Funny: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
From the game proper
- Every time someone has died in Wave Ocean's Mach Speed section... and realizes that the "auto"save is very sporadic and requires beating a stage (not a sidequest, a full stage) to activate, thus booting them back to the very beginning of the game. It has famously happened to pokecapn, Game Grumps, James Rolfe, and slowbeef.
- When Amy jumps Silver assuming he's Sonic, Silver's reaction is priceless. He looks like he's going to wet himself.
- Sonic tossing the holographic device with Eggman's message in it back to Knuckles, with the device just kind of floating over there instead of looking like it was thrown. Knuckles then fumbles to catch it with his large mitten hands and drops it on the ground. He proceeds to stomp on it angrily while glaring at Sonic.
- Sonicman. Just Sonicman.
- Shadow stopping time via Chaos Control, before casually walking behind Silver, mid-dramatic punch, and roundhouse kicking him in the back of the head.
- In the last story, during the scene of Elise resurrecting Sonic, look at Silver's face right before the kiss. It's almost as if the guy saw the moment coming.
- In the previous cutscene, when the gang splits up to collect the Chaos Emeralds, Knuckles begins to go in the wrong direction before turning around.
- After Shadow enters Eggman's base by bursting through the ceiling:
Eggman: ...Wouldn't the door have been easier? So, what do you want now?
- Until the four or five-hundredth time it happens to you, watching Sonic start breakdancing during the Mach Speed sections makes it all worth it.
- Mephiles exiting the scene by twirling off screen◊ like a ballerina. Okay, possibly not originally intended by progammers, as it appears the character model sets back to the default pose, but his ears and hand clearly show that Mephiles spun at least 360 degrees before the scene cuts back to Silver and Blaze, who never acknowledge it. Now watch the scene while anticipating the action, and you may get a giggle or two.
- Mephiles tripping over his own feet(?) once he picks himself up off the ground after being bounced like a ball after "Mephiles Phase 1" is finished. Even while trying to open a portal to escape, he's still having trouble standing upright after that hit. Almighty Super Being, indeed!
- Shadow's reaction to an entirely unremarkable bit at the end of Flame Core. The subtitle renders it as "Ack!", but the sound he makes is something more like "RRRRRRRAGGAHHHaaaa...!"
- The cutscene after you defeat the Egg Wyvern. The mech explodes in pieces, Eggman's seat is ejected... and on the way down it hits a piece of debris and start spinning sideways. It's hilarious to watch.
- When Shadow backs up while driving a buggy, he puts a hand on the seat next to him and looks over his shoulder - standard safety protocall for backing up a car. It's amusing to consider that of all the things this game should have gotten right, someone instead put their time into making sure Shadow was practicing safe driving.
From the Let's Play by pokecapn's posse
- In "Autosave? That's so 2000!", pokecap'n gets his first game over and hopes he doesn't have to restart the level.
pokecapn: I have to start the whole game from the start!
- As they order some General Tso's, pokecapn dubs over the audio with some Sonic Adventure music. Right as the music cuts off...
- Their reaction to the sound-effect of Silver hovering when he first encounters Sonic, and started doing a rendition of the themesong of The Jetsons. "Dau-ghter Shadowwwwwww!" "CROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"
- Solving the "Find the Captain" puzzle.
pokecapn: Fuck this. [Completes the puzzle without even trying; the Goons erupt in laughter.]
- In Silver's playthrough, they pull they same thing during one of Silver's puzzles involving sneaking past guards.
Medibot: ...They didn't see you!
IlluminatusVespucci: What the fuck?
- "Gotta be careful not to fall off here."
- Oh, Radical Train...
Tails: Press the Square button in the air to do a Bound Jump.
- "UH OH, I'M A TARD-ASS!"
- Another great bit is when Sonic hits a wall and falls SIDEWAYS to his death.
- In-between attempts, when pokecapn is traversing back to the train station:
Goon: Press the Square butto- the swear button to use the fuck attack!
- The discussion from around this point:
Kung-Fu Jesus: ...so yeah, it is amazing, but not in the right way.
medibot: It's kinda like on those nature shows on PBS.
Kung-Fu Jesus: No, it's not.
medibot: Well except, y'know, more trains and less animals.
IlluminatusVespucci: Mutual of Omaha presents Oh Fuck, A Bomb!
- medibot's ill-fated attempt: "OH GOD I'M SO NOT READY, I'VE NEVER DONE A MACH SPEED, HELP, HOW DO ... HOW DO I INHALE!? HOW ... WHAT ... Do I just press down to copy their power?"
- "I was pressing right, and he was just humping the wall! Why are you humping the wall, Sonic?"
- Sonic's in-game "reaction" to Kung-Fu Jesus's comment after this line:
Elise: I owe you a lot, Sonic...
KFJ: Like a blowjob.
Sonic: *small agreeing chuckle*
The Goons: WHOA!!
- AGENT SMITH BONGOS DOT GIF.
- I AM MANIPULATING THE DATA!
- I'M FULL OF OWLS!
- In part 14, when a robot kills Sonic with lasers in the Test of Courage. Besides the inevitable Atomic F-Bomb ... This gem occurs.
medibot: All the bacon in the world couldn't save you now!
All: All the bacon in the world couldn't save you now! Cause! IT'S A LASER! IT'S A LASER! IT'S A LASER! IT'S A LASER!
- "Follow the Egg Carrier."
Kung-Fu Jesus: "Follow the Egg Carrier."
Medibot: Follow the Owl Carrier.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Have we even seen the Egg Carrier?
Pokecapn: ...We haven't seen it.
Medibot: We just assume there is one.
Kung-Fu Jesus: It's like a movie called "Horses! Horses! Horses!", and there's not a single fucking horse in the whole movie!
- This moment in the Aquatic Base, when they start playing as Knuckles, and the camera and controls work together to become as unwieldy as possible.
- "Great!" "GREAT, THE CAMERA SHAT ITSELF!"
- The beginning of Shadow's story — the audio was deleted and they had to redo their commentary... and the dialogue. With the voices of the characters of Metal Gear Solid. Keep in mind that this was recorded AFTER the end of the LP. Also, this:
pokecapn: Hey, Sonic-2006-ites, this is still pokecapn...
IlluminatusVespucci: This is still IlluminatusVespucci.
Kung-Fu Jesus: This is still... poke... capn... ew.
(They all start laughing.)
medibot: And this is new and improved, with 50% less fat medibot!
medibot: We'll have to put IlluminatusVespucci in a basket made of reeds and float him down the river.
- A bizarre conversation during that video leads to this wonderful statement from a possibly-drunk Kung-Fu Jesus.
Kung-Fu Jesus: He'll be found by an Egyptian princess, and her name will be "Rose Red". And she'll found a hospital for cancer children. And then it will be haunted. And then we'll have to hire a paranormal investigator. And...well, you know the rest of the story.
- Mephiles' voice near the end of video 19 is nothing short of hilarious, especially when combined with his zombie-like behavior and the sound-effects courtesy of the other goons.
- "I'm Mephiles, Mephiles the Dark. And I cut myself, sometimes..."
- "I owe much to you, Shadow... NNNNGGGGHHHHH..."
- "NOW GET IN THE MOON!"
- When Rouge is describing Soleanna to Shadow: "And they export potassium. Also exporting lolicon."
- There's also this gem.
E-123 Omega: What is Eggman up to? Who is Mephiles?
IlluminatusVespucci: He's Satan, you bitch!
GUN Agent: Agent Shadow, we've lost contact with Agent Rouge. Head to the warehouse district immediately.
Pokecapn: We've lost contact?! She's only like one mile away from where I am!
Kung-Fu Jesus: Call her on her cell phone!
- Shadow's duel with Silver is as... well-designed as one would expect.
Silver: HOW 'BOUT THIS?!
- "Okay, this is... crap!"
Pokecapn: Shit on it! (defeats Silver and proceeds to use Chaos Spear repeatedly)
Kung-Fu Jesus: Take shits all over his face!
Shadow: (upon receiving a B Rank) Guess that was alright.
Medibot: Yeah, it... doesn't even fuckin' matter.
- The LPers' hysterical laughter when Shadow kicks Silver in the back of the head.
- Sanford Kong's parade of barrels.
- pokecapn completely freaks out upon having to go through one particular room. After being reassured it's only one room, he rebuts, "IT'S A STUPID ROOM!"
- Speaking of said level, it takes them almost an hour to complete Silver's Dusty Desert, after all of the deaths and the time it takes to complete the puzzles in the level.
Kung-Fu Jesus: (during one of the easiest puzzles) This is the stupidest puzzle I've ever seen.
Pokecapn: (on the billiard ball puzzle) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
- After spending 5 minutes defeating Silver's first boss.
Silver: That took too long.
Kung-Fu Jesus: No shit!
medibot: You're a master... of the obvious!
- After playing through a town mission as Amy, this happens.
- To get to Silver's Radical Train stage, the player is expected to sneak through a gauntlet of patrolling policemen. Faced with this challenge, pokecapn decides "fuck this."
- Silver's version of Kingdom Valley is absolutely rife with astounding physics. Such examples are at 13:01 and 15:38.
- The Goons discussing the logistics of Eggman being an inter-dimensional being while completely ignoring the scene where Amy and Elise discuss love is highly amusing.
- Earlier in the playthrough, during the confrontation between Mephiles and Shadow, rather than feel ensnared by the drama and suspense of the scene, they munch on chips.
- "I'm on a roll!"
pokecapn: It's Thriller Night in the Aquatic Base.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Yeah, I know. Robotnik gets all his dudes together-
medibot: It's so marginally excellent!
Kung-Fu Jesus: Marginally.
medibot: Well it's just, y'know, it's the little things, I guess, in this train wreck of a game, the little things make us happy.
Kung-Fu Jesus: And I'm pretty sure most of this was unintentional.
medibot: I don't care!
pokecapn: They probably genuinely thought this was someone crying out in pain, and not a worm dancing.
- A side conversation while running through Kingdom Valley for the third time.
- The tragic cutscene that kicks off the final chapter.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Is this supposed to be touching?
medibot: Well, Sonic's dead, but to many of us he's been that way for a while.
- The Iblis fight defies the laws Sonic '06 set for itself.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Medibot... for a game so interested in hardcore difficulty... why is it giving me information that I can see with my face?
Medibot: Um... in case you're blind.
- Kung-Fu Jesus, in three words, breaks down what may possibly be the dumbest thing that Shadow the Hedgehog has ever said.
Shadow: The instability of time caused this time-space rift.
pokecapn: *starts laughing*
KFJ: *deadpan* Oh. That's all?
pokecapn: *loses it*
- This little gem:
Kung-Fu Jesus: Get hit by a box.
*Shadow gets hit by a box*
- Upon beating End of the World, after Kung-Fu Jesus spends the level reciting song lyrics in monotone:
- As the LP nears the end, the fact that only medibot has gotten a full eight hours sleep at all this whole time starts to catch up with them, and the LP starts to mesh into one long CMoF as they get progressively less coherent.
- PICKLE SURPRISE!!!
- Sonic Von Hedgehog!
- If it exists, it is an Iblis Trigger. No exceptions.
- Their attempts to identify whose fault the game was during the credits.
- A scripted sequence launches Shadow a bit too high their first time through, which provided such a big reaction that the video is titled "That was scripted."
- One of the contests has viewers coming up with explanations for how Eggman could outrun Sonic before the final boss fight in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Explanations ranged from Eggman possessing speed bladders with excess fast to being shaped like an ostrich (because ostriches run fast as fuck) to just finally being face-to-face with Sonic for the first time with no death machines between them and running on pure adrenaline.
- pokecapn's commentary during a scene in part 7, featuring the newly-redesigned Dr. Eggman.
- Thanks to pokecapn getting an X-Play reviewer's name wrong, the crew go off on a brief Adam Sandler tangent. They eventually let pokecapn finish what he was originally going to say—and then they start on the Adam Sandler tangent again, with impersonations.
- See here for Funny Moments from this group's other Let's Plays.