Funny: Pokémon The 'Bridged Series
For a show with only 20 episodes thus far, it's got quite a plentiful number of moments. In fact, the series itself might qualify.
open/close all folders
- Episode 2: This random bit of trivia from Professor Oak:
Professor Oak: Pokemon don't die, they faint.Ash: What about pikachus?Oak: Oh, they die!
- Episode 3: The whole telepathic conversation between Gary, Misty, Pikachu, Ash, James, Jessie, Nowacking and Jerry.
- Episode 7:
- The infamous "purple" gag
- Misty finally snapping.
Misty: Battle! Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle, Battle!Sisty: Battle?Misty: You stay out of this!
- Ash finally using Pidgeotto... only for it not to let him finish a sentence.
- Episode 8:
- Brock: I MADE AN OOPSIIIIIEEEE!
- Episode 10:
- Brock cutting Ash and Misty down from the tree... only for Misty's subsequent complaining to cause him to... ''uncut'' them down from the tree.
- The battle between Pikachu and Bulbasaur:
Ash: Okay, so if Bulbasaur can finally kill Pikachu, I wonder what color I can pick for the next one. Blue Pikachus are nice!Pikachu: *You* are an asshole.Ash: Maybe if I hold off on a few months, I can get next year's model!Pikachu: Are you ignoring me or are you just stupid?Ash: I want a sunroof!Pikachu: That's what I thought.Ash: And the sunroof can eat tomatoes for lunch!Pikachu: There's just one problem.Ash: And what's that?Scene cuts to a defeated Bulbasaur.Pikachu: The battle's over!Ash: Oh crap!Pikachu: You really weren't ignoring me, were you?
- All five of the episode stingers.
- The end line of "Bulba Butt Butter."
- Episode 11:
Ash: Jesus don't know shit!Pikachu: Woah, woah, woah! I '''agree''' with you?!?!Pikachu: I *hate* you too!
- The first 40 seconds consists of the characters staring open-mouthed and gormless while going "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh". It's funnier than it sounds.
- Possibly the closest that Ash and Pikachu have had to a bonding moment:
Nurse Joy: I think I know what can solve your problems. Wait no I don't. Oh! Oh, I do. This is my special thunderstone I have been developing it my entire life.James: (outside) That bitch stole our thunderstone!Nurse Joy: It's a rock. Oh, anditwillforcePikachutoevolveintoRaichu.Brock: I don't know about you guys, but I thought that Raichu was so funny.Misty: I have to pee.Ash: But he's not funny!Nurse Joy: You gonna take the rock?Brock: Oh, no no no no, he's soooo funny that if he ever went away, I would want him to come back again, and again, and again.Nurse Joy: I have this ROCK for you!Ash: But that's why he's not funny.Misty: I have to pee.Brock: So much funny.Nurse Joy: *As thunderstone* I want you to take me because I am a ROCK!Misty: *with wings and a halo* I have to pee!Brock: *With devil horns* Take the rock!Misty: I have to pee!Brock: And shove it!Ash: *To himself* Who should I listen to, Brock or Misty or Team Rocket?James: *muffled* Give us back the rock!Jesse: *muffled* give us your Pikachuuuu!At the same time:Brock: *deep voice* UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!Nurse: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!Pikachu: GET OUT OF MY F*CKING ROOM!
- The entire scene where Nurse Joy offers Ash a Thunder Stone, from when she offers it to Ash to when Pikachu orders everybody to get the fuck out of his room.
Ash: We got kicked out because we were bad.Brock: Very naughty.Nurse Joy: I HATE MY JOB! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
- Right afterwards in the hallway:
- Episode 11:
Ash: Okay, so apparently you're a girl... can you make me be a girl?Jesse: I'm sorry, what?Ash: I want to be a feminiminimine.Jesse: Can't you ask one of your friends? My time is extremely valuable.Ash: Well... first there's Misty,Misty: I think I'm gonna buy this.Ash: then there's Pikachu,Pikachu: How much of this stuff is flammable?Ash: and then there's Brock.Brock: Where are the pheromones?!Jesse: That's a fair point, but what do I get out of this?Meowth: You should give us your Pikachu.Ash: You drive a soft bargain. And a minivan.
- Ash asked Team Rocket (mostly Jesse) for help:
- Episode 15:
- CHILD SUPPOOOORT!!
- Episode 16: The whole sequence of arriving at Sunshine Valley Happy Place Town City Valley, including The Narrator Railroading them into liking it.
- Episode 18:
Koga: She say, "I want mommy nipple." I say, "NO!" Instead, I give her father nipple.
- Koga explaining that Aya was raised in a very strict household. Then he continues with:
- Koga giving Ash the Soul Badge just to confuse Misty.
- Episode 19:
- Mikey's brothers and their obsession with the letter 'M'. Well, except for Frank.
- Eevee and Vulpix (referring to Misty and Brock, respectively):
Frank: Vaporeon, just go away or something!
- Team Rocket FINALLY getting to finish their motto... with Mikey's brothers talking over the last few lines so loudly we don't get to hear it.
- Followed by Mark freaking out over Team Rocket standing on the table and James eating his award-winning main course.
- Frank's battle strategy when facing Team Rocket:
- Episode 20:
- "HUMAN SCUM! HUMAN SCUM! HUMAN SCUM!"
- The Special Episode has its funny moments, such as:
Tracy: Did somebody say [word that is different that Misty said]?Misty: No!
- Ash telling Tracy that "Misty is dumb." And then, Tracy says, "Hey Misty. Ash says you're dumb." And then Misty steps on Tracy's foot.
- And in Part 1, whatever Misty says, Tracy says something different. In other words:
Ash: Hey Misty, make us dinner! I'm hungry!
- In Part 2, Ash sees a fish and asks Misty if the gang is going to have dinner. Then, when Rudy Esquire V dances with Misty...
Misty: Did someone say free food?Tracy: Did someone say "in the nude?"Ash: I don't think they did.
- The reference to Part 1:
Announcer: Starmie has been killed! Ash is the winner!
- Rudy Esquire V also tells at Mari to sit in complete silence and at times yells at Mari to remind her.
- Also, when Ash cheats and defeats Rudy Esquire V's Starmie, this happens.
Misty: I don't want extra cream! I don't want cream! I don't want this!
- And after that, when Rudy Esquire V offers his Gym Badge, Ash gets excited, and when Misty says, "Don't touch it," Ash is disappointed.
- In Part 3, Brock gives Ash and Misty their drinks:
Ash: You DIED?! OH NO! BROCK IS DEAD!Brock: All better now though, don't worry.
- Also, Brock explains that he did not jump off the blimp: he died. Ash reacts with this:
Brock: After I fell out of the blimp, my entire body shattered. I went to Hell-.Misty: Of course.Brock: And long story short, I bred Satan. And apparently he doesn't like sharing the power with another Satan, so they're probably fighting to the death right now to see who gets to rule the Underworld. They kicked me out in case I was going to breed another one. I was.Misty: You bred Satan?!Brock: I told you; I can breed anything.Misty: I'm really not sure if I prefer you or Tracy.
- Brock explaining how he came back.
- Pikachu telling Ash to go to sleep after Ash's every sentence.
- The Shticky commercial. This troper STILL cannot watch it without laughing.
- The Episode 7 Redub, with every character's voice switched with another's.