The majority of the show is absolutely filled
with Crowning Moment of Funny
, which is why the show is so beloved. But here are some moments that stand out:
- Mr. Bean at the pool. He tries sliding down a kiddie slide, but gets a whistle blown on him by a lifeguard, after which he makes a spectacular fool of himself scurrying back up.
- And then he loses his trunks.
- His New Year's Eve party, in "Do-It-Yourself Mr. Bean".
- And the his method of repainting the room the morning after with one of his guests caught in the blast.
- Near the ending of "Good Night, Mr. Bean" when he attempts to count sheep. He couldn't figure out how many sheep were in the picture, so he uses a calculator. The instant he gets the number, he nods and instantly falls asleep.
- From the same episode, he attempts to get himself to sleep by watching a chess game on TV. After the end of the chess game, it spontaneously switches to a rock concert with loud music, startling and waking up Mr. Bean
- In that same scene, tell me you didn't burst out laughing when he shot the lightbulb with a gun just to simply turn it off.
- Oh yeah, and notice that he's also got dozens and dozens of spare bulbs in the same cabinet, implying that this is what he does every night.
- Mr. Bean's take on the Nativity.
- From the movie, Mr. Bean's attempts at fixing the painting Whistler's Mother, not to mention David Langley's reaction at what he's done to it.
David: Oh, Jesus! Oh God! Oh, Jesus, God, oh...Mary, Mother of Jesus, Jesus of Nazareth!!
(Then after promising not to scream again)
David: OH GOD!! OH GOD, OH GOD OH GOD!!
- Playing the one-note synthesizer harmony from the Chariots of Fire theme at the 2012 Olympics.
- Locking himself out of his hotel room nude. Rowan Atkinson is a brave, brave man.
- In "The Best Bits of Mr. Bean", Mr. Bean sees a spider's web and wants to show "Mr. Spider" to Teddy. Teddy refuses to look, so Bean forces Teddy to look, resulting in Teddy jumping out of Mr. Bean's hands and through the trap door of the attic they are in.