Funny: Paranoia Agent
- Kawazu impersonating not only the voices of Tsukiko's jealous coworkers, but their makeup.
- In episode 2 Ikari, fed up Tsukiko's vague answers, starts questioning Maromi. And then:
Tsukiko: Is he brain-damaged?Ikari: (going beet red) Wha—!?Tsukiko: I mean Mr. Kawazu.Ikari: ...(in the stiffest tone imaginable) he's in...stable condition, thank you.Maniwa: (choking back laughter)
- All of episode 5 ("The Holy Warrior"), especially because its wacky hijinks are completely out of tone with the preceding (and successive) episodes.
- "Happy Family Planning", which manages to make suicide funny.
- If this episode were the basis of the whole anime, it would be the single funniest anime ever.
- The little girl's face when the old man suggest various ways they can die.
- The best part: when they're at the lowest, the suicide group wonders if Lil' Slugger might be able to kill them. Their despair summons him... and then when they cheer up, he freezes up and runs for it (the lack of anxiety, possibly combined with their being dead already, throws him off). So they chase down Lil' Slugger.
- When they're about to jump in front of a train. The guy who jumps before they do actually gets off the tracks, muttering about how much that hurt, and how hard it is to die these days.
- Their failed attempt at hanging themselves.
- Then there is the episode "Etc."; several of the stories told by the Gossipy Hens are hilarious.
- The climax of the rather dark fourth episode has Hirukama staggering around in a mixture of drunkeness and despair, sobbing for someone to stop him, which of course draws Lil' Slugger to strike him and skate away... until Hirukama suddenly gets to his feet and yells, causing "Lil' Slugger" to make quite a few amusing expressions before frantically skating away, only to be knocked out by a shoe (with an uncharacteristically humorous sound effect).
- This line from Ikari easily summarizes the whole series:
Ikari: The whole world's gonna end, and all because of a goddamn puppy.