Funny: Rocky and Bullwinkle
- After escaping a hot-air balloon which took him out to a sea storm, Rocky is flying back to the shore, where he is mistaken for an enemy plane and shot at with flak cannons. In order to prove he isn't an enemy, Rocky flies in a certain pattern to spell out two words. Upon reading them, the general in charge of the air defences orders them to cease fire immediately. The words which rocky spells out: US Taxpayer.
- In another episode, Rocky and Bullwinkle are inside of an airplane falling out of the sky (surprisingly, this isn't the first time this has happened to them.) Instead of jumping out, they decide to find a way to keep the airplane afloat. Rocky comes up with the brilliant idea of using hot air, but where are they going to find the hot air they need? Rocky pulls out a copy of the US Congressional Record and tells Bullwinkle to start reading from it.
- For those of you not in the know, the Congressional Record can be revised to correct "errors" by the politicians themselves. The "fixes" that can be implemented can be as egregious as adding whole new speeches or removing those in which the politician shot himself in the foot.
- The government suffers another shot in the Goof Gas arc, when Boris and Natasha attend a congressional hearing. After the speaker has finished talking gubernatorial nonsense (Specifically, a statement that the government needs to remove the government from the process of running the government):
- Natasha: Boris, what he said! You think he's already had Goof Gas?Boris: Natasha, what he said, that is Goof Gas!
- The reveal that Mr. Big is in fact smaller than Rocky.
- The show's first real meta gag: after the mooseberry bush dies and Bullwinkle makes off with the mooseberries, only for them to (seemingly) explode and take Bullwinkle out with them, Natasha laments: "thirteen episodes worth of effort, wasted!"
- The show has mocked itself several times despite its popularity. Below this paragraph is probably the most famous one from "The Treasure of Monte Zoom": What Rocky & Bullwinkle say after Boris & Natasha decide to use an A-bomb to open the chest.
Rocky: They said "A-bomb." Do you know what that means, Bullwinkle?Bullwinkle: Sure. "A bomb" is what some people call our program.Rocky: I didn't think that was very funny.Bullwinkle: (Aside Glance) Neither did they, apparently.
- If we can put Fractured Fairy Tales here (since there seems to be no page for their funny moments), the entire "Riding Hoods Anonymous" episode is comedy gold. Especially the running joke about the basket full of (BOOM!) ...goodies.
- The episode where Natasha tells Boris to "Sharrup your mouth!"
- This from "Lazy Jay Ranch", when the pair finds out exactly what kind of ranch it is:
- Narrator: Good heavens, both of our heroes have fainted! What did you tell them?Lazy Jay: Just told them what we raise on this ranch.Narrator: Well, what is it?Lazy Jay: I better whisper. (to the camera) Worms.Narrator: WORMS?!?! (faints)Lazy Jay: Well, I'll be doc. He fainted, too.
- Near the end of one segment, the Narrator is too busy laughing at one of his own corny jokes ("Tune in for our next arrowing episode...") to finish the outro, and an un-amused Rocky and Bullwinkle have to do it for him.
- This conversation between Rocky and Bullwinkle in "Goof Gas Attack".
- Rocky: I'm worried, Bullwinkle.Bullwinkle: The ratings of the show down again?Rocky: No.Bullwinkle: That's odd.Rocky: There have been two attempts on your life.Bullwinkle: Don't worry, we'll be renewed.Rocky: I'm not talking about The Bullwinkle Show.Bullwinkle: You'd better, we could use the publicity...
- Also in "Goof Gas Attack": "We'll declare war on EVERYBODY, but we won't tell ANYBODY!"
- "It's... Time for Ding-Dong School!"
- Bullwinkle questioning Karen's inner child.
Karen: But that little girl doesn't exist anymore. They don't want her kind in the FBI. (zooms in on her eye, where a young girl dressed like Karen stands)Young Karen: I DO exist! I DO exist! Let me out!Bullwinkle: There's something in your eye.Karen: No there's not. (rubs her eye, causing Young Karen to fall back)
Rocky: Who's she talking to?Bullwinkle: You got me, Rock.
- Also when Karen is having an argument with said inner child.
- Nearly everything The Narrator says.
Narrator: And then through the miracle of computer-generated digital technology, Minnie reached into the television set and signed the contract. But when she tried to pull the contract out, the expensive animated characters were instantly converted into even more expensive motion picture stars.
- And the Lampshade Hanging of killing cartoon characters.
Fearless Leader: There has never been a way to actually destroy a cartoon character until now.Fearless Leader: Shut up! This is totally different!
- Much like the original series, any of the many lampshades of the franchise's trademark corny jokes.
Bullwinkle: Can you believe we used to get paid for this routine?
- Bullwinkle waiting for a commercial break and not getting one.
Bullwinkle: What is this, PBS?!