight insists the small fry aren't worth his time and runs off, leaving the rest of his forces to get decimated. After the thing is over, it turns out the whole event was cancelled because none of the well known pilots wanted to participate, causing all the sidekicks to feel dejected, although they do get some attention and morale support from everyone else for trying.
- Sosuke's first meeting with Gou in a D-Trader event. Sousuke at first thinks Gou is a calm, stoic professional, much like himself. Then Gou decides to go into Hot-Blooded Screaming Warrior mode and Sousuke promptly freaks the hell out.
- After the Axis Colony Drop, unlike many other iterations of the event, Char is back with ZEXIS and permanently on the side of good, as was his plan all along. Feeling guilty about the amount of Superdickery he had to do in order to save the world, he wonders what he should do next. Several members immediately make job offers for their organizations, but the most hilarious example is Akagi, showing why he's a salaryman and not a recruiter.
Akagi: If you join 21st Century Defense, you'll be demoted from Commander to salaryman in a flash!
Super Robot Wars Z3: Rengoku-hen
- Rand and Setsuko ask why Crowe wasn't in the Li-Brasta when the Quake hit and he quietly replies that it's because piloting it makes his debt increase. They are surprised by this, evidently unaware of the "sinister" nature of the CDS.
- Crowe's title from the Resistance is "That One Really Skilled Guy Who Never Shuts Up About Money".
- Elsewhere, a bunch of townspeople pray to the Lion God for salvation. The priestess of the Lion God tells the gathered believers to chant the god's name, and it will grant them its power. And so the people chant: "Gun Gun Leon, Gunleon...!"
- Giltar kept calling Rand "The Crusher" when he first showed up, and Rand kept getting pissed off, with his Ranbolt's sprite getting the Hotblood animation each time it happened. As result, Rand had a boosted morale when the player receives control.
Super Robot Wars Z3: Tengoku-hen
- During the Lovely Bomber concert designed to hide rescuing Sheryl Nome, there's a surprise special guest on stage... Basara Nekki himself!
- Tessa ramming the Lukkage Yunboro with the Tuathaa De Danaan and declaring herself the "Queen of the Seas". Everyone gets in on her case.
- Setsuna being Setsuna:
Marida: Must destroy....GundamSetsuna: But you're Gundam too!Marida: I... I'm what?Setsuna: Gundam!Marida: *mental breakdown!*
- During a battle with Sidereal forces, Crowe shows up in the Li Brasta T and he apparently managed to clear the previous debt that he had.....until Traiya informs Crowe that transporting the Li Brasta T to the Green Earth has resulted in him incurring a new debt of 1 million. Poor guy can't catch a break at this.Saving the universe: Easy, Clearing debt:Impossible
- Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome. On Stage 56, thing seem pretty bleak as Z-BLUE encounters a large army of Angeloi Arcas and El Milleniums before Advent shows up and brainwashes everyone. AG then proceeds to say a phrase that acts like a Binding Spell that frees them from his control. The aforementioned phrase?
AG: Business! Business!
- Made even funnier with the fact that said phrase is the same thing he says in every D-Trader event and the only way to activate it is to have everyone else already saying that phrase before, which makes the mental image of people like Chirico, Heero or Sousuke saying it is infinitely funnier.
- The scenario ends with Z-BLUE unleashing a severe beatdown on AG after learning the truth from him. Everyone gets in on it. Highlights include Noriko, Lal'C and Nono Triple Inazuma Kicking him and Traiya threatening to detonate a bomb she planted on him should he ever try that stunt again, and gave the switch to Hibiki.
- They have a Miss Z Blue contest again, this time with Suzunenow possessing Ambriel's confidence and more selfish desires now being quite smug about having won the first time and responding to the girls asking if she thinks she's really more popular and attractive than them with an Ambriel style "U mad?" smirk.. As a result every girl declares war on Suzune, who enlists Hibiki to protect her and win again. Such highlights are Tessa entering despite being confined to an extremely small water spot in the corner of the map, Nono being paired with Haman of all people, Canaria saying she's married so she shouldn't be qualified for this, being joined by Emma and Noin this time, Noriko now being ignored in favor of the more attractive Kazumi, Marida and Setsuko bonding over ice cream, Mari and C.C. just being there to troll people, Kallen provoking Asuka into returning to her fiery self, Xine seriously strategizing how to best combine her Margueritte and Traiya's various appeals and all the subpilot girls being forced to Co host with A.G. from the Solarian because they aren't allowed to participate and seething with rage at Aoi for being Dancouga Nova's main pilot and showing them all up. The contest is again crashed by enemies, and when the dust settles, Suzune says that the judging being silenced by the attack means she wins no contest again for the second year in a row, prompting more outrage from all the girls and her against using Hibiki as a shield.
Suzune: Hibiki-kun save me, everybody is bullying me.Hibiki: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!?!?