You think such a dark series would be serious all the way, right? Well, '''WRONG!!'''
We also have pages for ''Funny/MetroidPrimeTrilogy'' and ''Funny/MetroidOtherM''.
* In the original ''Metroid'', someone had the idea of typing in the password "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp75tGICd_M ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER]]" [[spoiler:Apparently, the game doesn't like foul language, because this password [[GoodBadBugs takes you to a glitched version of the first screen of Brinstar]] that [[WrapAround wraps around]] instead of scrolling, making it impossible to progress at all.]] '''Warning:''' Doing this sometimes causes the game to reset or crash instead, particularly on the 3DS Virtual Console version.
* [[http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130622213056/metroid/images/thumb/d/d5/Mickey_Mouse_in_Metroid.gif/500px-Mickey_Mouse_in_Metroid.gif This room]] in ''Super Metroid''. Apparently, the Chozo were fans of Disney.
* In the manga snippet ''"Gourmet" Expert'', a [[MeaningfulName Samus Eater]] [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin does what its name implies]] (complete with OM NOM NOM). However, [[TooSpicyForYogSothoth it spits the main character back on its own]], dissatisfied. Samus [[ComicallyMissingThePoint is quite pissed that it thinks she tastes bad]].
--> '''Samus''': ''"Bleck"?!'' Why did you say "bleck"?
** By extension, the entire ''VideoGame/SuperMetroid'' Manga. Seriously, if you haven't read it, go read it. You can find it on the Metroid Database.
* ''Super Metroid''[='=]s Crocomire, who suffers a FamilyUnfriendlyDeath by being forced onto a none-too sturdy bridge over a pool of acid, then falling into the acid, which melts his flesh off, leaving nothing but his skeleton. And then, the skeleton breaks through the spiked wall behind Samus to get his revenge against her... only to crumble to dust, leaving behind his skull.
* In ''Super Metroid'', crashing into the ceiling with the Shinespark move will embed Samus's head into it with an audible thud, complete with afterimages of Samus as CirclingBirdies and double vision.
* Mini-Kraid. Just the idea of Mini-Kraid alone.
* The Yard from ''Super Metroid'' is an enemy found in Maridia that looks like a giant snail. Shooting it causes it to retract into its shell, which can then be knocked around. It actually bounces when hit, so Samus could play a game of kickball with a startled Yard.
** Hitting a Yard with the [[SuperSpeed Speed Booster]] sends it careening off at car crash speeds.
* In a manga that parodied the NES ''Metroid'', Samus noticed that the [[MookMaker pipes that dispensed Zebs]] looked very much like [[Franchise/SuperMarioBros a certain plumber's method of public transportation.]] When she tried to climb into it, she received a very painful bite on the ass. It makes one wonder why this didn't happen to Mario.
* In the ''Super Metroid'' manga strip in which Samus gets the X-Ray Scope, she tries it out on a nearby wall and... sees two Etecoons making out, who are shocked by the accidental Peeping Tom.
* There are a few moments when the AI reprimands Samus in ''Fusion'' and her response is akin to a guilty silence.
* Samus describing her situation towards the end of ''Zero Mission'' with "All I had for protection was my rather useless emergency pistol" shows a wonderfully dry sense of humour from our heroine.
* The fact the Space Pirates are klepto enough to steal door technology is pretty hilarious. Of all the things they stole, they are that willing to steal tech for ''doorways''.
* B.O.X., the security robot from ''Fusion'' gets infected by the X Parasite sometime after you fight him. By the time the second battle with him comes around, his name is technically B.O.X.-X... or X-B.O.X.