- Batshit insane the Smileys may be, but some of the stuff they say is hilarious.
Just give up the damn shoes, you crazy-ass shoe-thieving shoe thief!
Let's all lay down like this guy! Maybe he's onto something!
GIMME YOUR HEAD JUICE!
He's turning into a pupa! *chuckle* Pesky witchetty man!
- Although the fight with Pigsy is often cited as the most terrifying boss fight of any game, Cash's "executions" on him end up being hilarious: first, when weakening Pigsy with the first three executions, Cash jams objects into Pigsy's back, causing him to squeal in pain, and bitch-slap Cash off of him, before running off. This causes Cash to clutch his forehead, less out of pain, and more out of seeming to say You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!. Then, the first time you lure him onto the steel platform, Pigsy realizes his weight isn't doing any favors and runs back to his original stage. Then the second time, he only has enough time to grab onto the edge of the floor as the platform completely gives out from under him, letting his chainsaw slide to Cash's feet. Cash then finishes off Pigsy by chainsawing off his hands, and causing all 1000 pounds of his lardy ass to splatter several floors below him.
Piggsy: Piggsy forgot why here.Piggsy: Not playing! *Squeal* Not funny!Piggsy: Stop. *Snort* Not fair!Piggsy: Piggsy's angry! *Squeal* ANNNNNGRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!Piggsy: Piggsy bored. *Snort* Going home. *Snort* Go to bed and SLEEEEEEP!
- Piggsy may look disturbing, at least there's plenty of his voice lines that sound pretty ridiculous.
- Forcing some poor schmuck to take shock therapy? Not Funny. But looking at the electric box, and seeing the neat, printed warning label that says "Please Note: This Really Fucking Hurts!"? Hilarious.
- In the the tutorial level of the original Manhunt, some graffiti on the wall is pointing out your first target, (who is facing away from you until you kill him) with the message "Kill this dumb fuck".
- Immediately after that, when you're introduced to the "Hiding in the Shadows" mechanic, there's another message, this time pointing to a conspicuously shady segment of the wall: "Hide, you shit!"
- "Here's the crowbar, you wanker!" exists just after the above (at least) in the UK release. You aren't getting it for free, though.
- In the "Sexual Deviants", the "Dungeon" has sexual torture scenes that make Hostel look tame by comparison. However, sneaking into the Dungeon has a true Crowning Moment of Funny that makes the subsequent terror almost bearable - there's a guard manning the door, and he won't let you in since you aren't one of the aptly-named Pervs. So, do you need to kill a Perv, and dress up in his gimp suit? No, not quite - you chop off one of their heads, and hold it up to the door slot to fool the guard.
- This conversation between two Watchdogs
Watchdog: Spengler, look for Higgs and Spaulding - they should be coming from the "adult specialty shop."Spengler: It's called "porno", genius.
Funny / Manhunt
Manhunt might be one of the more disturbing games, but it still manages to sneak in some funny moments, no matter how grim they may be.