- Caroline, Marion's peppy co-worker, provides some. She suggests Marion take — not headache pills — but tranquilisers. Which she apparently took for her own wedding.
- After Mr. Cassidy goes into Mr. Lowery's office, Caroline remarks that he was flirting with Marion. "He must have noticed my wedding ring."
- When Cassidy casually shows Marion the envelope full of cash:
Caroline: I declare!Cassidy: I don't. That's how I get to keep it.
- Norman nervously glancing around when Marion's still-exposed car briefly stops sinking in the swamp behind the motel.
- When Arbogast mentions that he's visited a lot of hotels over the past couple days, Norman asks if he's looking to buy one, prompting Arbogast to answer with a flat but emphatic, "NO." Even Norman chuckles at this.
- When Lila shows up at Sam's store:
Sam: (to his cashier) Bob, run out and get yourself some lunch.Bob: (Comically Missing the Point) Oh, that's okay, Sam. I brought it with me.Sam: (testily) Run out and eat it!
- When Norman kills Emma Spool in Psycho II, he whistles nonchalantly while closing the windows.