- The two Ferrarri/ Lauda Fanboys that pick Niki Lauda and Marlene up in Italy and are gushing about him throughout the entire scene. One of them has no hesitation about hugging him, to his bemusement. Also, the look on all three of their faces when Lauda guns the engine.
Fanboy: I can't believe Niki Lauda is driving my car!!
- For context: Niki's injuries were so bad that he had been administered last rites. His first words when he's awake enough to be understood? "Tell the priest to fuck off! I'm still alive!"
- When Niki proclaims the Ferarri a 'shitbox' - the mechanic looks at him, utterly incredulous. Niki responds with a hilarious face and noise in imitation.
- Sex: Breakfast of Champions.
- Niki keeping his mechanical team up all night reworking the car, then cheerfully bidding them goodnight when they finally leave, apparently oblivious of the fact that the night has already gone by and it's morning.
- Niki spelling out all the ways he'll be a bad husband and then finishing off by basically saying "eh, you'll do as a wife", followed by Marlene's amused "My God, a poet".
- Meta example: During the filming of Rush, a production assistant, assigned to work on the end-of-movie credit roll, asked someone who is wearing a "Jochen Mass" race suit who his real name is. That person said his real name is Jochen Mass. The PA didn't believe this, and asked him over and over until the PA went off in search of someone who spoke German, because the PA was sure that the man was not understanding the question. Little did the PA knew that the man wearing the "Jochen Mass" race suit is Jochen Mass himself!