Funny: Soul Series
- The Soul series games generally take themselves seriously, but there are moments. For instance, in III's character profile, Sophitia and Cassandra have "Weight" filled in as "Unknown (refuses to reveal)" and "Has lost weight recently" respectively.
- Edge Master using a female character's moveset has to be seen to be believed. Especially if it's Sophitia, Xianghua or Ivy (and if you're using Ivy's style, just try using the B+G throw).
- No wait, here's one better: Edge Master with Tira's moveset. A bearded old guy pulling off ballet moves with a bladed hula hoop, now that's a riot.
- Yun-seong's "good" ending in Soulcalibur III. He chooses steamed buns over Soul Edge, and they turn out to be bait set up by Mi-na so she can knock him out and bring him home.
- Cassandra's ending in Soulcalibur III. Either the sword is broken forever or poor Cassandra has to fix the sword alone as punishment for breaking it. This despite the fact that she just destroyed Soul Edge.
- Amy's ending in SCIV. RING OUT!
- In Soulcalibur II, Link is one of the characters who can do the Title Scream. Of course, being a Heroic Mime, he barely gets past the S before just screaming.
- Is this Troper the only one who just cracked at Astaroth's SCIV ending? "MORE!!!!"
- The Lizardman's ending in SCIV. Apparently your hand can catch on fire if you hold onto your soul for too long.
- Dampierre's announcement trailer for V. The whole damn thing.
- Dampierre's moveset has a lot of slapstick.
- The Character Creation trailer for V.
Tago P (Hisaharu Tago): That doesn't look very Japanese!Villager A: My hair's Japanese!
- When you bump into Xiba, Leixia, Natsu, and Maxi as Patroklos in SCV's story mode. Patroklos needs a favor from the group, Leixia and Xiba in particular. Both agree but Leixia slyly responds that "nothing is for free" in a way that feels like she's flirting with Patroklos. Xiba's thought on the situation? "Hey, he can buy us dinner!"
- And Leixia's automatic "No, you idiot!" had this Troper howling.
- Both of Olcadan's endings in III are hilarious:
Ending 1: Opens his own school of martial arts and beats the ever-loving crap out of a few of his students who try a sneak attack on him.Ending 2: He stops himself right before breaking Soul Edge and SELLS IT TO THE GIRLS WHO RUN THE SHOP! They apparently didn't pay him very much for it, either.
- In SCV, the cast now has Ring Out-specific lines. Ringing out Raphael makes him yell "HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?" If you do it again, he yells "DO YOU KNOW NOTHING ELSE?!?"
- Other characters have great ring out lines as well, such as Natsu going "AW, HELL!", or a player-created male character with the "veteran knight" voice set yelling "I CAN'T LOSE!" during the first and "IT'S STILL TOO SOON!" during the second time.
- There's also the custom voice that yells "I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!"
- Kilik gets "I FORGOT OF SUCH METHODS!"
- Edge Master is quite sporting about the matter: "GOOD STRATEGY!!" "NICE AIM!!"
- Alpha Patroklos, on the other hand... "DAMMIT!" "STUPID!"
- Algol's "HOW CRUDE!" always gets this Troper.
- "YOU PLANNED THIS!"
- Meanwhile, Patroklos gets an excellent "YOU SCARED OF ME?" if you ring him out twice.
- Yoshimitsu has "YOU CALCULATED THIS?!"
- Elysium: "WHY DO YOU RESIST YOUR SAVIOR?!"
- Ahh, character customization...
- Soulcalibur III has a "Random Custom Character" option for Vs matches. This does Exactly What It Says on the Tin, creates a custom character for you with totally random parts. Have both players select this and prepare to laugh your ass off.
- Some of the character designs you can encounter in Quick Battle are pretty funny. One of the ones that stands out is the person you face to earn the Drunkard title. Everything about him, his name (hige16g), his design (he's a geezer wearing a flannel beanie and glasses, and has a sake gourd hanging from his waist, for starters), and his fighting style (Voldo's) all seem like they were legitimately designed by someone who was drunk off their ass.
- Ivy breaking the fourth wall and calling players who pre-ordered the game from GameStop.
- This one's meta, but Ezio's backstory in SCV is that he was "dimension warped" over during a Time Jump portion of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (the Soul series is set over a century after his own death in 1524); the thing is that based on the lore in question (fleshed out in the Brotherhood novelization) and on the narration of Shaun Hastings (in 2012) mentioning the events (though dismissing them as an Animus glitch), this may well be canon in the Assassin's Creed universe!
- Sometimes the opening quotes really don't go together in very hilarious ways...
Aeon: [unintelligible Lizardman growl]Algol: Your words will earn you no mercy.Femme Fatale Custom Character: Care to dance with me?Femme Fatale Custom Character 2: Didn't I tell you "no"?Pyrrha Ω: AAAAAAGH!!!
- Have fun with these!
- Mitsurugi's Time Out quote in SCV.
"Damn, I'm getting old..."
- Behold! One the most amusing glitches in the series!
- Since Kilik became a Ditto Fighter in V, his perpetually-determined personality potentially turns him into The Comically Serious, especially when copying Dampierre...
- Same with Elysium; some characters' taunts and other animations are hilariously unfitting to her, like Tira's and Leixia's.
- Add another to the Dampierre pile: His Critical Finish from Broken Destiny. He manages to bring his opponent to tears with a sob story about how he's trying to get money for his sick daughter. This actually works, and can work on guys like Nightmare, Algol and even frigging Kratos. The God of War, video gaming's biggest badass, can be reduced to a sobbing charity-giving heartbroken baby with Dampierre's sad sad story. Netherrealm Studios weren't allowed to have Kratos look fearful in fatality animations but Namco were able to get away with making Kratos cry. And judging by Dampierre's last laugh and line of dialogue ("Le Bello's weapon is his silver tongue!"), said sob story was a total con. His "sick daughter" was portrayed by one of his cronies (Giselle) after all!