- The Running Gag of meeting someone who knew an old peer of theirs, only to learn that person is now deceased.
- "I'm locked in the garage with a dirty old man!"
- When Ethan tells Frank he's not a team player, Frank growls (as only Clint Eastwood can), "Get out."
- Hawk's low-key "Happy birthday" to the guy who wants a wild airplane ride. During the flight, the guy vomits all over Hawk's dashboard, and profusely apologizes when they land. Hawk initially criticizes him: "Where'd you get the bright idea to eat a big lunch before you come out here and went flying?", but changes his tune when he sees the guy's girlfriend waiting for him: "Congratulations! You earned your wings today, young man. My hat's off to you! Well done!"
- When Corvin tells Hawk (in recruiting him) he's there to keep a promise:
Hawk: The promise to kill me, or the promise to have both of my LEGS broke?
Corvin: No, the...other one....
- Jerry passing the vision test perfectly, to the astonishment of all...until he whispers that "My memory...is perfect!"
- Also during the eye test, Hawk accidentally reading too much of the eye chart: "M A D, uh, in U.S.A.- oh, "Made in USA"."
- The Ensure / Baby Food exchange.
- When Jerry's eating, he fumbles with his dentures, causing a grossed-out Frank to remark, "Damn, Jerry..."
- When Frank and Hawk compete in the centrifuge:
Frank: Which one of us passed out first?
Eugene: I'm gettin' too old for this shit.
- Frank and Hawk compete over the waitress at a bar:
Hawk: Would you choose this man, with his asymmetrical sagging ass cheeks, love handles the size of Nebraska and his gross, old, ugly ingrown toenails?
Frank: Or this hairy-eared son of a bitch with a chicken gizzard neck and a face like Death Valley fire trails?
- When Clint tells the bar tough, "Go back to your virgin pink daiquiri."
- The USA Today headline: "The Ripe Stuff".
- The gang's appearance on Leno, especially the moment when Leno asks which of the four is the babe magnet:
Jerry: I keep telling these guys, it's got nothing to do with me. It depends entirely on the woman, and how willing she is to discover her infinite supply of orgasms.
- When Frank refuses to dumb it down for his understudy:
Frank: Look kid, I've done everything short of calculus instructions to bring you up to speed. What do you want, a picture? Connect the dots?
Ethan: Excuse me. I hold two masters degrees from MIT, Dr. Corvin.
Frank: Maybe you ought to get your money back.
- Frank storms into Bob Gerson's office and shuts his laptop. Bob calmly informs him, "Well, now, that's great. You hung up on the head of our program: the vice president of the United States. Now what can I do for you, Frank?"
- Before launch, the Reverend leads his fellow astronauts in (Alan) Shepard's Prayer: "Lord, please don't let me [screw] up."