Funny: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- The head elf yelling at Hermey:
Head Elf: Now listen, we have dolls that cry, talk, walk, blink and run a temperature. We don't need any chewing dolls!
- Even funnier in retrospect, since chewing dolls did in fact come out during the 1980s.
- But with those chewing Cabbage Patch Kids dolls in 1996....IS it funny?
- There's probably someone out there who thinks it's funny.
- Hermey and Yukon have several moments.
Yukon Cornelius: LAND HO!!!Hermey No kidding.
Yukon: Fog's as thick as peanut butter.Hermey: You mean pea soup.Yukon: You eat what you like, I'll eat what I like!
- In a similar vein...
- Plus the "I thought you said you wanted X" Running Gag.
- "I'm cute! I'm cute! She said I'm CUUUUUUTTTTEEE!!!"
- The sexism, which we can look and laugh at.
"Yes, they were very sad at the loss of their friend, but they knew that the best thing they could do was get the women back to town."
- After Yukon comes back alive with the now-redeemed Bumble, he gives us this unforgettable line.
Didn't I ever tell you about Bumbles. Bumbles bounce!
- When Yukon offers to give Rudolph and Hermey a ride, he yells "Mush!" at his dogs over and over. When they don't respond, he says "Like this!" and begins pulling the sled himself. What do the dogs do? Leap in the back of the sled and enjoy the free ride their master is giving them.
- Then there is the fact that the sled dogs that are pulling Yukon's sled consist of a Dachshund, a young St. Bernard, a Schnauzer, a Cocker Spaniel, and a Poodle.
- After the 'We Are Santa's Elves' number, Santa quickly says, "Needs work" and ducks out. After Mrs. Claus reassures the elves, the head elf whirls on them.
Head Elf: That sounded terrible! The tenor section was weak!
- Might be horrible, but during the musical number, an elf will sometimes smack around another elf. It makes this troper giggle a little seeing that moment.
- "Whoa! WHOOAAAA! UN-MUSH WILL YOU?!"