- From the first Saw, most of Adam's lines to Lawrence throughout the first half of the film could be considered comedic gems.
"I went to bed in my shithole apartment, and woke up in an actual shithole.""My name is Very Fucking Confused! What's your name?""I'm having a blast! This is the most fun I've had without lubricant!"(When Lawrence insists Adam has been hiding things from him) "Oh, well, let's see. On my sixth birthday, my best friend at the time, Scott Tibbs, stabbed me with a rusty nail, I didn't tell you about that. I didn't tell you that my last girlfriend was a feminist vegan punk who broke up with me because she thought I was too angry. I also haven't told you that one of my toenails is slight—.""I don't give a crap if you covered yourself in peanut butter and had a 15-hooker gangbang!"
James Wan: "We peed in the bathtub. We all took turns peeing in there. We told Leigh it was Lipton Tea."
- When Adam searches the toilet for anything that might help Lawrence and he escape, he first dunks his hand into the filthy bowl, eventually coming up empty handed. He then checks inside the clean tank and immediately finds the bag Jigsaw left for them. He dryly remarks, “Wish I'd checked in there first.”
- The commentary track on the unrated edition DVD, with Leigh, Cary, and James. They have a total blast and mock the film lots, as well as share several funny stories. And Cary even does a Marlon Brando impression. Apparently Leigh was the production team's Butt-Monkey as well:
- Also on the unrated DVD, the Easter eggs. "Saw in 60 seconds," where the whole movie is reenacted by BARBIE DOLLS, and the Cast and Crew talking about Billie The Puppet as if he's an actual actor.
- During the credits, Leigh says that he's invented a Saw drinking game: finish your shot every time, while watching the commentary, James mentions how he only had 18 days to film the whole movie. "I call it the Saw 18 days drinking game."
- From Saw II, there is a moment where Addison and Xavier have a brief fight:
[Xavier is repeatedly whacking a door with a baseball bat with nails on it - it isn't working, everyone's watching]Addison: Well we've established that the macho bullshit approach isn't opening the door. Any other suggestions?Xavier: [turns round to Addison] Look who's talking, the only door you know how to open is between ya' legs!
- Made even funnier by the fact that Frankie G improvised that line.
- From the third movie, while Lynn is operating on Jigsaw.
Lynn: John, how're we doing?Jigsaw: Never better.
- The conclusion to the Horsepower Trap in Saw 3D. The run-up was creepy, but this part just comes off as slapsticky.
- In Saw VI, there's the Carusel Trap, in which six people spin around in a cage, and William, who's outside has to choose which two to live by pressing buttons to hold back a bullet on the person it's aiming at, making a sacrifice of his own by doing so. This is no doubt a very serious moment, but when they try to lie to convince him not to kill them, it becomes a little funny.
Uhmm...I'm-I'm pregnant!No, she's not! She's lying!
- In Jigsaw, when Billy rolls out on his trike and does his signature cackle, Ryan dryly remarks, "That's not creepy at all."
- From the second video game, Michael finds out that one of the things he has to do is blow open a gate with chemical explosives. It's all in the delivery: he just doesn't sound surprised anymore at how his night's turning out.
Michael: Great, now I'm making bombs. This is a good idea.