- Almond's crawl animation is him inching along the ground like a worm.
- Ever heard of a log run, where you run atop a log floating and spinning in the water? During the battle with the Sea Serpent robot, Almond can log run by doing the worm.
- Since Almond generates a shield around himself by ducking, you can become completely invincible against the first boss by continuously crawling to the left.
- Xoda's crawl animation is pretty silly as well, with her running while bending forward so far it's a wonder she doesn't fall over and holding onto her hat.
- A few boss death animations in Devolution:
- Mordecai Fluke sinks. Into pavement.
- Sleeper Brakeman: since you're targeting the conductor, only it explodes when its health is depleted; the train itself keeps chase. What causes the train's demise? Tripping on a rock and smacking into the sand.
- Despite being a plot-important Climax Boss, Tango Source is a very ridiculous fight. This is mainly due to it attacking with television channels, from an "Air Show" (a plane crashing into the corner of the screen) to "Sports" (a madly bouncing soccer ball). Special mention goes to the "News" attack; while it's a fairly uninteresting attack by itself, it's accompanied by odd headlines scrolling by:
"MAN FOUND NOT WEARING PROPER FOOTWEAR ON ASPHALT POSSIBLY RIDDLED WITH PAINFUL GRAVEL"
"PEOPLE STILL DON'T APPRECIATE THE VALUES OF TIMESHARE"
"GORILLA WAS FOUND IN NATURAL HABITAT"
"I TALK BUT NOBODY LISTENS"
- One of the Steam cards for the second game introduces Rilo as an robot Evil Knockoff of Lori and then bluntly states Lori herself is already dead.