Funny / Runaways
Chase knows what he wants.
The Original Series:
- The opening scene in Vol. 1 where The Avengers start acting bizarrely out of character during a mission to stop the Incredible Hulk from destroying The White House. It turns out that it's just Alex playing an MMORPG with his online friends. Actually scratch that, all of the opening scenes introducing the main characters and their families are quite humorous as well.
- When the group spies on their parents and sees them in their supervillain get-up for the first time.
Alex: Do you know what this means?
Chase: Yeah, our parents are totally gay.
- Some funny innuendo in issue 4:
Karolina: Where am i going, anyway?
Nico: The hospital! I've got a... a giant rod stuck inside my body!
- During the Teenage Wasteland arc, some convenience store robbers(who turn out to be something else entirely) confuse the gang with Power Pack, a much earlier group of kid superheroes.
The Second Series:
- In the first issue, the Runaways take on the Wrecking Crew. Thunderball prepares to attack Gert, who has so far done nothing but go to lean against a tree.
Gert: I've got the power to make grown men lose control of their bowels.
*Old Lace drops down out of the tree.*
Gert: More or less.
- And her musings after about how she wished Old Lace had been her Bat Mizvah present, if only to have made her school days more tolerable.
- When Victor's powers suddenly emerge.
: Whoa...did you see how high I just jumped? Nico
: Yeah. Did you see how high my stilettos are? Look closely
. *kicks Victor in the face*
- There's something funny about Ultron predicting that there's a 99.99% likelihood that the Avengers will have a distinct lack in diversity in the coming years—enough to let a new super who'd only recently come into his powers join the team.
- Molly Worfing Wolverine, from near the front of a church, all the way through the heavy doors and across the street into a snowbank.
- Spider-man's appearance during the "East Coast/West Coast" arc.
Victor: Ho... Holy...
Gert: You're... You're...
Spider-man: Yes. I'm Batman.
- HELP! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED BY AN EVIL BLACK MAN FROM THE 1980'S!"
- "Dude, you don't have to bring race into this."
- Issue 17 of Vol. 2 has Nico and Gert fighting and making up at the same time, leaving Victor confused as to what was happening.
- During the battle with the Gibborim, Victor tries to do a Fastball Special with Molly. Molly is the strongest member of the team. Guess who turns out to be Wolverine.
- Chase talking to himself at the start of the "Dead End Kids" Arc
Chase: K Kcht.
Eagle One to German guys from Die Hard
, what is your position? KK Rrzt.
This is German Guys, we are splitting up a bazillion dollars in diamonds and primo weed while you freeze your ass off up there pretending you have a walkie talkie, over. KHHHT
- Issue 25 of Vol. 2 It... makes sense in context.
Nico: I told you like ten times to stay out of my stuff.
Molly: But we're heisting! Why couldn't you wear normal-person stockings anyway? I'm gonna have waffle-face.
- "Why aren't you awesomed by me?!"
- During the "Dead End Kids" arc, there's a rather serious moment when the Witchbreaker is torturing Nico, though Nico's retort to the Witchbreaker is pretty funny in its own way:
Witchbreaker: I am going to hurt you some more. Do you understand why?
: Because you're evil, insane, have no friends and no life and nothing to do 'cause they haven't invented reruns of "Golden Girls"
- When Victor starts getting obvious about his thing with Lillie, which is shortly after he and Nico got together:
Molly: "Victor's been kind of a ho-bag lately."
The Third Series:
- Molly telling Chase that there's a team meeting while he's doing some work on his upgraded fistigons, when he stalls:
: Don't make me pick you up and carry you. Gilligan Cut Chase
: Put me down, you little gorilla!
- The Runaways' first encounter with the Young X-Men is full of hilarity.
Nico: Okay, see? This is why we should never leave the house.
Klara: Lord save us... more demons!!
Victor: Thaaaaat's not helping, Klara.
- After fighting a giant serpent-monster that sprang up during a game of Truth or Dare, Karolina (who by this point has come out as a lesbian) is asked if she ever has considered trying being with a guy. Karolina's pissed response is to point out how the incredibly phallic monster they just defeated made her even less inclined than usual to consider the idea, leaving the rest of the team scrambling for Brain Bleach. Or in Victor's case, outright erase the memory.
- During that same game, Karolina asks Nico who's the best kisser out of her, Chase, Victor and Alex. Nico tries to get out of it, but eventually snaps and says Karolina. Chase is okay with this.
- Klara, who just walked in, is appalled.
- During the Secret Invasion crossover with Young Avengers she punches a Super Skrull clear through a skyscraper.
The Fourth Series:
- As sad as it is hearing Nico and Chase recount how the team fell apart, Gert's increasing incredulousness at Nico and Chase's incompetence is hilarious, particularly when they reach the part where the state took away Klara, who joined the team after Gert's death.
Gert: Klara? Good job, Nico. You guys lost kids I haven't even met.
- A bit of Black Comedy when Gert wonders where did everybody else go:
Nico: Two years is a long time, Gert. A lot of things have changed.
Gert: Why are you suddenly talking to me as if I'm six years old and my potbellied pig just died?