- "WABBIT SEASON." "DUCK SEASON." "WABBIT SEASON!" "DUCK SEASON!" "WABBIT SEASON!!" "DUCK SEASON!!' "WABBIT SEASON!" "WABBIT SEASON!" "I say it's DUCK SEASON, and I say FIRE!"
- If you watch closely during the first gag, Bugs knowingly quirks his eyebrows to the audience just before saying "Wabbit Season."
- The third Rabbit Season Duck Season gag is particularly funny: Bugs just says "rabbit" while moving the gun in a circle so it still points to him, and Daffy grabs it away and immediately screams "DUCK! Fire!".
- Daffy attempts to disguise himself as Bugs to trick Elmer, only for Bugs to come appear dressed as Daffy. Bonus points for Mel Blanc managing to have two of his characters imitate each other while still actually sounding like each other.
Daffy-as-Bugs: Ehh, what's up, doc? Having any luck with those ducks? It's duck season, you know.Bugs-as-Daffy: Justh a dark minute! Where does he get that "duck thseason" thtuff?Daffy-as-Bugs: Says so right over there on that sign, you-re-so-smart!(the sign reads "RABBIT SEASON OPEN")Daffy-as-Bugs: You know what to do with that gun, doc! (Elmer shoots him)
- Not to mention one of the most random scenes of that short; Bugs scolding Elmer for hunting them with an elephant gun.
Elmer: Ewephant gun?Bugs: That's right, Doc. So why don't you go shoot yourself an elephant? (sinks down back to his hole)Elephant: (standing behind Elmer) You do and I'll give ya SUCH a PINCH! (hammers Elmer to the ground neck high before storming off)
- Elmer argues that he hunts because he's "a sportsman":
Bugs: (indignant) Oh yeah?! Well there's other sports out there besides hunting, you know!
Daffy: (wearing a tennis player uniform) Anyone for tennis?
[Elmer shoots him; Bugs stands besides him like giving Daffy a disapproving look]
Daffy: Nice game.
- "ELMER SEASON!"
Elmer: Uh oh.