Funny: Shakespeare in Love
- Pretty much every Historical In-Joke that pops up throughout the movie.
- Shakespeare's epic shrug◊ when asked where his pages are.
- Chasing after Viola to find out about this Thomas Kent fellow, Shakespeare decides to climb up the rose vines to Viola's balcony. Just when audiences think we're about to see a re-staging of the infamous balcony scene from the play... it's the nurse who catches Shakespeare climbing up, and both are freaked out by the surprise.
- During the opening audition for Romeo And Ethel the Pirate's Daughter, every would-be performer auditions by using the same lines from Marlowe's Faustus, which annoys Shakespeare to no end.
"...see, there's this pirate..."
- Just the very idea that all of English literature is awaiting the epic that is "Romeo and Ethel the Pirate's Daughter."
- Ned's reaction to learning about Mercutio's death.
- How Shakespeare gets Ned to take the part in the first place.
- Queen Elizabeth stopping at a puddle and looking expectantly at her courtiers, who quickly take of their capes, only for her to walk through the water anyway muttering "Too late, too late."
- The London cabbies, in rowing boats.
I had that Christopher Marlowe in my boat once.
- The boatman rolling his eyes at Shakespeare's Purple Prose.
A writer, is he?ROW YOUR BOAT.
- Henslowe attempting to calm a panicking Shakespeare when it looks like everything is going wrong with the premiere of Romeo and Juliet:
Henslowe: The show must... you know... (trails off aimlessly)Shakespeare: Go on!
- Pretty much everything involving the bloodthirsty young scamp, John Webster (who would grow up to become a writer of particularly gruesome tragedies), ESPECIALLY the scene where he tips off Mr. Tilney about Viola performing in drag:
Viola: Nobody knew.Webster: (pointing at Shakespeare) He did! I saw him kissing her bubbies!
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.