Fireplaces in wooden buildings
While rule 1 and 2 in Minecraft are that you shouldn't respectively dig straight down or straight up, rule 3 is about not making fireplaces when there's a lot of wood nearby. Here's why:
Pranks and traps
- An LPer by the name of bananapielord had uploaded his Minecraft world for his fans to edit as they please, and spent the next few videos showcasing the worlds they sent back. The third world in this video, showcased seven minutes in, has some interesting changes made to his house. Hilarity Ensues when he accidentally sets off a block of TNT.
- These two adventurers at the 14:00 point, find out that they don't make it in home in time, so they both build makeshift shelters, leading to a funny Inaction Sequence where they discover that one player lacks cobblestone to smelt glass in a furnace and the other finds out that he lacks sand so he can't make glass either. They find their own solutions to see outside. After a daybreak, they visit each other's "houses".
- The Hatventurers give us many moments of funny minecraft antics.
Glitches and Bugs
- Wolves attack Skeletons. Dogs like to eat bones.
- The Beta 1.2 update allows players to dye wool blocks different colors. The funny thing is that you can also do this to living sheep, resulting in a swarm of sheep in outlandish colorations.
- Even better, when you shear the sheep, and the wool grows back, it's still the same color as the dye.
- Get into water while a dog follows you. When you get out, you can see the dog shaking off the water as soon as he stops!
- Minecraft hit one million sales. Drunk Notch, karaoke, and a nerf gun followed.
- Minecraft 1.2 trailer:
(while falling) "I heard that you can build twice as high in Minecraft now"
"Oh really, that's interesAAAAAAAHHH"
- Another YouTube video, this time a recording of someone's live stream where he was just wrapping up for the session. The music just perfects the overall mood. WHAT THE SHIT-*dies*
- Creeper juice!
- It's a rap video (maybe)... until.. well, check it out for yourself.
- "Chickens fucking everywhere!". Someone finds out the properties of eggs when thrown at stuff (ie, they can spawn 1-4 chickens), so he and a bunch of friends mess with it, but they soon realise they've woken a sleeping giant here. Eventually the server overloads, especially when he tries something drastic.
- This entire video. Filled with plenty of Angrish, pained cries of "WHAT THE FRICK", and failed attempts to ride a minecart, this stream has something for everyone!
- Most items that involve the day/night cycle or direction start to bug out when you enter the Nether. However, the silliest case of this would have to be wood-and-wool beds exploding violently when one attempts to use them.
- The Beta 1.6.6 patch notes. It has some nice tweaks, nothing too major... Wait, "Removed Herobrine"? What.
- That's been in every patch for some time. Either Notch still thinks it's hilarious, or he's trying to do damage control on the persistence of the meme.
- Blowing up an island. What makes it funny is the player's over-the-top reactions.
I DID THAT! MEEEEEE! ...MEEEEEEE!
- He also laughs maniacally.
- Minecraft's lava physics are almost Wil E. Coyote-ish. Gives you exactly the right amount of time to regret what you have done.
- Another video from the same guy, the Suicide Chicken. Ten seconds of a chicken, and a full minute of him laughing.
- A guy who plays Minecraft and shows off mods is constantly informed of things he appears to be doing wrong, such as not using a pickaxe on a certain boss in the Aether mod, not using gold weapons to kill werewolves from the Mo'Creatures mod, or not using redstone repeaters for fireworks shows. He seemed to take it rather well.
- Meta Moment : Bethesda threaten to sue Notch for an upcoming game called Scrolls for "stealing?" the name from The Elder Scrolls. Notch's proposal? A Trial-by-(Quake)-champion to settle this. Some people are waiting to see if it will work.
- Best part? NOTCH IS ACTUALLY SERIOUS.
- For those curious, the suit ended in not only a refusal, but Notch won the round, with the court ruling that Scrolls was not likely to be mistaken for the full title of The Elder Scrolls.
- One word. BUNNIES.
- While that video was a mod from years ago, as of September 2014, Rabbits are in the official game.
- It is now possible, in creative, to latch onto animals with a fishing rod, fly up to a very great height and yank them, thus causing them to go flying for miles. It never gets old.
- Monster Spawners usually only create boring zombies or skeletons, but through hacking, you could get anything from pigs to Endermen. Hilarity was sure to ensue.
- With an update allowing Creative spawn eggs to change the mobs spawned, it is now more accessible!
- Those aren't diamonds, they're Fuck-Me Stones.
- When Sethbling is not busy making awesome things in Minecraft, he's doing things that are both silly and awesome.
- When you understand one of the references made in the splash screen.
- Tobuscus improvs a song about a cheating sugar cane daddy in Minecraft called "Sugar Cane Song".
- There's also the Pumpkin Massacre.
- Heck, the entirety of "Enderman Roomate", especially "What the-".
- Parts 31, 32, and 33 of his Minecraft videos are a textbook example of From Bad to Worse. in Part 31, Toby drowns in the water near his house when he forgets to surface for air. Then, because his bed was obstructed, he doesn't respawn in his house and has to find where he died, a problem made worse by his No Sense of Direction. In Part 32, Toby is forced to turn the game to peaceful mode as he dives for his items. Having spent half the video looking for his items, he goes off to bed... and dies because it was obstructed, losing his items and being teleported away from his house again. Part 33 is entirely comprised of him trying to find his house.
- Someone made fun of the broken base, FOR EVERY UPDATE UP TO THE HALLOWEEN UPDATE! Link: Mojang goes bankrupt.
- The 1.1 update added multiple language options. Guess what one of the options is? Pirate!
- A chunks error can cause this◊ to happen. That player won't be running out of beef any time soon.
- Version 1.2 introduces something that Creepers are afraid of: Cats. No, really. Tame a few and watch Creepers avoid you like the plague.
- The code for enchanting, when translated, is completely random and nonsensical. What the nether is "shorten wet beast physical?"
- Heck, ANY GameChap mod review, especially the Herobrine series.
- Why it is not a good idea to place a bed just below the ceiling.
- Team Avolition, a griefing team, was challenged to see how much griefing they could perform on the Doridian server before getting caught. Stealing 3,500 diamonds, burning down the fabled city, and annoying the crud out of an admin who has no ban powers are the LEAST of their accomplishments. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome that they were able to pull this off in the first place.
- "Sometimes it's hard to be a God", featuring the Clay Mod, full of Literal Metaphors (such as the world being named "The Heavens and the Earth"), faux-epic moments (such as green and blue soldiers parachuting in on feathers), and ultimately culminating in God just deciding to delete "The Heavens and the Earth".
- RubberRoss's Derpcraft. What's even funnier is that the cartoon was based on his initial reactions.
- Alekidsonic's Minecraft shorts. It's also a bit of a Take That to people who start playing Minecraft for the very first time.
- The Weeping Angel mod, when spotlighted by the Yogscast, has one of the Angels going into Simon's house, and he doesn't have a pickaxe to destroy it with. How is this solved? By digging a hole in the floor, getting the Angel to fall into it... and just putting floor blocks over it. There's now a Weeping Angel trapped under the floorboards. Problem solved. When he realizes he's got no way to leave the house surrounded by Angels without dying and respawning in the house, he deletes the world to solve the problem.
- After 34 minutes of fail in the 404 challenge, these two adventurers decide to give it one last try and make a "pimp room". The result is...well, just watch.
- A Youtuber by the name of donut223isme made a series called "Weeping Angels to the The End" where he plays the game all the way through with the Weeping Angels mod. In episode 7, he accidentally falls down a chasm and tries to climb back up. After making it to a landing, he places a torch to see his immediate area. He reacts to what he sees accordingly.
- "What a pleasant day today! Nothing bad could possibly happen. Isn't that right, SCP-173? Yeah, we're best friends, and— AAHH!"
- Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Minecraft series.
- Ghasts sound like crying babies. What are the sounds they really make? The demented meows of C418's cat, slowed down.
- Beating something to death with a porkchop. Or an egg. Or seeds. Or a mushroom. Or whatever you feel like using.
- The Mob Rap 2 has a few joke verses, which come from the Chicken and the Squid. Also, Skeleton's reaction to Herobrine showing up can be seen as this.
- The Mob Rap 3 has ''Enzio'', of all people singing a joke verse. And it is awesome. Skeleton trying to critize the Wither's' performance can also be considered hilarious, especially since he compares him unfavorably with the chicken.
- This video is probably the most cheerful death montage ever recorded. It showcases 50 noteworthy deaths from a player who is prone to maniacal laughter, blind panic, and general clumsiness all at once.
- The sequel video shows that this player has become more skilled, such that one of the only things keeping him from remaining alive is his sister, who is just as hysterical as he is.
- Jesse Plays Minecraft: The Scariest Game Ever Made Parts One and Two.
- The Luckiest Minecraft Player Ever, who mines a block directly underneath him in the Nether, falls directly into lava, must swim to a very far shore, is attacked by two Ghasts, and falls into a 2 by 2 lava hole—and somehow makes it out alive.
- A Spanish LPer, while on Hardcore mode, tried to ensure his small house was safe, using a gate made of pistons and an alarm made of notes. The idea of using just an iron door apparently didn't cross his mind. The massive structure for the machinery took a lot of space, being several times bigger than the house itself. It was so poorly designed that it prevented him from enlarging the house, as it was surrounded on all its sides by the machinery. Not to mention that it took him quite some time. The funny part? All this didn't help him when a creeper entered his house. Just see his Heroic BSOD here. The worst part? The creeper entered through the structure he had created to build the alarm. He could have avoided it if he hadn't built it in the first place.
- The same LPer tried to get some steaks by killing some cows with fire. Instead of using flint and steel like anyone else would have done, this LPer tried it with lava. Unfortunately for him, when trying to get back the lava after burning the first cow, a misclick gave him a bucket of milk and a very hot death.
- The same LPer built a witch farm in his survival series, but instead of lighting the area to prevent enemy spawning outside the farm, he went for the quickest solution, to built a huge tower. He eventually came to regret his decision, as some chapters later, he suffered the consequences. He had to spent an entire chapter to kill more than 200 zombies that had spawned in the surrounding area. The fight reached its climax in a cave where more than 160 zombies were lurking. To add more laughs, for some unknown reason, every single zombie happened to be wielding an egg.
- Another Spanish LPer, also on Hardcore mode, entered the Nether for the first time, only to discover that he had spawned on the top of a tower-like hill with no visible way to get down safely and, what's worse, some lava pillars were falling down towards him.
- The entirety of the Jeoffreys Chamber map, with a deliciously hammy kidnapper and a goddamn hilarious Villain Song at the end.
- In 1.6, the villagers were given voices. They also eerily resemble Squidward. Three guesses to who their talking sounds like...
- Step 1: Play single player. Step 2: go about normally. Step 3: Make a stick or just grab a stick you have premade due to grossly overestimating how many sticks you need. Step 4: Get an anvil. Step Five: Create THE STICK OF DESTINY!
- Spawning on a tiny island far, far, FAR away from any sort of mainland, and only having a small tree to work with is as fun as having a diamond pick shoved up your nose. Proceeding to turn all of the wood into sticks and not getting a sapling, however, is funny once your mind registers what you just did.
- Notch and Patrick randomly decide where to hold Minecon 2013.
- The Greatest Minecraft Video Ever is an Affectionate Parody of what people do to make their Minecraft videos popular. It has really catchy music and it is absolutely hilarious.
- What's worse than falling to a pit full of creepers? Having some cobweb slow your way to the bottom. Cue 30 seconds of watching helplessly how you fall to your death, while your teammates watch your fall from above and laugh.
- Trying to kill an Enderman by dropping him out of a dirt platform over the void may not be a good idea, due to the One In A Million Chance of him stealing the block both of you are standing on.
- Minecraft isn't particularly a violent game but there are quite a number of ways to die in it, if you're unlucky enough.
- What's the most stupid thing you can do in Minecraft? Definitely, one possible candidate is trying to lock a creeper inside a house made of TNT. Some guys attempted it twice. It ended up as well as you could expect.
- Bite-sized Minecraft and its sequel. All of it.
- The Syndicate project in collaboration with Element Animation and Roomie did a parody of the original Pokémon theme music. It is both hilarious and the most ''awesome'' thing imaginable.
- One youtuber was doing a Let's Play of his own mod pack for the game, including The Lion King mod. At the end of the mod, he goes to the Upendi dimension, which is supposed to be a utopia like location free of hostile mobs. Between that episode (were he was enjoying the dimension once he got there) and the next, the Cubebot mod glitched and the next episode begins with Upendi overun by a gigantic swarm of Zombie Cubebots (which have been making his life hell since the update introducing them). He's forced to go to creative and then gleefully sets it to day so he can watch them burst into flames and die in the sunlight.
- On another episode, a creeper somehow gets into his house and blows up, his reaction is hilarious. 
- Whenever skeletons shoot each other. They'll stop pursuing you, turn to whoever shot them, and return the favor. A duel to the death will then commence.
- Better yet, enclose them and take bets. It's cockfighting WITH SKELETONS!
- It's even worse with witches. All it takes is one stray splash potion and suddenly every witch in the vicinity will turn on each other. And none of them will die because they heal themselves faster than they can inflict debuffs and damage. It's quite a sight to behold, but if you get caught in the crossfire, your death is assured.
- Tricking a skeleton into killing a Creeper will result in an Easter Egg in which the Creeper drops a music disc upon being killed.
- Cows' legs when they're running. RL cows legs don't bend that way!