- From PSY's AMA event on Reddit:
Q: How many times did it take to do the elevator portion of your video in Gangnam Style?A: That was ad libbed. No Hong Chul is the name of the elevator guy and he is very famous comedian in Korea. That is a very popular dirty move he has been doing for six years and I asked him to do it in my video. If I am underneath, it would be dirtier! We only did 2-3 takes and everyone on the video set was crying from laughing. Definitely my favorite scene in the video.
Q: Why were you so mad at that girl’s ass?A: Because her ass was so mad.
- The 2013 advertisement that aired during Super Bowl XLVII for Wonderful Pistachios - made even funnier because "nut-riding" is made to appear like a normal, everyday activity.
PSY: Crackin' Gangnam Style!
- Wearing a Modesty Towel in "Gangnam Style"...around his chest (i.e. the way women traditionally do it).
- The "music videos without music" edition, which replaces the music with the acapella version and adds appropriate sound effects. Some moments in particular include:
- The explosion, complete with the two folks in the background screaming.
- PSY's monstrous "screaming" at a yoga practitioner's backside.
- PSY having his rapping cut off by the yellow-suited dancer.
- The dance scene at the end, which replaces the music with Party Rock Anthem for no reason.
- It's a dance club, therefore it's "dance club music background noise".
- He's on the toilet & that scene closes with a fart noise.