- For some, the scene in which the young man from the coffee shop gets hit by two cars is quite slapstick, in a Black Comedy sort of way.
- When Joe meets the little sick woman in the hospital. It seems to be Nightmare Fuel for her at first but then it gets better.
- Joe. Peanut Butter. That is all.
- A line only Anthony Hopkins could pull off with class:
Parrish: Don't blow smoke up my ass. You'll ruin my autopsy.
- Joe's intense offense when he hears the phrase "as certain as death and taxes" for the first time.
Joe: What an odd pairing.