- Stabs (a Halfling) referring to Presti (a Human) as a "twiceling."
- Slobber Stankbreath. Everything he does.
- The whole subplot with yuan-ti roller-skaters.
- The effects of the Python of Mershaulk:
- Slaadi building card houses.
- Bugbears practicing slapstick comedy.
- Gorgons opening restaurants.
- Gibbering mouthers reciting Shakespeare.
- In a hilarious parody of Good Angel, Bad Angel, Mimic's corner angel and corner devil disagree on how to phrase exactly the same course of action. As Angel!Madeline puts it: "Sometimes, violence is the answer."
- Also just that the angel looks like Madam Goodlaw and the devil looks like the princess. Such a brilliant detail!
- Another variant on the shoulder angels show up in a much later strip.
- The Philosophical Zombie, who speaks entirely in clichés.
Empty vessels make the loudest sound.
- Also the alt-text for that strip:
- Stabs' thoughts on Presti as a potential traitor:
You're either really good at this or really bad at this.
- When a fleeing Derro moves out of Stabs' throwing range, Presti finds a new use for the upgraded badger launcher.
- Cube pulling a Metronomic Man Mashing... and the others too happy to watch to free Stabs.
- Slobber's new job as a bouncer is to only let in folks who ask him a riddle he can't answer. Prestige's riddle? "What's green today that's blue tomorrow?"answer Being Dumb Muscle, Slobber naturally lets them pass, and Roxanne repeats the question to Prestige, who just shrugs.
- When Roxy talks to Robespierre in a bar, he tells her what he's doing (recruiting for the Games as parole), and tells her not to sit on the stool at the table. Ignoring him, she sits on the stool while saying that no one would join Robespierre's team, but Robes points at the stool and says he already has an applicant... at which a very nervous Mimic starts stammering out a Not What It Looks Like explanation, which Roxy does not accept.
- Plus, the way Mimic phrases his apology implies that he was hoping cute ladies sat on him, he just wasn't expecting Roxy to sit down.
- Roxy's learned her lesson in checking to make sure seats are safe. And this time Mimic had to know that the person that was going to sit there would be Roxy.
Mimic: OKAY-OKAY-OKAY! I get th' message!