- A minor case of Medium Awareness.
Kirsty: When you…when you went under the hovercraft, I thought…I thought you were dead.Schofield: Hey. It's OK. It's all right. I'm not going to die on you. I am not going to die on you. I mean, hey, I can't die. I'm the hero of this story.
- The French commando Jean Petard gets blown up by the claymore mines he'd set - very literally hoist by his own petard.
- There's one point where the good guys have a few minutes to not be shot at. In this time, Braniac, one of Scarecrow's teams, decides to ask the President a question. They're in a situation where death is almost certain, they're vastly outnumbered and they're running out of time, and he decides to ask the President if America is keeping Puerto Rico as a territory because it has the highest rate of UFO sightings.
- The bears.
- David Fairfax lampshades Scarecrow's problem with intact things.
Fairfax: So, what have you destroyed today?Schofield: I've flooded a Typhoon-class submarine, leveled a building, and launched a ballistic missile to destroy a maintenance facility.Fairfax: Slow day, huh?
- The Call-Back to Ice Station where it's revealed that the French are still pissed at Scarecrow about the whole business with the submarine and paratroopers.
- Lachlan and Julius escape imprisonment by tricking motion sensors with Lily's toy robotic dog Sir Barksalot.
- Jack West dupes two Chinese interceptors with a smiley-faced sandbag mannequin George strapped into a pair of Gullwingsnote
- Mother referring to herself as Scarecrow's 'Fairy Godmotherfucker'.
- Jack being kidnapped with no idea he'd been chosen for the Games means he spends half this ancient ceremony designed to save all life on Earth in a Homer Simpson t-shirt and jeans.