Funny / Police Quest
Even though these games can touch on some serious matters, and despite how it gets more and more dark as it progresses, there are some genuinely funny moments to be found in this series.
Police Quest I:
Police Quest II:
- The premise of the game gives off a feeling to that of a buddy cop film. Then you have to consider that it's Police Quest.
- Want to upset Sonny's boss, Captain Hall? Try driving around to anywhere and NOT check in at the Police Department. He will have quite a word with Bonds.
- After dispatching the terrorists in the plane, Sonny can find a note on them called "How to make a bomb." Yes, for terrorists who were able to smuggle their guns in the plane somehow, they're not very smart at making a hard to disable bomb.
- Captain Hall is always seen with an ice cream cone in his hand. A look at his personnel file reveals that he's failed his medical as a result of excessive ice cream consumption.
Police Quest III:
- The drunk driver. It's funnier than the first considering you'll have to administer a couple of tests on him.
- The horny man. He understands what he's done (speeding), and he doesn't care. There's a woman who needs something something from him, and he politely asked Sonny for a ticket quickly so he doesn't delay.
- The maniac who is in his underwear and out of his mind. The way he talks and moves may earn chuckles.
Police Quest IV Open Season:
- Despite the overly long act of loosening each bullet from the hole, and having to hear the same sentence repeat over and over again, it actually does become amusing when you play around with the skip feature. The game will also mercifully skip saying anything when you bag each slug, simply follow each one procured with a DING.
"You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "You've loosen the slu-" DING! "You've loosen the slu-" DING! "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING! "Detective, be more specific." "You've loosen the slug from the wall." DING!
- Also, when you turn in all the bullets to evidence, you have the option to have it put on a shelf for later, to refrigerate it, or to freeze it. What good would the later options do other than amuse you?
- For a good laugh do the following:
- Give the chocolate bar to Hal
- Give Kim Chee the femur bone
- Give Lieutenant Block the Valium
- Click the Chalk on Nobles at the first screen
- Click the Valium on the food in the Lucky Mini Mart
- Click your detective kit on the Short Stop Bartender and Nobles at the coroner's office
- Click the spare change on Hal and Block
- Click your badge on Linder and Chester at Parker Center
- Click the eye icon on Emo Jones
- Click the talk icon on the pig trophy in the detectives office
- Give all your inventory to property.
- Try giving the apple and chocolate bar to Emo and Herbie.
- Click the hand icon on Emo and Herbie before and after you show them your badge
- Click the talk icon on the Lucky Mini Mart television and canned goods
- Click the notebook on your car in the first screen
- and many many more.
- The doctor's secretary is a Dumb Blonde, and even sounds like one. The narrator will even lampshade this if you try to pull a gun on her.
Narrator: "Stupidity is not a crime."
- Dennis Walker will use the Cluster Fbomb many times if you touch his stuff or if you show him items like a chocolate bar from your inventory.
Police Quest SWAT:
- The element leader will lecture you for attempting to skip the beginning briefing.
- The mission of the Man Child that hid women in his under ground dungeon. His own mother is apparently confident enough to stand up against a squad of five fully armed and armored men single handed-ally, telling them to leave. She's quick to break her spirits if you shoot/spray her with your tazer/pepper-spray.