- Number 1 passing gas in the box.
- Four of the guests stayed in the box for over 4 hours, far past the 3-hour stipulation. Some even thought only 1 or 2 hours had passed.
- The guests were kept without food or sleep for 30 hours, and some became... unhinged.
Number 8: I am hungry~ I am gonna eat my arm~
- Number 5's memetic "Give me. The pizza. Now." Despite the line never appearing in the show outside the intro, it became so famous that he was asked to repeat it at the reunion.
- VAL offered the guests paints to draw on the walls of the Pod; they reacted with delight. Then it cut to Number 5.
Number 5: [gloomy] If only I knew how to paint.
- Number 7 reacting poorly to the brick/speech test.
Number 7: SON OF A BISCUIT!
- Number 9, flat out. After Number 7 goes and "handicaps" Number 9 with an extra round in an early treatment, Number 9 takes it personally and goes on to do "one more" each time to get back at Number 7. (In a later treatment, 9 also does an additional round to spite 7 after being told he's already the last person standing.)
- Of course, Number 9 "earned" his reputation, given that one of the items he brought along was a blow-up doll. (Yes, that kind of blow-up doll. The camera has to blur a good bit of the doll out.)
- Numbers 3 and 8 get in on the fun later, by each taking away one of 9's luxuries from the 50,000 Vallors Auction. (Number 7 already went and gave Number 9 an hour in the black box, WITH SIRENS!)
- Number 9's impersonation of Number 7. "HOW DO YOU LIKE THE BOX, NUMBER 9? HOW DO YOU LIKE THE ALARMS, NUMBER 9?"
- VAL asking the guests what they would do for food, including acting like a chicken (they do), air guitaring (they do), and laughing at her jokes (they do).
- Number 2 begging for food in the loudest way possible.
Number 2: Please give me some foooooooood! Pretty please, pretty please, I need my food...
- Number 9 celebrates winning at dominoes...only to realize VAL said he was the first to place second.
- Number 5 appraising the losers' banquet.
Number 5: On today's menu we have a single, solitary grape...an almond...and an olive, with a delicious watery beverage.
- The entirety of the smoothie treatment.
- During the scary movie test, Number 8 lags behind with only 10 photos to arrange.
Number 8: If. I. Get this wrong. I am gonna kill myself~
- Numbers 3 and 8 take a turn for the cruel in the Vallors auction and deprive Number 9 of his pizza and Icy-Hot. Then Number 7 locks 9 in the box with an hour of sirens.
- This occurrence from Episode 4:
Number 8: I have the strength of a man and the body of a woman. ...Don't air that, delete it right now.
VAL: Too late.
- Number 8 taking himself down a peg:
- During the ball gag treatment, Number 8 attempted to tell VAL "You son of a bitch!" in a muffled voice, to which VAL responded, "You want to give me a kiss?" He also declared, "This sucks!" to which VAL said in a cheery voice, "I agree. This rocks!"
- Number 8's suffering in that treatment is comedically sociopathic. A particularly notable instance is when VAL allows him to retrieve a water bottle. "Now what?" "You tell me."
- The guests cheering for their pet mice in episode 5 is heartwarming...except when the mice fall asleep or go the wrong way.
- The guests taking out their frustrations on the much-reviled meal bars in Episode 5, including yelling at it, stomping on it, and throwing it into walls. Number 9 even gives it a Drill Sergeant Nasty rant.
- Number 8's Big "NO!" in the finale after VAL decides to keep him forever.
- On the Reunion Show, Number 1's nephew asked him why he passed gas on TV.