- Talon's line after it's confirmed that Linguini is Gusteau's illegitimate heir.
Talon: I had to send it back to confirm it.
Skinner: Why? What was wrong with it?
Talon: The initial samples that came back had faint traces of rodent hair.
(Skinner has an honestly flummoxed look on his face)
- How did "Sweetbread a la Gusteau" turn out so badly that it involved anchovy licorice sauce?
- Skinner smirking*: '' "Welcome to Hell."
- "I killed a man... with this thumb."
- Gets a hilarious callback when Skinner is trying to sneak back into the kitchen. He gets caught by that chef, who doesn't say anything, but silently and menacingly holds up his thumb before we cut to Skinner getting tossed out as we hear the chef yelling incoherently.
- Remy's reaction upon smelling Linguini's cooking. Even funnier because of the fact that rats don't have a gag reflex.
- Linguini is caught talking to Remy in the pantry by Skinner. The look on his face before he turns the light out is hilarious.
- Linguini spazzing out in the freezer.
(Linguini rip his shirt open, exposing his chest and arms, which are covered in angry red BITE MARKS.)
Linguni: AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!! (looks at Remy accusingly) AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!! (gestures at bite marks) AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!
- Made even better when you look very, very closely at Remy. His eyes get bigger and he draws further back with each outburst Linguini has. It's a tiny detail that you really have to give the animators credit for.
- "One can get too familiar with vegetables, you know!"
- The poor health inspector.
- "I'll make this easy to remember — keep your station clear, or I WILL KILL YOU!"
- The entire scene when Linguini is confirmed to be Gusteau's son and Skinner has a nervous breakdown, ranting about seeing rats everywhere. Talon thinks his client has gone insane:
Skinner: (After learning Linguini is Gusteau's son) No...no...no no NO NOOO!! NOOOO!!!! (
Talon: The DNA matches, the timing works, everything checks out. He is Gusteauís son.
T-t-this can't just— happen! The whole thing is a set-up! The boy KNOWS! (Skinner goes to his window and parts the blinds to the kitchen)
Look at him out there — pretending
to be an idiot
! Heís toying with my mind, like a cat with a ball! Of... something!
Skinner: Yes! Playing dumb! Taunting me with that rat!
Skinner: Yes! Heís consorting with it! Deliberately trying to make me think itís important!
Talon: (delicately) Is the rat... important?
Skinner: Of course not! He just wants me to think that it is! Oh, I see the theatricality of it; a rat appears on the boyís first night, I order him to kill it and now he wants me to see it everywhere! (high voice) OOOH!! (snaps fingers wildly) Itís here, no it isnít, itís HERE! Am I seeing things, am I crazy, is there a phantom rat or is there not!? But ohhh no! I refuse to be sucked into his little game... of... (Suddenly aware Talon is starting at him)
Talon: [a little freaked out] ... Should I be concerned about this? About... you?
- Made even better when Linguini cheerfully waves at him while Skinner says he's pretending to be an idiot!
- During the scene where Linguini tries to tell Collete about Remy, pay close attention to her eyes when he says "I have a tiny..little..."
- Which becomes funnier when he gets interviewed after becoming successful and Colette states, "He calls it 'his little chef'".
- "So... let's think this through. You know how to cook. And I know how to... appear human."
- Remy passes by two lovers arguing, one threatening to shoot the other. The gun goes off... and they immediately start making out.
- On Linguini's television: a man and a woman arguing, throwing themselves at each other in the heat of fury... and they immediately start making out.
- All of which sets it up so nicely for the moment when Remy decides a "Shut Up" Kiss is the only way to keep Linguini from blabbing everything to Colette...
- "I am not your puppet! And you are not my puppet... controlling... guy!"
- La Rousse's background. According to Collette:
La Rousse ran guns for the resistance
Which resistance? Colette:
He won't say — apparently, they didn't win.
- Dear. Lord. Where to start with Your Friend The Rat?
- The section on the plague. To say anything more would utterly spoil it.
- You could pick any moment from the drunk Linguini segment and it'd be funny, but the part when he starts rambling about ratatouille is the crowner.
Skinner: "Have you ever had a pet rat?"
Linguini: *visibly drunk* "Nope."
Skinner: "Did you work in a lab with rats?"
Skinner: "Perhaps you lived in squalor at some point!"
Skinner: "YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT RATS!! YOU KNOW YOU DO!!!"
Linguini: "You know who know do. Whacka do. Ratta tatta- hey! Why do they call it that?"
"Ratatouille. It's like a stew, right? *getting up in Skinner's face as he asks*
Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds...delicious!
"Ratatouille" does't sound delicious; it sounds like "rat" and "patootie." "Rat-patootie!", which does not
sound delicious." *notices his glass is empty and holds it out for Skinner to refill for the umpteenth time*
Skinner: *out of patience*
"Regrettably..." *drops the wine bottle in the trash*
"We are all. Out. Of wine."
Linguini: *looks at his wine glass with the most dejected expression.
- La Rousse with his the pastry blowtorch. It's when Remy gets caught by Linguini, and La Rousse is psyched to kill him with fire, only for Skinner to shoot the suggestion down. Watch his face right after Skinner says "Are you mad?!?"
- He finally gets to torch something after Linguini inherits the restaurant and Skinner is thrown out — boxes of the cheap microwaveable food Skinner was hocking in Gusteau's name. His delight is obvious.
- This line from Skinner:
"DAH! (rips off Linguini's toque only to find nothing in there and then covers up for it) Got your toque!"
- When Remy and Linguini are practicing how to cook together, Remy accidentally throws a frying pan out of the window, causing a car crash. Linguini tentatively lifts up his blindfold, only for Remy to push it back down for his own sake.
- Remy's Epic Fail in the same scene of trying to get Linguini to lift the wine glass for him (Remy). He causes Linguini to drench them both by pouring it over his own head.
- When Skinner busts in on Remy and the clan in the kitchen:
: "WHO COOKS THE RATATOUILLE
!? I DEMAND TO KNOW!"
All the rats stop and stare at Skinner.
Cut to Skinner, all trussed up, chucked into the pantry alongside the health inspector.
- Anton Ego stopping his own Spit Take, checking the wine he's drinking, then deciding it's better he swallow it... Zooming in on the wine bottle reveals that he's right.
- Anton Ego is known as "The Grim Eater"; all the more fitting as his office from overhead is shaped like a casket.
- Anton Ego reads an excerpt from his original review of Gusteau's
Anton: Guesteau has finally found his rightful place in history alongside another equally famous chef; monsieur Boyardee...
- Remy controlling Linguini while the latter is unconscious can look pretty funny if viewed from an outside perspective of Linguini.
- There's something enjoyably ridiculous about the chase scene, when Skinner is chasing Remy throughout Paris.
- "BUT HE'S RUINING THE SOUP!"
- The serious look on Linguini's face when he tells the kitchen staff that "Appetite is coming, and he's going to have a big ego".
- Some of Remy's facial expressions are hysterical.
Linguini: I can't cook, right?
Linguini: But you can, right?
Remy: (Shrugs as if to say, "Eh, kind of")
- "Look, don't be modest, you're a rat for pete's sake."
- The face he makes when he says "What we're eating is, let's face it, GARBAGE!" is funny too.
- This little gem as Linguini is ushered out of the press conference:
Colette: I hate to be rude, buuut ... we're French.
- Linguini accidentally knocking Remy in a jar into a river.
- Linguini just barely avoids declaring love to Colette...
: I would've followed the recipe, I would've followed your advice, I would've followed your advice to the ends of the Earth because I love you... r advice