- Stabs (a Halfling) referring to Presti (a Human) as a "twiceling."
- Slobber Stankbreath. Everything he does.
- The whole subplot with yuan-ti roller-skaters.
- The effects of the Python of Mershaulk:
- Slaadi building card houses.
- Bugbears practicing slapstick comedy.
- Gorgons opening restaurants.
- Gibbering mouthers reciting Shakespeare.
- In a hilarious parody of Good Angel, Bad Angel, Mimic's corner angel and corner devil disagree on how to phrase exactly the same course of action. As Angel!Madeline puts it: "Sometimes, Violence Really Is the Answer."
- Also just that the angel looks like Madam Goodlaw and the devil looks like the princess. Such a brilliant detail!
- Another variant on the shoulder angels show up in a much later strip.
- The Philosophical Zombie, who speaks entirely in clichés.
Empty vessels make the loudest sound.
- Also the alt-text for that strip:
- Stabs' thoughts on Presti as a potential traitor:
You're either really good at this or really bad at this.
- When a fleeing Derro moves out of Stabs' throwing range, Presti finds a new use for the upgraded badger launcher.
- Cube pulling a Metronomic Man Mashing... and the others too happy to watch to free Stabs.
- Slobber's new job as a bouncer is to only let in folks who ask him a riddle he can't answer. Prestige's riddle? "What's green today that's blue tomorrow?"answer Being Dumb Muscle, Slobber naturally lets them pass, and Roxanne repeats the question to Prestige, who just shrugs.