Funny: RuPaul's Drag Race
open/close all folders
- Shannel monologuing non-stop for 10 minutes in what was supposed to be a 30 second commercial for Mac Viva-Glam to the visible irritation of the Pit Crew.
- When the girls try on each other's outfits, Ongina wears Bebe's wig and it's almost as big as she is!
- Jujubee reading the other queens.
I WIN! FINALLY.
- Her reaction to her win was pretty priceless too:
- Jessica Wild drinking Absolut Vodka nonstop in her interview. "Oh I love that Absolut Ahhhsayyyeee, oh my God!"
- During Season 2's wedding dress challenge, the queens were having a serious discussion about the importance of same-sex marriage as they worked on their dresses...except Tyra Sanchez, who was obliviously singing to her iPod—loudly and off-key—the whole time while the other queens shot her death glares..
- Pandora Boxx gets an excellent bit of revenge on Santino Rice during the reunion by describing his outfit as "homeless chic."
- This exchange from the Space Challenge:
Mariah: Go fuck yourself!Mimi: I DID! That's why I'm your father. AND YOUR MOTHER!
- In "Ru Ha Ha", the queens are challenged to do a stand-up comedy routine.
- Shangela invents a pimp-ho character and wins the challenge.
She came screaming at me, talking like, ‘Laquifa!’ I said, ‘What?!’
- Alexis makes great use of Gag Boobs.
- Yara Sofia's barely understandable, hyperactive little person character, which Crosses the Line Twice.
- Raja comes out in an outfit inspired by Carrie, complete with a fake bucket pouring "blood" over her head, and her very first line is "Did anyone else just get their period?"
- Shangela invents a pimp-ho character and wins the challenge.
- During the Rupaulapalooza "Untucked" session, all the queens are asked who should leave. There is a long, awkward silence backstage... broken by Manila.
"What a fun challenge! I mean, who knew it'd be so hard to lipsynch my own goddamn song? (Beat. No one responds.) All right, werk."
- Manila's drag sister jock cheering on the backstage after knowing he won two tickets to a cruise... America's #1 Gay Cruise.
- Frustrated by Alexis Mateo's boob plate not looking like the real thing, Michelle Visage whips out her own boobs and flashes the camera. Ru is in hysterics afterwards.
- During a runway LaToya Jackson actually critiques Manila Luzon's hair on being too big, Manila's reaction is just priceless!
(laughing)"How dare you?! I'm a drag queen!"
- In Untucked, one fight between Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara was so heated they fought through Ru Paul's message to head to the Gold Bar and unknowingly missed out on an opportunity to meet Dita von Teese, who waited patiently as Muzak played in the background.
- One of the best burns being delivered by, of all people, former NBA star Rick Fox.
(Of a "Carrie Bradshaw" inspired outfit) She was trying for Sex and the City, but all she got was Sex In The Alley.
- After Kenya Michaels was eliminated, she wrote the queens an open letter where she reads all of them to filth.
- During the Untucked of Season 4's Snatch Game, Latrice, Dida, and Jiggly all pick names from the big pink box and impersonate their fellow queens. Hilarity Ensues.
- Shangela's big reveal in the season 4 opener, which involves her getting locked in a box, set on fire, attacked by a rabid honey badger, and finally eaten by zombies, all for calling RuPaul OLD.
- Jiggly Caliente's reaction to watching Latrice Royale de-drag for the first time:
- Untucked even recreated one of Sharon and Phi Phi's fights, using the dogs from the episode.
- During the "frenemies" challenge, Phi Phi and Sharon are paired together (surprise, surprise) and are tasked to sing live. They opt to give Ru a little preview...
- During All Stars, Alexis admitting that even though both she and Yara Sofia both speak Spanish and English half the time she doesn't understand her in either language.
- Ongina and Delta Work driving the final four.
- The superheroine runway — just listening to the serious delivery of each of the queen's campy hero/villain backstories, punctuated by the mood inappropriate catcalls of the judges watching them strut down the runway in their latex/sequined/bondage-play costumes.
- Roxxxy Andrews talking about her "makeup dress", which she likens to Little House on the Prairie. And Penny Tration then showing off her own African-style makeup dress with "I see your Little House on the Prairie and raise you Africa!"
- In season 5, Rupaul criticizes Coco, who is playing a ventriloquist dummy.
- Jinkx Monsoon warns the other queens in the competition to take her seriously... only to cut to her asleep on the couch curled up in a fetal position.
- Lineysha pitching ideas in the children's show. "Why don't we get a muffin and he talking like AGHAGHAGHAGH"
- Detox admitting that she's had "some work done" (i.e. plastic surgery) and proceeding to give off a Long List of virtually every body part you could think of while Alaska stares on in disbelief. And then at the very end announcing that she's a member of the Glad product line due to having so much plastic. To put this in perspective, she finishes by saying that the only things she hasn't had done are her nose, knees, and her big toe.
- Later in the same episode, making her way down the runway in a black dress that looks pretty conventional from the front, only to reveal when she turns around lacing that goes all the way down the back and shows a massive amount of buttcrack. The judges' reactions are hysterical.
- The Rupaul Roast
"Rupaul, you’ve been in the industry a long long long long long long long long time.""Rupaul is so old that the Hindenberg disaster nearly destroyed her Bat Mitzvah""Rupaul is so old that her colostomy bag is made of wood""Rupaul is so old that when she opens her legs, all you hear is puuuuh."
- Alaska who, in addition to poking fun at guest judge Leslie Jordan and Michelle Visage, did some great rapid-fire "Rupaul is so old..." jokes
"Michelle Visage is so full of semen... Period. No seriously, she's a whore.""Ru, what I admire most about you is your ability to look at these tired queens and always find a compliment for them. You're so full of shit, the toilet's jealous."
- Coco as Ru's "ghetto cousin" while roasting her. She ended up winning the challenge.
- Alyssa's microphone getting turned off because her jokes were so bad. You half expected a Vaudeville Hook to come out and yank her off stage.
- Earlier in the workroom Michelle repeatedly telling her that her jokes weren't jokes and were actually just insults was cringe-inducingly hilarious. Especially Alyssa's blank stare which made it obvious it was not sinking in.
- Jinkx's bit:
- The perfume episode's mini-challenge, where the queens had to match the underwear on 22 muscle-bound models. Since the queens are holed up in a hotel and have had minimal contact with the outside world, they hadn't had sex in months and just stared at the men like a pack of starving wolves. Needless to say, they had some trouble with the matching.
Ru Paul: You don't seem to be doing very well, Alyssa.Alyssa: No, I'm doing well; I'm just not making any matches.
- A lot of the comments made are pretty good, too.
- The perfume commercials
Seduction, addiction, (suddenly deep voice) Heroine. Sexy, sultry, Heroine. A new addiction for the addictive woman. Available at the clinic.
- "Heroine by Detox," playing on both the drug and a strong female:
"This smells like a Kim Kardashian sex tape [...] Most of these just smell like Grandma's vag."
- Some of Aubrey O'Day's critiques took the cake too:
Dangerous. Flawless. Overpriced. Whether you’re getting read the house down (‘your makeup is terrible’) or just ready to go down, the exciting new fragrance Red for Filth. Are you red-y for me?”
- Jinkx Monsoon's entire commercial for "Delusion", which starts with her lounging around with two hunks like they'd just had a threesome, only to cut to her waking up alone on a couch. The clincher is having some Chex mix on her thigh when she wakes up.
- Alaska's "Red for Filth." You can hear Ru cackling in the background, which just makes it that much funnier.
- For that matter, Alaska's tone of voice and facial expressions as she says, "I just wanna spray it all over mah bodeh raght neeeowh!" Especially that thing she does with her jaw.
- "Oooh.. it smells like iHop! Your country breakfast is ready! Y'all hungry?"
- The entire sequence in season 5 when the gay vets are trying to tuck for the first time. It does not go well for several of them. Especially how one attempts to use duct tape after size issues make it difficult and Coco explains why this is a bad idea. Later turns into a Brick Joke when the vets are watching from the lounge and are still talking about it.
- Michelle Visage referring to Rolaskatox as "Rolodex" and even after Ru corrects her, Michelle says she likes her version better.
- Alaska's Roxxxy puppet, complete with having a wig under another wig and a tear off under another tear off.
- Jinkx's lipsync to Yma Sumac's "Malambo #1" in the Sugar Ball episode is the single funniest lipsync from the entire show.
- "LIL' POUND CAKE!!!"
- Roxxxy being completely confused by the "Sequin versus Sequins" thing. She's actually Latina, and apparently English is not her first language. This was the only time it showed, and it was absolutely hilarious.
- Alyssa shouting at Coco, "Look how fucking orange you look, girl!" while Coco was in the middle of applying foundation (which really was an ungodly shade of orange), which the season rewind episode ever-so-helpfully drove home by putting Coco's face in a Dorito. For that matter, Coco's Death Glare where she looks like an Oompa-Loompa samurai counts too.
I'M NOT JOKIN', BITCH!
- To Coco's credit, she's had some fun with this. In the reunion she admits that yes, she was very, very orange then, and a couple months later she posed for a photo in front of a Doritos truck.
- Alyssa's status as a Fountain of Memes. Comedy wasn't her thing, but she was perhaps the most unintentionally hilarious and quotable queen on the show:
Bitch sit your ass down and shut the hell up, bitch!Coco was backstabbing me behind my back!Backrolls?!Yes Gawd!I don't get cute, I get drop-dead gorgeous!
- Now available as a dance mix.
- During the reunion, a fan submitted a question asking whether or not she'd figured out what Alyssa's Secret was. Her response: "It's 9 inches and fully functional!"
- The mini-challenge where the queens had to put on their makeup in the dark is perhaps the funniest mini-challenge in the entire show besides the Once a Season reading session. Ru explains what she wants them to do, and before they have time to react, she claps her hands and the lights are out, forcing them to awkwardly stumble towards the makeup tables and beat their faces without stabbing themselves in the eye with mascara pencils. Once the lights come back on, the end results range from passable to horrendous.
Alyssa Edwards (on Coco's makeup): Girl what were those colors?!
- In the second Season 6 premier, Bianca Del Rio's hilarious criticisms of the other queens are priceless:
On Trinity K. Bonet: "She reminds me of a dear old friend of mine in New Orleans. She's dead."On Joslyn Fox: "Girl is wearing every piece of jewelry she owns! She looks like she went to Claire's Boutique, fell on a sales rack, and said 'I'll take it!'"On Magnolia Crawford's over-contoured nose: "She looks like a swordfish! Like she can turn a book with that thing..."On Gia Gunn: "[The first seven queens] are all trying too hard, especially Kimora Lee Simmons-Kardashian over there."
- In the first premiere, after Laganja meets the other queens, she starts doing a dance akin to pelvic thrusting the air. Cut to DeLa's unimpressed Confession Cam.
Laganja: It's time we got some fresh fish up in here! Sushi rolls, sushi rolls! [thrusts the air]
- Adore and Milk's top and bottom bikini lip-synch is hilarious, easily winning out of the six total groups with the combination of Milk's bikini-clad bulge and Adore serving face and comedy, the two get so into it that they leave Ru in stitches!
- When Trinity argues with the judges over her difficulty speaking with her flippers in, guest judge Sheryl Lee Ralph tells her to put a cork in it...literally! Speaking with a cork in your mouth is an old trick for practicing enunciation.
- Bianca, Milk, Ben, and Adore's reactions to Laganja's attention whoring in the fifth episode of Untucked. Special points to Milk and Adore for Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- In an episode of Whatcha Packin' with Michelle Visage when Michelle interviewed Milk post-elimination, and Milk shows off a "deconstructed/reconstructed" wedding dress she didn't get to wear, pulling it out for the camera and sweeping the lace across Michelle's face, which the editors then felt the need to repeat in a slow-motion instant reply!
Michelle Visage: That just took all my lip gloss off! You have a remnant of Michelle Visage on your wedding dress!
- Episode 8 involves a stand-up comedy challenge for the queens with one catch: Most of the audience are senior citizens. Hilarity Ensues.
- Bianca's Self-Deprecation humor takes the cake (and the challenge itself)
My mother is from Cuba and my dad is from Honduras, which basically means I have a large dick, no credit and a tendency to take things that don't belong to me.My mother insisted that we stay true to our Spanish heritage, so my first words were 'housekeeping!'.
- Bianca's Self-Deprecation humor takes the cake (and the challenge itself)
- Though extremely unintentional in the latest episode of Untucked following Laganja's Heroic BSOD she storms out of the Gold Bar followed by utter silence Courtney finally says something:
Courtney: *struggles to speak for a minute* I don't know if we handled that the best way.
Trinity: No. Relax. Relax. Relax. Take it down to a 2.
- Similarly unintentional, just before Laganja storms out, Trinity tries to calm her down:
- The queens have a little game to play in Untucked where they have to guess who said what quote during confession cam. One of the quotes is a queen saying "when it comes to beating my face I'm up there with the pros." The queen who said that was Milk. Cut to all of the queens in Untucked being utterly shocked Milk said that.
Adore: Whoever said that sounds dumb...
- Similarly everyone instantly guesses which one is Adore due to the distinctive speech patterns, while Adore makes increasingly futile attempts to deny it.
Magnolia: I think impersonations are stupid. I don't wanna be somebody else. I wanna be me.Bianca: Yeah, and look where it got ya: home.
- They also show a quote from Magnolia, and everyone has different reactions to her. Adore just reacts with confusion since she never met Magnolia.
- When an especially mean thing is said on the screen, pretty much everyone points to Bianca. When it turns out to be true, everyone laughs and it's the cutest thing because no one is mad at her for saying it.
- On "Scream Queens," Lena Headey's reaction to the 80's horror video.
- In the music video for "Sissy That Walk," one of RuPaul's roles included the delightfully campy "Charles," an ex-boyfriend from each girl's hometown, determined to take her back home with him. Not only was he dressed in a 70's disco suit with a Jheri curl wig (one of the few times in 20+ years we've seen Ru with boy hair), but when it came time to act opposite Courtney, Ru put on a hilarious Australian accent.
- Even better, the script was supposed to have Charles dumping the Queen and then leaving them in the dressing room. Darienne Lake puts on such a Large Ham performance after Ru leaves her that he goes off-script and comes back for her.
- Another fun moment with Courtney and the accent barrier:
Courtney: One time I was tucked so tight my rat testicle popped out.DeLa: Why did you have a rat testicle???Courtney: My RIGHT testicle!
- The "Female or She-male?" mini-challenge may have been controversial, but it provided some comedy gold:
- Darienne thinks a close-up of cleavage has to be fake "like one of those awful breastplates." It turned out to be Michelle! It's absolutely hysterical if you remember Michelle's rant/flashing from Season 3.
- When Bianca incorrectly guesses that a close-up that turns out to be Detox, she quips, "Here's what I don't get: Detox had all that plastic surgery but she kept that nose?! Did she run out of money?"
- BenDeLaCreme stealing the show during Season 6's puppet mini-challenge with her Bianca Del Rio puppet, complete with false fingernails as teeth.
DeLa: Your dress looks gorgeous today....Dela: Looks like your lace-front is coming off...
- As the queens walk into the workroom, Gia and Laganja immediately start voguing and singing at the top of their lungs, with Laganja wearing something akin to, in Bianca's words, "a macrame pot holder" on her head. Bianca, Adore, and Milk are right behind them rolling their eyes.
- On Tempest and Kandy Ho's lip sync in the season premiere:
Katya: I don't know what Ms. Crab Lady is doing in that lip sync, but the bearded ho is turning it out.Ginger Minj: Kandy's dance moves are fierce, but it looks like she's gonna meet you on the playground after school and beat the shit out of you. (Mimes punching someone to the ground) What's next bitch, the macarena?
- Miss Fame trying to dance around Ru's question of whether she has any acting experience, with Ru completely unfazed:
Miss Fame: Not yet. I mean I’ve had some opportunities that could be considered like an entryway to acting but not to the degree that I’d like to see my future evolve into.RuPaul: What you just described was a CraigsList ad.
- Carson Kressley on Ginger Minj, he may not know what minj is, but he loves it!
I love The Minj. Put a little ginger on that, I could eat it all day!
- Depending on your tolerance for Cringe Comedy, the epic disaster that was "MacBitch" could be hilarious, especially the montage of how everything kept going wrong during taping the skit.
RuPaul: What is happening?Michelle: I'm lost.
- During Trixie's exit on Untucked, she finds notes from Max and Pearl expressing their love for her. Max's note, plus Trixie's response, is quite funny, especially during the new sad style of Untucked.
Trixie: (reading Max's note) "Trixie, I love you and the judges suck and I hate everyone else here, the end. Love, Max. PS: I will win for you." Aww! (beat) She's not gonna win.
- Katya crabwalking into the workroom for no reason. She also got Ginger to hold up her legs and wheelbarrow her into the workroom.
- Fame absolutely nerding out over raising chickens... including her uncanny ability to cluck like one.
- Several of the Snatch Game performances, including:
"Raspberries!""I'm a little embarrassed Ru, I'm a little embarrassed, cause I just wrote "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts.""
- Tatiana's brilliantly wide-eyed portrayal of Britney Spears
- Pandora Boxx as a hilarious out of it Carol Channing from Season 2
"I smized so hard my eyes bled, girl!"
- Raja as Tyra Banks from Season 3
"I don't know, Ike. Halleloo!"
- Stacey Lane as Monique's character from Precious who the judges noted managed to steal the show even when not speaking due to multiple Funny Background Events and facial expressions.
- Alexis Mateo as a pregnant Alicia Keys from Season 3
- Manila Luzon mocking Shangela's Tina Turner impression.
"Oh please, she should've seen what me and Ru were on. It's all behind us now, but we were on uppers, downers, and candy corn!"
- Sharon Needles as Michelle Visage from Season 4
"I don't know why they keep booking me on this chicken shit gigs!"
- Chad Michaels as Cher
RuPaul: Have you ever kissed a girl?Alyssa: Why Ru, never!RuPaul: Oh, really?Blank stare from AlyssaRuPaul: Have you ever [beep]ed a black guy?
- Jinkx Monsoon as Little Edie from Grey Gardens, where she completely steals the show.
- Roxxxy Andrews as Tamar Braxton in Season 5. Made even funnier in the reunion show when the actual Tamar Braxton makes a cameo... and imitates Roxxxy.
- Season 5 sees Ru make hay in the face of Alyssa's less-than-satisfactory Katy Perry:
Trinity (after DeLa gives her answer): Ru can you get some people who speak normal English next time for the show?DeLa: Well excuse me! We originated the language!
- "Well Julie, I just wrote 'anus'"
- In Season 6, BenDeLaCreme slays the challenge as Maggie Smith in her Downton Abbey persona. Not only does she give a perfect impersonation in both look and voice, but she has this priceless exchange with Trinity (as Nicki Minaj):
- Bianca Del Rio also turns in a good performance with a flawless Judge Judy, complete with an Officer Byrd hand puppet... which she hurls at Gia Gunn's Kim Kardashian when she offers up a response of "big black dick."
- Adore Delano's perfect Anna Nicole Smith, everything from her look to the faces she gives to what she says and the inflections of how she says it were so impossibly perfect, even Ru was in awe at how much Adore was channeling Anna Nicole Smith (Ru and Anna were good friends in real life, while she was still alive).
- In Season 7, Kennedy's Little Richard and Ginger's Adele are both so hilarious and flawlessly executed that they tie for winner.
- One of the show's bumpers reads "Available in stunning standard definition! The Queens will thank us."
- Drag U isn't without its funny moments, either. "Is that my ring?"
- Bianca and Alaska's shade-filled commentary on the first episode of Season 7.
- One of the promos for Season 7 was Bianca giving her opinion on the queens...however, it just cuts to a test pattern and then cuts back to a practically speechless Bianca.
Bianca: Wow, I think this is the first time in my life that I'm actually speechless. What the fuck?
- Alyssa's reaction to Violet's impersonation of her.