- The first words of the series:
Hazel's Narration: This is how an idea becomes real.Alana: Am I shitting? It feels like I'm shitting!
- Issue #11, the first few pages we see Marko and Alana finish "being intimate." Hazel's snarky narration is just icing on the cake:
Hazel: Yeah, yeah, so my mom and dad used to have sex. What, like your parents just willed you into existence?
Marko: Are you kidding? I thought you told me to finish inside you.Alana: That was Sexy Alana! She's a crazy person! Sexy Alana is obsessed with her nipples and uses the word "dick" unironically! She's not to be trusted!
- There's also Alana's response to realizing that Marko finished inside her (Justified worries, given they're both still fugitives at the time and all):
- The explicitly described Meet Cute between Alana and Marko, which is Alana hitting Marko around the head with the butt of her rifle, preceded by a spoof of Twilight and its fans involving her absurdly devoted reaction to a book about a rock monster who falls in love.
- Izabel: The giant evil space fetus just shot black goo from its eyes!
- Helped by Hazel's narration talking about how dreams can come true. And Real Dreams Are Weirder.
- When Marko suggests Barr as a name.
Alana: Like a tavern? Like a soap?Marko: My father's name is Barr.Alana: (awkward fake smile) Oh. And I love it!
- Izabel as a flaming gorilla chasing away a group of insane cultists while flipping them off and yelling "Yeah, that's right! Flee in terror, bitches!"
- The Stalk: Oh, fuck you, you self-righteous piece of... bald!
- "What are they up to now? Is Alana...praying?" "No. No, she most certainly is not."
- Sophie, Gwen and The Brand find the male dragon they were looking for. It's auto-fellating.
Sophie: It's a boy, all right.
- In the letter corner, after receiving numerous letters telling Vaughan how many people have named their daughter after Hazel, he answers the letter of a mother excited over the possibility of not being too many childrens named after her:
Vaughan: Okay, good news/bad news, Sarah. Your daughter's name may not be quite as rare as you first thought, but on the plus side, if she's ever convicted of arson, a frail writer will soon be ther to purchase her freedom. sincere congrats to you and joe!
- Fiona Staples sheds some light on the creative process◊, which, unsurprisingly, involves alcohol. For bonus points the donuts moon actually appears.