* Caroline, Marion's peppy co-worker, provides some. She suggests Marion take -- not headache pills -- but tranquilisers. Which she apparently took for her own wedding.
** After Mr. Cassidy goes into Mr. Lowery's office, Caroline remarks that he was flirting with Marion. "He must have noticed my wedding ring."
** When Cassidy casually shows Marion the envelope full of cash:
--->'''Caroline:''' I declare!
--->'''Cassidy:''' I don't. That's how I get to keep it.
* Norman nervously glancing around when Marion's still-exposed car briefly stops sinking in the swamp behind the motel.
* When Arbogast mentions that he's visited a lot of hotels over the past couple days, Norman asks if he's looking to buy one, prompting Arbogast to answer with a flat but emphatic, ''"NO."'' Even Norman chuckles at this.
* When Lila shows up at Sam's store:
--> '''Sam:''' (''to his cashier'') Bob, run out and get yourself some lunch.
--> '''Bob:''' (''ComicallyMissingThePoint'') Oh, that's okay, Sam. I brought it with me.
--> '''Sam:''' (''testily'') Run out and eat it!
* When Norman [[spoiler: kills Emma Spool]] in ''Psycho II'', he [[NotSoInnocentWhistle whistles nonchalantly]] while closing the windows.