- From the first episode, when Max meets Skullmaster for the first time:
Max: Great! Then we can be friends? Shake?(Skullmaster offers a demonic-looking hand with an evil grin)Max: Whoa, whoa, whoa, on second thought...
What in the?! NOT THE CUPCAKES!!! Back! Back! TASTE MY LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, SUCKER!
- Also from the first episode, Homer Simpson's dialogue when battling a lava monster.
- "The Cyberskull Virus" sees Norman and Virgil getting sucked into a video game. Norman eating french fries and smelling roses (AKA power-ups) is amusing enough, but seeing Virgil try to play it is amusing, as he's completely out of his element. It's like watching Einstein trying to play Call of Duty. Even better is the implication that Virgil actually starts to enjoy it (ironic, as he earlier called video games childish).
Virgil: Wait! I was just achieving proficiency!
- Pretty much every time Ernie hams it up in "The Brain Suckers Cometh". It helps that he was played by Charlie Adler.
- Norman mentions in "Let Sleeping Dragons Lie" that they wrote a song about the last time he bested the Doom Dragon. Max jokingly asks if that song was "Puff the Magic Dragon", earning him a Death Glare from Norman.