Funny: Robin Hood
aka: The Adventures Of Robin Hood
The Crowning Moment of Funny page for the films, books and other media based around the legends of Robin Hood. Robin Hood: Men in Tights has its own page. (Given that it's a Mel Brooks film, this is expected) And so does Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
- "You speak treason!" (gigantic grin) "Fluently!"
- Little John and Friar Tuck, sizeing each other up.
Little John: He's well named Friar Tuck. It would take half the deer in Sherwood Forest to fill that cabin.Friar Tuck: And twice that to fill your empty head!
- All the scenes with Much and Bess that aren't CMOH.
- Little John winning the quarterstaff fight with Robin on the bridge.
Little John: (slams his staff onto Robins poor foot, Robin then starts dancing around on his other foot) And here's your change! (waps Robin on the head with his staff)
- See here.
Robin Hood (Disney)
- Nutzy: OOOOONEE O'CLOCK AND ALLLLLLL IIIIIIISSSS WEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
- Cue the clock chiming three times.
- The banter of Prince John and Sir Hiss.
John: One more hiss out of you, and you can walk to Nottingham.Sir Hiss: (under his breath) Snakes don't walk, they slither.
- Robin talking to the Sheriff before the tournament while Robin's disguised as the stork:
Sheriff: Listen, Scissor Bill, if you can shoot half as good as you blabbermouth, you're better than Robin Hood.Robin: "Robin Hood," he says, wowee! I'm tiptop, alright, but I'm not as good as he is — *Interrupts himself with a bullseye*
- Lady Kluck taking down the guards NFL-style to the tune of the USC fight song and "On Wisconsin".
Little John: Hey, who's driving this flying umbrella?!?
- Right before that: "Seize the fat one!!"
- Heck, the ENTIRE fight/chase scene.
- When Captain Crocodile, after a brief skirmish with Robin, tries to get everyone's attention, the 'flying umbrella' tramples him!
"Attention, everyone...!" (SPLAT!)
- "Don't you worry, sheriff; the safety's on Old Betsy."
Sheriff: Wait a minute. Is the safety on Old Betsy?Trigger: You bet it is, Sheriff.Sheriff: That's what I'm afraid of. You go first.
- Then, when the Sheriff and Trigger go out...
- "Criminently, now I know why your momma called ya Nutsy."
- "I know my name! GET ON WITH IT!"
- "Your traps just never work! And now look what you've done to your mother's castle!"
"Hold still! You cowardly cobra! Procrastinating python! Aggravating asp! You eel in snake's clothing!"
- And the scene after that when Prince John screams and says, "Mommy," before he begins sucking his thumb again and then starts chasing Sir Hiss, trying to hit him with a stick that he was about to hit him with earlier before Hiss mentioned his mother.
- Prince John talking in his sleep:
"Robin Hood?! I... get..."
[groaning] "Robin Hood, I.. I... I want..."
- Made even funnier by Robin's bemused reaction when he starts laughing hysterically in his sleep, due to Sir Hiss' tongue tickling the bottom of his foot...who he then involuntarily kicks. The look Robin gave John for the strange noises he was making in his sleep prior to this can only be matched by Hiss' when he wakes up and sees John's foot nearby, post-kicking.
- After Robin gets the bag of money from under John's pillow, John starts crying like a baby and sucks his thumb. Causing Sir Hiss to wake up with a hilarious look on his. Robin gets the last money bag from between John's arm, which removed John's thumb from his mouth. Still sleeping, he tries to reach for his thumb. Robin takes one look at him, then gets the bag, sending the thumb right back into John's mouth.
- Drunk Sir Hiss
Prince John: Hiss! You're never around when I need you!Sir Hiss: (from inside of the beer barrel) Coming, coming. (laughs) For I'm a jolly good fellow, for I'm a jolly good fellow. (Prince John uncorks the barrel and Sir Hiss comes out) Oh, there you are, old boy! PJ, you won't believe this, but the stork was really Robin Hood!Prince John: Robin Hood? (Sir Hiss nods as Prince John begins to laugh, until he screams and strangles Sir Hiss, before tying him in knots on a pole) Get out of that if you can.
- The way Little John introduces himself as 'Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney' to Prince John. He's basically being as big a ham as the prince can be, and milking it for all it's worth.
Prince John: "PJ?" I like that! Hiss, put it on my luggage! [chuckles] PJ...
- Then when Little John calls Prince John "PJ" the latter's response?
- Four words: "GET OUTTA MY CHURCH!"
- The whole bit with Skippy and his friends sneaking into the castle to get his lost arrow, spying on Lady Kluck ("As your lady-in-waiting—I'm waiting!") and Maid Marian (very amused by Lady Kluck's attempts to get the shuttlecock out of her bodice), and culminating in Skippy's pretend duel with Kluck as Prince John. Her over-the-top villainy, melodramatic "death scene", and spot-on impression of the Momma's Boy is absolutely hilarious. Honorable mention goes to "dead" Kluck whispering to Skippy to take his lady fair to Sherwood Forest, followed by Skippy dragging Marian into the bushes calling her "lady fair" ("Oh Robin, you're so impetuous!") and, when he won't give a kiss to her, Marian kissing him (on the cheek of course).
- "Sheriff, release my buddy—I mean, release the prisoner!"
- "Sheriff, I make the rules, and since I'm head man... (to Little John, who is threatening him with a dagger) ...not so hard, you mean thing... (Little John thrusts the dagger in deeper) ...LET HIM GO, FOR HEAVEN SAKES! LET! HIM! GO!"
- At the very beginning of the climax, Prince John wakes up to Hiss holding onto Robin's rope and carrying him and his bed through his room and going off the side of his balcony window. That must have been one rude awakening.
Prince John: Rhinos, halt! STOP! DESIST! (rhinos crash into the gate and through the back wall with P.J. in tow)
- Then when he sees the villagers getting away with his gold, he calls upon the rhino guards to head toward the jail, only to realize he's right at the jail.
Robin Hood (2010)While this film's Robin Hood isn't exactly the jolly bandit of yore, the film is not totally without humour:
- Robin introduces Marion to the Merry Men:
Robin: This is my wife, Lady Marion Loxley.Will Scarlet: Well played, Robin! A little rash, but...well played!
- Robin has just commandeered a caravan, tied up the guards in one big bunch and sent them walking on their way:
Mook: How far to York?Mook 2: Eighteen miles.
- Made even funnier by the riddle Robin had told the guards he would let them pass if they answered:
Robin: What has eighteen legs and isn't going anywhere?
- At the final battle:
King John: This is my first time! I shall lead! ... That's a lot of French.
- All of Little John's dialogue during the dance.
John: I'M GONNA MAKE YOU SMILE!
- Marion has just told Robin about her first week of marriage with her husband.
Robin: A good knight.Marion: Yes, it was short but sweet.Robin: No, I meant he was a good knight...
- Marion asking Robin to come to bed "nicely"(paraphrased):
(Woodenly) Would you come to bed, dearest husband?
Robin Hood (BBC)
- "The Sherwood Avenger!"
- "I shot the sheriff!"
Sheriff: "Noooo, you shot the deputy."
- Robin ambushes the Sheriff in his own carriage to try and intimidate him, only to find the Sheriff has gotten a bit bored with the routine. "Oh, not now, Locksley." When he suggests he means business this time, the Sheriff just kicks him out.
- When the Sheriff is about to have Roy's mother executed, Roy screams: "You'll go to hell for this!" The Sheriff looks bemused as he says: "What? Just for this?"
- After Guy is held captive by the outlaws, Marian tells the Sheriff that they're willing to give him up in exchange for Djaq. When he seems reluctant, she reminds him that Guy is his friend, leading to this:
Sheriff: "We are talking about the same Guy? I mean, I've barely noticed he was missing."
- When Kate gets hit in the stomach with a dagger, collapses to the ground, and nobody notices her lying there for a good ten minutes. What. That wasn't meant to be funny?
- "...Oh, they're just bells."
- From Jessica Puller's Robin Hood: The Pantomime:
Little John: Why did I have to dance the man's part? I'm much prettier than you!Alan A Dale: That's a conversation we'll have to have later...
Alan: *singing* I am suddenly compelled... to tango! *strikes a pose with John while various looks of horror flash across both their faces.*
- You know what? The whole unwilling dancing bit, just in general.