Funny: Pixar Shorts
- The whole thing. Pixar does Tex Avery - by way of Portal.
- Kari meets Syndrome:
Kari: (with manic grin) "HIII! I'm Kari! I'm the BABY-SITTER!".Syndrome: (staring at her, decidedly unnerved) "...Well, hello."
- Syndrome explaining that the 'S' on his costume stands for "Sitter."
Syndrome: "Originally, I was gonna have initials for "Baby-Sitter," but then I would've been going around wearing a big BS, and..." (laughs) "...you understand why I couldn't go with that."
- His facial expressions when he says "BS" make it even more hysterical.
- When we cut back to Agent Rick Dicker:
Kari: (snaps) "The baby was EXPLODING!! YOU EVER SAT AN EXPLODING BABY BEFORE, MR. DICKER?!"
- Kari just... sitting there, having become, if not particularly accustomed to Jack-Jack, at least capable of dealing with whatever power manifests at a moment's notice, e.g. extinguishing him when he turns his flame on, or lazily deflecting his lasers with a hand-mirror.
- All of it, as Dug repeatedly acts as The Millstone for the rest of the pack. "Alpha, the rock moved!"
Alpha: Now, your mission is to sit on that rock.Dug: Okay! (jumps to the other rock causing the rock Alpha, Beta, and Gamma are on to tilt. The three dogs begin running around trying to even the balance, but the rock falls and the dogs fall, screaming)Dug: (jumping from rock to rock) Find the bird, find the bird! (Alpha, Beta, and Gamma follow, screaming as the rocks fall and Alpha goes down with one)Alpha: Ow! I am hurting!Dug: (calling down) Are you okay, Alpha?Alpha: (calling up) We will be getting you, DUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGG!!!!!!
- Notable examples:
Dug: I will stay in the hole. I will stay in the hole. I will... stay in the... [The hole is full of sand and he quickly starts to sink down the tunnel]Dug: Now I'm going down the hole. It is dark in the hole.[Alpha, Beta, and Gamma are hunting Kevin, only a few yards away]Alpha: This is our day, my lieutenants. Master will have much rewa-[his ears perk up, Kevin runs away, and Dug falls on top of them in a heap of sand]Dug: [sitting on top of the three, who are half-buried in sand] Hey! My pack is in the hole, too!
- Earlier, they make Dug sit in "the bird's favorite hole":
- The two eponymous characters being in Jaw Drop mode for more than a full day!
- The many ways the houses scram (Cats (driven by a Crazy Cat Lady, no less), slingshot, hovercraft, drill, oxygen rocket)
- Carl's Dynamic Entry in his fucking-huge zeppelin !!
- The commentary for it on the Pixar Shorts DVD has the director, after a minute of having no idea how to do the commentary, bringing in Corey Burton, using his Disney announcer voice, to do the commentating for him. Hilarity Ensues.
- The news crawler, featuring such news as that "South America [is] just like America, but south".
- Really, the whole thing. It's barely two minutes long, but owing to it's a landmark achievement in CGI character animation, the two characters, neither of whom speak or even have faces, are able to communicate exactly what they're thinking with masterful timing and gestures.
- The end. After the smaller desk lamp accidentally deflates the ball he was jumping on, he runs off-screen, with the bigger lamp looking after him...only to recoil in surprise when the smaller lamp comes back with an even bigger ball. The other lamp looks at the camera and shakes its head like it's saying, "He'll never learn."
- The poor alien. Just his facial expressions.
- I'm sure everyone in the theater was in hysterics when the alien ship crashed onto the house unexpectedly. Subverted heartwarming ending, anyone?
- A small one, but the little alien pushing his teacher out of the way, leaving a large handprint which starts slowly sucking back into shape like gelatin. If memory serves, Pixar built a new software simulation engine just for that gag.
- Then there's the moment when the alien just completely gives up in frustration and starts hitting all the switches.
- And the result of this action.
- The tiny birds. Seriously, they all sound like squeaky toys.
- When all the littler birds are mocking the big, goofy one when they first see him.
- Then comes the appropriately karmic comeuppance. Nekkid birdies!
- Just hearing all those silly sound effects made me laugh.
- At the end of Day & Night, when Night has dawned upon Day, and he/she/it immediately realizes... hot sunbathing girl!
- When the little boy is holding his papa and grandpa's brooms, and the broomheads both resemble their facial hair.
- in the ending scene before the credits, the Sheriff warns Mater, who was already scared out of his wits over the non-existent Ghostlight, about the Screaming Banshee. After the credits are done rolling, we're treated to a scene of a monstrous truck (who is most likely the Screaming Banshee himself) looming over Mater. His reaction upon turning around? Warn the truck about a "Banshee" and wish him goodnight before leaving.
"It's like we've unleashed the panther."
- The part where the car goes berserk and a guy walking down the street sees it and starts running in the other direction.
- "Hey! Don't just sit there! Push the button!"
Sulley: (cell phone rings and he answers it) Hello?Mike: PUSH THE BUTTON!!!!!
- After Sulley breaks off the mirror.
- Combined with Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The DVD Commentary for Mike's New Car. Hearing the kids' interpretation of what exactly their parents do for a living is both funny and adorable.
- The return of Spanish Buzz, and his lightstick fire dancing.
- "We removed the poop from the kitty litter."
- Chuckles the Clown leading the luau, reading his lines completely deadpan.
- What about the part with Ken and Barbie pretending that they were deep-sea diving? The part with Ham even switching the tv that they were swimming in front of from a tranquil underwater scene with fish to a shark submerging out of the water, making Ken and Barbie freak out made me die laughing.
- There's also the part with Mr. Pricklepants having the three Pizza Planet aliens audition for his latest production. Initially, he thought that the first two aliens' performances were mediocre or dreadful, but he liked the third one's great emotion. The cincher? All three aliens were uttering their trademark "Ooh" in the exact same tone.
- And let's not forget at the end of the short where Ken and Barbie stepped outside in the snow in their winter clothes to share their first kiss before walking off the front step of the porch and into the deep spot of the snow. The scene after the credits even showed Woody and the others using a blow dryer to defrost Ken and Barbie from the ice block that they were frozen solid in.
- Horseback riding.
Woody: Ride like the wind, Bullseye!"Ken: Ride like the wind, Buttercup!Buttercup: Okay, get off me.
- The Bonnielikeoke motel.
Ken: I thought we were staying at a resort?(Jessie puts up sitcky note with the word "resort" on it over the word "motel")Potato Head: Welcome to the Bonnielikeoke resort!
- In "Tokyo Mater": "I'M STOCK!!!"
- The Incredibly Lame Pun in "Unidentified Flying Mater" after Mater asks if he should take the UFO to his leader.
Mater: (gesturing toward several liters of oil) Well, here's all my liters!UFO: Yum!
- In "Air Mater", Mater's attempt to land after his initial flight:
Mater: (landing properly) Got it! (rolls upside-down) Lost it! (rolls right-side-up) Got it! (rolls over and over until he stops, upside-down) Lost it.
- Whenever McQueen tries to interject that Mater's stories didn't happen, he turns it around and says "You were there too!" And lo and behold, Lightning McQueen is suddenly a part of Mater's crazy tale!
- And at the very end of each short, when McQueen continues to try to interject against Mater, something happens right then associated with Mater's tale in question to ensure that what happened was Real After All.
- The intro to the Black Plague part. "It doesn't go from rats and darkness to rats and death skulls!"
- Just the intro? Try that entire section.
- The song. All of it.
- The exaggerated depiction of the war against rats, with clips of Victory Through Air Power thrown it!
Remy: We rats see ourselves as equal to man, but you humans don't seem to see it that way. SO IT'S BEEN WAR! A WAR WITHOUT END!
- The very end, which involves a cautionary message allegedly from the clip's producers that scrolls by to remind the audience that rats are vicious, unsanitary, pestilent vermin, and anyone who interacts with them do so at their own risk, all against Remy and Emile's vigorous protesting in the background. At one point, they physically try to block the message from scrolling, but to no avail.
- The entire performance of Jane Lynch as a support group moderator, and pretty much every toy in the group.
"My name is Recycle Ben, and I got recycled!"
- Recycle Ben in particular cracks this troper up, for whatever reason.
- Lizard Wizard's squeak of delight when Buzz picks him up is too hilarious for words. Same goes for his jittery excited anticipation when Buzz is supposed to rejoin the group. Also Buzz's deadpan expression while grudgingly pretending to play with Lizard Wizard is priceless.
- "Kids don't like PizzaBot. PizzaBot sad."
- After getting kicked in the rump by Mini-Buzz, Hamm asks someone to tackle him. Woody barrels Mini-Buzz seconds later at the end of his song. "Thank you."
- EVERYTHING. God, that poor, poor stork....
- The reveal of the stork's head being completely covered in porcupine quills. But what really sells it is the nervous little laugh that accompanies it.
- This exchange in the commentary:
Frozone: DID YOU OKAY THE RABBIT?!Mr. Incredible: I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RABBIT! I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THE RABBIT!Frozone: WELL, SOMEBODY OKAYED THE RABBIT!
- And earlier:
- This exchange:
Mr. Incredible: I was told it was a new process... a breakthrough!Frozone: Ooh, a new process! And what would that new process be, Mr. I?! Cheap-O-Rama?!
- The short itself is funny in a So Bad, It's Good kind of way.
- Seeing the fuzzy toilet seat cover resembles Sully's fur. This YouTube comment says it best...
"R.I.P. Sully, 2001-2012. May he forever warm our butts."
- "Aw man, the floaters have all the fun!" "WHAT UP FISHES?!"
- Desperate to end the bathtub party quickly before it overflows, Rex pulls on a stopper and turns off the water. Then it's revealed he accidentally turned on the shower.
- A little police toy car drives by, seemingly to control the situation. Then the police car dives into the water for the fun.
- Just everything! It's all one big Mind Screw: Is there actually two of the same man? Does he have a split personality?
- The way that Geri with glasses beams at Geri without glasses after winning the chess game.
- What makes this even more Hilarious in Hindsight is that this may very well be the same old man who repairs Woody in Toy Story 2, and who even keeps his chess pieces in one of the drawers of his tool chest!