These entries are (roughly) in (approximate) chronological order (maybe). The further down the page you go, the more likely you are to run into spoilers.
- Not even five minutes into the first episode of Negima! we see Asuna in a fish costume doing a ridiculous dance and chant for Professor Takahata's love, and then - out of nowhere, compared to the manga - we get this gem from Greg Ayres, in a British accent.
Negi: "Hello there. Not everyone can be lucky in love."
- The beginning of the very next episode has this gem from Asuna in the English dub after discovering Negi is a Wizard:
Asuna: "If blowing up a girls skirt is your idea of a magic trick you little perv then watch me make you disappear!"
- The English dub of the first Anime does have some good lines. Heck even the second one does, episode 7 from Negima!? is brilliant:
Zazie: "My... clothes are flying... (Sayo is wearing them)
- In the English version of the manga Negi wins for getting wedged between Shizuna's boobs, and looking up with the request: "May I have a cookie?"
- Negi revealing himself to be the new homeroom teacher. The manga is funny to be sure, but in Negima?!, there is dead silence for around ten full seconds. And then Negi gets swarmed by every girl in the room except Asuna and Chisame.
- In the very first volume, Negi's eventual exasperated, resigned reaction to all the female attention? Just three succinct words. "DAMN MY CHARISMA!" In the Del Rey version of This page.
- One of Del Rey's better line changes. Another funny one is Asuna's "Are you on CRACK!?" in response to Negi wanting to be trained by Evangeline (which Eva repeats word-for-word when he asks her), or Evangeline's "Time to transform and roll out!" at the end of the Kyoto arc.
- In the chapter after Negi and Asuna's showdown with Eva and Chachamaru, an ecstatic Evanote tells Negi about clues regarding his father that were left in Kyoto. The funny clincher: cue to Eva trying to suck Negi's blood from his right arm as payment for the info. (Negi's clueless look on that panel, up to the following dialogue was just icing on the cake...)
Negi: (still in shock) P-Please don't bite me!
Eva: Aw, c'mon. Think of it as payment for the information...
- No mention Negi's first hot spring experience in Kyoto.
- Right after Nodoka's confession to Negi, the beginning of the next chapter has Negi in Blank White Eyes + Luminescent Blush + Jaw Drop mode, still trying to digest what had happened.
- Fate attacking Asuna with Water Spirits... that tickle her into submission. While Naked. When Setsuna and Negi arrive immediately after the fact, they naturally assume the worst. (NSFW)
- Evangeline bursting into the room of the exhausted "Guardian Angels" towards the end of the Kyoto arc with a rousing "Transform and Roll Out!".
- Don't leave shikigami clones alone for too long...
- At the beginning of the seventh volume, Asuna starts acting as though she has suddenly fallen in love with Negi, which was done dramatically (more or less) until it was revealed that she had partaken of a Love Potion by mistake. She starts to act relieved... and then this happens.
- The fact that the victim of The Glomp has a major Bodyguard Crush on the girl who's latched onto her makes it even funnier.
- Negi asks Evangeline if she will teach him magic. Her response: "Lick my feet and be my slave". She promptly gets kicked in the head by Asuna.
- Makie tries helping Negi early on in chapter 56. Just look at Konoka in the background.
- Don't forget the Kung Fu Shark.
Negi: THE SHARK KNOWS KENPO?!
- In chapter 73 lower right panel. You have to love the look on their faces. Also, why is Negi wearing a bra?
Nita-sensei: Oh no, the crying begins...
- The revelation way back in Chapter 75, when Chachamaru was discovering love, that she was, er, discovering love. Everything from Hakase's long winded rant in one speech bubble, to the fact that her "memories" of Negi are quite literally image files that she's been saving, and Hakase looks through her memories using Windows. That's right, the robot capable of love is apparently either backwards-compatible, or running on Windows.
- Obviously, she's using VNC and SSH to remotely browse Chachamaru. Expansion of acronyms for the non-tech-savvy?
- Please, she's a Mad Scientist; she probably just created her own OS that superficially resembles windows. Using existing technology would just be boring...
- The quite-hilarious Shipping banter between Negi and Setsuna during the first day of the Mahora Festival. The tirades get better by the time she admits of her feelings for her charge:
Setsuna: In any case, I already have Konoka ojou-sama as...
Setsuna: N-NO! That's not, um... That's not what I meant!
Negi: Ahahahahaha! Setsuna-san, so it really is Konoka-san!
Setsuna: What about you then, Negi-sensei? Asuna-san or Nodoka-san; which one of them do you like?
Negi: Why did the topic change to that?!
- Way back at the beginning of the festival we have Negi's Rape Face.
- "Negi, the Kissing Terminator". The aftermath? Asuna literally has a near-death experience.
- So does Negi.
- Asuna's Freudian Slip... and the result.
Asuna: Don't worry! Leave it to me, Honya! I will protect your lips! If you want to kiss Honya-chan, you've gotta kiss me first!
Negi: I understand. Then I'll kiss Asuna-san first.
Asuna: Eh? Ahhh... Oh! Ah, that's not right. I meant to say "You have to beat me first." I said it wrong, it doesn't count.
- In the Mahora Fest Tournament Takane is hit by a strip beam while most of the cast is surprised/horrified Chizuru laughs at her
- Chisame is a Muggle without a Weirdness Censor, resulting in her questioning why no one else thinks having a robot classmate is strange and an extended breakdown over the course of the tournament arc.
- Albireo Imma's interactions with Eva (he and Nagi are said to be her natural enemies). For example:
- Misora's ultimate attack. It's the build up that makes this hilarious.
- When Chao reveals her ultimate weapon, these reaction faces happen.
- What's the best weapon to use against your young, charismatic nemesis with a large, fiercely competitive Unwanted Harem? A family tree from the future with the name of his wife and children.
- What's even funnier, Makie and Ayaka appear out of nowhere just in time to question its existence and demand to see its contents. priceless...
- How does this get resolved? Asuna burns it
- Nodoka's perfect CMoF: "Still, there are no good ways to resolve a love triangle, after all.. What should I do...? My desired... solution... Saishoudoukin?!?" Little pervert... She'd be a freak if it wasn't for her social / self-esteem issues.
Chamo: "Saishoudoukin." Well... you sure know some hard words, young lady. I guess they don't call you a book lover for nothing."
- Heck yes. There is a reason why she has outclassed even Evangeline in the Ero Factor levels on Chamo's Love Negi list...
- The absolute best part of that page? The facial expressions. Starting with the little doodle of Nodoka, Negi, and Yue sharing a bed looking completely sweet and innocent. Nodoka and Negi are all smiles, and Yue is all "doo-de-doo-de-doo..." Not to mention Nodoka's BSOD, and the ZOMGWTFBBQ look on Negi's face, in the panels under it.
- Notice that in the little panel that's censored: A) all three are nude, and B) Yue is on top of Negi. Wow, Nodoka, just wow.
- When Nodoka's preparing for her date with Negi in volume ten, she ends up desperately trying not to think about French-kissing Negi, which makes a picture of it appear in her artifact, captioned on top by my personal favorite line in the entire manga: "TODAY'S GOAL".
- Makie can't think of any worries.
- Negi loses his magic-enabling ring. Evangeline teases him about it. Akira comes to her own conclusion.
- Negi's Fourth Wall Breaking "Kilroy was here" pose just adds to the hilarity.
- For some reason, this scene in that chapter cracks me up.
Akira: H <3 ("doinks" Negi on the head)
- In Chapters 175 and 183, Mana and Kaede's attempts to get discounts at the cinema.
- Chapter 181 : This justin.The loli vampire loves to bully kids
- Don't forget the paint job on Ayaka's private jet.
- The incidents involving people finding out about the Pactios get increasingly hilarious. First, Anya was bonding with Yue and Nodoka until she found out, and ran away screaming. Later, a boast about having a First Kiss with Negi recieves the response, "You're the eighth ones", and another girl runs off screaming. Finally, come chapter 344...
Kakizaki: ...Back up for a second. How many people in class have those cards. All of you who have one of those Pactawhatever cards, hands up and cards out!
- The "Negi Wars". In fact, Anya herself is a walking CMOF until she enters the Magic World.
- "Make a bad face and punch" when Negi first starts learning from Jack Rakan.
Chisame: NO, that's wrong in every sense of the word! Who is that?!
- Death of a thousand cats.
- Chapter 209: Chisame chasing Negi and Jack around with a pillow. Even funnier in the animated version.
- Many of Chisame and Rakan's early interactions count... Especially when Rakan discovers Negi's Pactios... by pickpocketing them from the inside of his cloak...
Rakan: And you even got little Chisame here too! Ooohoohoo! I knew it; it really is like that with you two! Mwahahahaha!!!
Rakan: You may say no, but you did kiss the kid, didn't ya? Mwa~h! A real hot one, nyohohohoho!
(Cue another Shining Wizard to Rakan...)
- Chapter 210 gives us one of the cheerleader's opinions of what happened to Negi and co. It's even funnier when you realize the alien is the same image that was used to describe Evangeline as a vampire.
- Chachamaru. Winding. That is all.
- Chapter 218: The Captain of the 17. Unit of the bounty-hunting division of the mercenary association "Canis Niger" Alexander "Twilight" Zaytsev was called Chiko-tan back at his home town. With Idol Star nonetheless.
- Chapter 222: Tea is EXTREMELY Serious Business. Special note of the last panel, with Negi's hilariously pissed off face.
- Sayo lets us all know the deep, political implications of Fate's schemes.
- Jack Rakan's Pensieve Flashback has some moments, too. Such as how Rakan defeated Eishun, or some insights on the princesses' personality: Arika once smacked Nagi for refusing to go shopping with her.
- Not to mention Zect's quips.
- Chapter 235 has one of the funniest Samus is a Girl moments ever. Remember that perverted bounty hunter with creepy sexual tentacles from chapter 212? She likes boobies. Also a lot of Skinship Grope.
- Just about anything Jack Rakan does usually counts. Especially the method he uses to defeat Fate's minions.
- You'll note that while both he and his opponents come out unharmed in that fight, Chamo gets stabbed through the chest and no one seems to care.
- Chapter 247 gives us one of the best Red Baron type nicknames ever: "That Damn Guy Who You Can Stab With Swords All You Like And It Won't Do A Thing, Dammit!"
- Considering Akamatsu's extensive use of of Godiva Hair and Barbie Doll Anatomy during bath scenes, the fact that Rakan gets mosaic is somehow incredibly funny.
- Jack Rackan faces Fate's girls again. Yes LIKE THAT. Fate's face in the first page makes it even funnier.
- Chapter 251 has Negi attempting to fight off the Ariadne guards without hurting them. His solution? Pull out the Black Magic... and combine it with the series' primary disarming spell. Nodoka's Oh, Crap look in the preceding panel makes it even better, as she's obviously aware of what's about to happen.
- Chapter 253. Haruna's magical life-like "pactio kiss-training" "Nugi" DK-1 golem with a 23.5 centimeter-long tongue (which, due to Haruna deliberately omitting the last word, was mistaken for something else entirely). Said golem goes out of control. 'Nuff said. For those who are really curious, see this and this.
Akira: That never happened... That never happened... That never happened...
- Rakan has no weak points.
- Chapter 256: Rakan's demonstration of the Zanmaken: Ni No Tachi and his new name for it. As well as Setsuna's reaction.
Setsuna: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!! You were watching?!
- Chapter 257. Negi's Chick Magnet status causes some jealousy.
"Yeah, I'm starting to think somebody does need to kick his ass one of these days..."
- Chapter 260: Jack Rakan can see the flashbacks too. That is, other people's flashbacks.
Rakan: Nothing is impossible for me.
- Negi and Ku's awesome armwrestling match. So intense it leaves a crater in the floor. And did I mention they sat down to do this in the middle of a formal high society ball?
- And that crater is purely from Ku Fei's Ki, she didn't pin Negi's hand or that would have ended the match right there. Ku Fei's mind game after the pactio.
- From chapter 262: this.
- In Ch. 269, the method Nagi uses to stop Arika's Self-Deprecation. Her reaction is priceless, too. Shocked-looking Chibi!Arika = funny (and also looks pretty much exactly the same as Negi does when he's in the same state). And don't forget Nagi's facial expression while he was doing it.
- Chapter 270. After the Back Story is over and the girls are all "aaaaaaw, it all had a happy ending", look at Kurt Godel's face in the first panel. Prepare to start laughing.
- Aaaaaaaargh! It's the HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!
- In Ch. 273, the close-up image of Kurt Godel's face being smashed by Takahata's attack.
- Same chapter, "These youngsters seem to be beating you senseless."
- Chapter 274. Sayo and her Gatling Gun.
- Made even funnier by the fact that a couple panels later, it's clear that Sayo's enjoying it.
- "Nagi and Rakan are keeping a healthy distance, each staking out the other in a cold, staring, deadlock." And then on the next page...
- Chapter 283. Nodoka tries to read the fake Asuna aka Shiori's mind. This is what her Artifact says.
- Chachamaru's artifact, while Bad Ass, looks quite hilarious. Princess Theo's comment on its appearance is what makes the moment.
- And if the handheld component of the artifact (the Target Designator unit) isn't hilarious looking enough...
- Chapter 285. The gang opens up the Magia Erebia scroll to try to figure out how to deal with Negi's newfound Superpowered Evil Side and accidentally find out how Evangeline spends her free time (warning: exposed skin).
- The bottom right panel on this page. Perhaps not the crowning moment for the series, but for Asakura at least. She's monologuing on the toilet.
- If you note the position of her skirt, it's not likely that she's actually using it. she's probably just in there fore the privacy.
- Chisame's reaction to discovering that Yuuna's parents were mages.
Chisame: Normal people are a rare and precious commodity in a class like ours!
- Negi finds out that someone is attracted to him.
Negi: EH...? E... H... EEEHH??!!! IS IS IS IS THAT SO??!!! AH HMM EH OH.
- Chapter 289. Yuuna gets vaguely romantic and uncharacteristically serious to persuade Negi to kiss her for a pactio... and then, once she gets the card, she starts doing a happy dance over said card.
Yuuna: Oh... WOOHOO! With this...
Negi: She wanted the card.
- Fate patting one of his catgirl servants on the head with his severed arm. Plus the other servants' reaction.
- The "not at all serious" character stats page has a few hilarious entries.
Understanding of the Female Heart: 2
Seductive Assault: 8
Negi Prowling: 8
Protecting and Taking Care of Eva: 8
Messing with Eva: 9
Likeness to Middle Schooler: 2
Number of Lines: 1
- Negi's Chick Magnetism finally gets to Eva-chan
You're four hundred years too early
TO BE SPOUTING LINES LIKE THAT, BRAT!
- Chapter 292: The explanation of the plan to defeat Fate. Seriously, it HAS to be seen.
- I especially love the "perverted four eyed human slicer" bit used to describe Tsukuyomi.
- How about the "Space-Time No Underwear Duo"? (aka Tamaki and Koyomi)
- The look on Negi's face when Zazie appears from out of nowhere to fight him in the Very Definitely Final Dungeon in the Magical World is priceless. A mixture of "what the hell" and "Oh, Crap".
- It's especially funny because it perfectly mirrors the looks on the readers' faces.
- Chisame's Lampshade Hanging when Zazie showed up
Chisame: No, no, no... this is just not happening! (aside)It's just stupid! You can't just throw stuff like this into the story out of nowhere...! Where's the foreshadowing?! / I - I mean, okay, so Zazie has been the most suspicious member of our class since God-knows-when, but still...!
- Chapter 297: Where everybody's version of Cosmo Entelechia, a world where basically all your dreams have come true is revealed and all we get to see from Setsuna's is a naked Konoka, wearing only an apron!.
- In chapter 298, fake!Zazie states that both her artifact and Cosmo Entelecheia are ineffective against what the Internet would call "rea-juus". Makie, being Makie, has no clue what that means.
- Chisame's reaction to that she is immune to Cosmo Entelechia...when she learns that she is completely satisfied with her life, her brain breaks when she realizes that she has wholeheartedly accepted the all the magical shit in her life.
- In chapter 299, while everyone was awakening from their versions of Cosmo Entelecheia, Haruna muttered, "World dominatio...huh?" You truly are Chaotic Neutral, huh?
- Also, Setsuna and Kuu's reactions when Mana and Kaede speak about Cosmo Entelecheia are priceless
- Even better: Chisame AGAIN talking like a Gamer Chick upon seeing "Poyo" aka Zazie's sister go One-Winged Angel. And to amp the hilarity even more, Poyo replies in game terms.
Chisame: OH GOD, SHE IS TOTALLY A FINAL BOSS CHARACTER! LOOK AT THAT DESIGN!
Poyo: (completely deadpan)
I have a rather high status among demonfolk
. Yes, high enough to be "final boss material".
- Chapter 300. On the first page no less! When listing off all the characters and their Boss Subtitles, Chachamaru's was "Ulimate Megaweapon of Love".
- From the same chapter, Anya tries her very best to be Tsundere about Negi, and fails miserably because all the Next Tier Power Ups he's had have left him waay too badass for her to handle, so her utter awe kinda breaks the "I don't really care about him" claims.
- You thought Dynamis was a serious guy? Read chapter 301. His image of being the most serious guy pretty much falls down like the walls of Jericho.
- Oh God. Ever since we saw his face, the guy has become a walking Crowning Moment of Funny. Cross-Popping Veins, growling whenever he remembers Takamichi and Godel, Large Ham declarations, his interactions with Koyomi, etc. And it's actually awesome, since Akamatsu could've botched it up real bad storyline-wise but it actually works.
- The part where Takane asks everyone to don her darkness armor, with everyone refusing because of its tendency to disappear.
- Another one, still from him: WE PLAYED DEAD!
- And then in chapter 304 he strips! Right before the eyes of Negi´s all-female team...
- Their reactions are what really make it hilarious, particularly Yuna's "DAFUQ?!" face:
Everyone else: 0_0
- Even in the depths of the Very Definitely Final Dungeon and hiding from an army of demon puppets, the Genre Shift is not entirely in effect.
Yue: Uh, are we not in a very serious situation? This is no time to be acting like we're in a romantic comedy!
- Chapter 304. "The process is simple! I just give you a shot of concentrated magic-soup drug...straight into your butt!"
Yuna: "...In the butt?"
Ako: "In the butt!"
Yuna: "With that?"
- Note the needle is 1.8 cm thick so it justifies the fact they ran away from her immediately after this exchange.
- "Why are you running?!" Gee, I wonder.
- 305 has Kotaro telling the infiltration group (Yue and her friends, Natsumi, Sayo, Chamo and Asakura) to be careful and not let their guard down. Guess what happens seconds later...
- Dynamis continues to be an epic ham even after being cut in half.
- To which Ku Fei responds by delivering a Shut Up, Hannibal! at Dynamis by poking him with her stick.
- In his bid to gain the highest Cmof/chapter ratio, we have Dynamis's reaction to one of Fate's girls, in fiery one, trying to shield him from Negi's final attack, and keep in mind that he is currently half a body and the girl in front of him is in her birthday suit:
Dynamis: "So hot..."
Dynamis: "Seriously hot..."
- Several instances appear where a character will get beaten up in such a manner that you only see the scene before and after the violence. They can be hard to catch because the detail is completely irrelevant to the important discussions that accompany them, but the hilarity is worth it. Examples include:
- 316: Natsumi gets dizzy because it's getting worse!
- Chapter 321 has two notable ones: the first one comes when it turns out that Sakurako bet that the spectacle above Mahora was a "castle from a magical country which suddenly appeared", but then remarks that that she guesses her bet is "way off". The second comes is a cross between this and Crowning Moment of Heartwarming when Evangeline remarks that if anything happens, she'll take care of it somehow. The cute look on Zazie's face, and Evangeline's reaction, is priceless
Zazie: Do you like-
Evangeline: *cutting across Zazie* I DO NOT!! God, you're annoying!
- Makie making an amnesiac Yue bite her tongue mid-spell. Then updating her on the myriad of crushes on and outright love for Negi in their class.
- When Jack and Nagi's fight first starts, Rakan let's loose a massive attack that shakes the entire arena and knocks Theo off her feet. She immediately grabs the microphone.
Theo: Jack, you idiot, WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?
Rakan: I guess I overdid it a little, huh?
Theo: What are you going to do if you killed him?
Attendant: Princess, stop! The whole country can hear you!
- Chapter 328's Stupid Dad Punch. Probably overlaps with an Awesome Moment as well.
- When Fate counters Negi's lightning form with the method that Rakan described in his match with Negi and explains that he was watching the fight, the look on Negi's face is priceless.
- Rakan returns from Cosmo Entelecheia out of nowhere, for the second time with nothing but pure fighting spirit and not giving a damn.
- In chapter 332, Dynamis summons the ancient Guardian Dragon, Vrixo Nagasha. Cue this exchange:
Albireo: It's your old friend, right? Do something about it!
- Also, when Zazie arrives to meet up with the other 3-A girls:
(a portal opens and drops Ayaka, Sakurako and the twins on the floor)
- Chapter 333: Rakan calls Evangeline "loli-grandma". Eva then includes him in her uber-spell's targeting. He dodges anyway.
- Anytime Secundum gets beaten up by one of the heroes. Or Fate. Secundum abuse never gets old.
- Chapter 334: Asuna and Negi having the same argument, even with the Life Maker RIGHT BEHIND THEM. Fate's face as he's listening says it all.
- And Eva snaps them out of it: "Hey, Asuna? It's alright to flirt, but... there's something really bad behind you." Asuna and Negi turn around to see Lifemaker preparing a ridiculously enormous spell aimed right at them.
- Chapter 335: Tohsaka, after being resurrected, wakes up only to find himself bowled over into a glomp by a teary-eyed Ako. Two of his coworkers witness this and get a good laugh at him, after which he promptly beats them up for it, causing Ako to Sweat Drop.
- Chapter 336: To quote Fate when he was telling his Harem that Negi was too busy to hang with them: He (Negi) already belongs to me, give it up. The looks on their faces? Priceless.
- Makie and Natsumi agree to help Yue confess to Negi. Cue in Nodoka, who jumps out of the bushes to help.
- It becomes even more hilarious when you take notice of the fact that the bushes were a fair distance away in the previous shots.
- Also Fate is introduced as "The child teacher in charge of the class", you know as if child teacher was a special separate post from regular teacher.
- Heck, the whole concept of Fate being 3-A's substitute teacher is incredibly hilarious on its own.
- Everyone's reactions to Fate coming into the room was hilarious. Every one of Negi's partners instantly summoned their artifacts, ready to fight before being told that he was the new teacher.
- It's even funnier when you realise Chachamaru's artifact is a Kill Sat. And she's aiming the designator. Indoors. At something that's about 5 metres away.
- Chapter 337: Chachamaru and winding revisited. Now with even more innuendo! And what's more, she's doing it by herself this time. And then Eva walks in...
- And more comes later on when she starts fantasizing about Negi winding her up again, and talking about it out loud, just when Negi, Chamo, and Asakura are right behind her.
Asakura: (whispering to Chachamaru) By the way, first-name basis and casual talk, definitely a turn-on.
- Collet and company talking to Yue on her cellphone using magic, which looks funny because she's simply using her bare hand shaped like a handset (i.e. all fingers clenched except the thumb and pinky which are spread out), and when you think about it regarding people doing it in Real Life to pretend using a phone...
- Chapter 338: Chisame and Yunna getting hit on the head with chalk thrown by Fate (Twice for the former, even). And Negi going Raiten Taisou by sneezing.
- For that matter, there's Chisame's reaction to learning Negi's Master Plan.
Oh yeah, you're gonna get stabbed and killed one day! No, I'm going to stab you and then I'll die too.
- And in the next panel we have.
Chisame: And you too Chacamaru! Why are you by his side when i'm the one getting ignored.
Chacamaru: T-that's. (smile)
Chisame: NWAARGH?! The hell with that pitying smile? You little robot Girl!
Chacamaru: Ahh! Please calm down. I understand that you are agitated after thoughlessly and unknowingly letting slip somthing that sound almost like a confession but-
Chisame: You wanna get stabbed ,too? Damn robot girl! Damd you too hell! I'll wind you up. I'll wind you up good.
Chacamaru: Aaaah! You are going too forceful.
- Chapter 339: Where to begin? Aged-up Fate, Negi and Kotaro are invited to a karaoke bar by Sakurako, Kakizaki and Kugimiya. Feitas (Fate's on-the-spot name) scoring 100 (by singing Enka), Kojirou (Kotaro) scoring 25 and Nagi (Negi) scoring a measly 10. The look on Fate's face is priceless. Also, Fate was just waiting for it to be 6:00 to administer remedial classes to the girls.
- Not to mention the cheerleaders simultaneously asking Nagi, Kojiro, and Feitas out... right before their age pills wear off. Then there's the different reactions of the 3 girls to the whole situation, while being oblivious to Chamo asking them if their wondering about the involvement of magic.
- Chapter 340 centers around a flashback to Negi forming a Pactio with Ayaka. Given this is Ayaka we're talking about, Hilarity Ensues.
Negi: T-that was a dream. Please forget about it!
- Forget about Negi in a sailor uniform, what's truly hilarious is the fact that Ayaka's grabs Negi and begins to kiss him even harder, almost reversing the pactio ritual and giving Negi a card instead of her in the process.
- Chizuru also gets one (Kotaro looks jealous). Go on, guess what she's carrying on her card. And then when she stats quizzing Kotaro about his pactio with Natsume as well as offering to form one with him...Natsume's facial expression after overhearing everything just sums it up.
- Earlier in the chapter, Asuna and Ayaka meet up with the boys, and Fate gives a rather vaguely blunt report on what happened in the previous chapter. Cue Asuna giving both Negi and Kotaro a Double Neck Lift.
- Chapter 341 starts off with Asuna coming home to the dorms and finding Setsuna treating her like a "Princess". Asuna snaps and scolds her for it. Setsuna goes around asking some of their classmates about their futures, ending with Setsuna thinking of her future with Konoka(Read: Delusion. Also read: sex. "I see it! This is it—this is the best future for me!").
Eva: You moron.
- In chapter 341 Mana explains her dream is "to put a smile on the children's faces", and in the meantime she's paying for a children's home. Really moving, Setsuna is embarrassed for not having seen it previously... And then we have this:
Mana: "Well, that was all lies, anyway."
Mana: "No, that was a lie."
Setsuna: "Which one is it?!"
- Chapter 342 might have a very serious discussion in the foreground, but in the background, Takamichi is doing a submission hold on Godel.
- The first part of Eva vs Negi fight. Eva, thinking she can go all out on Negi, bitchslaps him through a wall. Cue WTF face from her, Asuna, and Setsuna.
- Setsuna's thoughts on Negi's possible inability to age to his possible sex life.
- Everyone starts angsting about how Negi is seemingly immortal, when Kurt Godel gives a Hot-Blooded rant about how Living Forever Is Awesome. Cue Takamichi going, "What the hell is wrong with you!?"
- Chapter 343: Negi ends an epic fight by sneezing and destroying Asuna's and Evangeline's clothes. He promptly gets punched into the air by Asuna.
- Between the sneeze and the punch they all crash-land with Evangeline ending siting on Negi's face.
- Asuna once tried to light her crush's cigarette, but accidentally lit his beard instead. She then doused the fire with the first liquid she could get her hands on — piping hot tea.
- Chapter 344: "The Enemy of Womankind, Negi!". The girls have come to the conclusion that even though Negi has just won the hearts of almost all the girls in the class and Pactioed 15 of them, his mind is still on his father so he's oblivious to their feelings (granted that he's 10-12 years old). Asakura promises to come up with a plan to solve this problem. Negi, meanwhile, gets the chills.
- And don't forget the part where the cheerleader trio are finally let in on the Pactio system, never mind finding out that more than half the class have one with Negi. And given that it was done by kissing...
- Chapter 345: Takane comes for a rematch with Negi. Negi beats her, without any Clothing Damage. She flies into rage over it, telling him to "either strip her, or marry her".
- Also there's Ayaka's response to Negi carrying her in a Bridal Carry. She nosebleeds and says while blushing that she "has no regrets in life."
- Chapter 347: Chachamaru vs Chisame. The fight ends with Al-Iskandaria firing by accident and they both get Clothing Damage via Strip Beam (which Chisame's familiars quickly changed Al-Iskandaria into before it fired so that it won't kill them).
- Chapter 348 has even more of Class 3A's hijinks going over the top, all for the sake of forcing Negi to tell everyone who is favorite is:
- How to deal with a rather invincible Asuna? Paru makes a fake Takamichi that distacts Asuna so that the twins tie her up to a flagpole while she's not looking.
- Negi powers up to try and deal with the situation, but gets incapacitated in to steps: Ako uses her artifact's new feature, which screws up his sense of direction, then Chizuru finally uses hers, which paralyzes Negi. What makes the whole thing funny is where Negi is hit in both cases, but Chizuru's Ass Shove, where she literally holds Negi up with her leek, tops it all.
- You can still see Chizuru's artifact stuck up Negi's butt here after Honya and Yue distract everyone and escape with him. And there's the part where Akira has to pull it out of him - just look at her reaction.
- Chapter 350, Asuna's having her own private graduation ceremony one week early in order to get started with her hundred-year stay in the Magical World, and things are about to turn into a sad goodbye...and then she tells Takahata to have a proper wife and child so that in a hundred years she can get with one of his great-grandsons (and reveals some Shipper on Deck tendencies for Takahata/Shizuna).
- Chapter 351: The updates to Negi's class roster can be pretty funny, none more so than the fact that Haruna is wanted in the Magical world... something to do with the Paru-sama. Other standouts include: Natsumi and "Kotarou-kun's girlfriend" (crossed out), and "Is the demon realm Venus!?"
- If one of the extra chapters is to be believed, then Haruna is wanted for the works she wrote while separated in the magic world, and which got her enough money to buy the Paru-sama. So what did she write? Haruna introduced Yaoi to the magic world. After getting filthy rich from it a bunch of cops busted down her door and she escaped in the Paru-sama (which was apparently commissioned for just such an event) all while cackling maniacally.
- Even the first few pages of the chapter was in itself a funny bit: Setsuna (while asleep) unconsciously grabbing on Asuna's *ehrm* developed parts... who then hits her hard on the head with a pillow mistaking her for Negi... who was trying to grab on to Setsuna, but manages to pull off her pajama pants... AND Ayaka still grabbing on Negi's legs, drooling...
- Chapter 353: What reunion would be complete without Negi blowing all the girls clothes off?
- Chapter 354: Yue serving her guests tea in a test tube and flask, after brewing it via alchemy. Plus the looks on her guests' faces.
- Also in 354: Remember that bounty hunter who enjoyed Skinship Groping everyone she met? Well, she's back, and has apparently become Jack Rakan's apprentice.
- Chapter 355: Despite being the final one, it still has some funny bits:
- Upon meeting Negi's dad in the flesh, Makie cordially greets him, calling him "father" out of panic...
- Nagi saying that he's quite beat up... despite Eva and Jack repetitively hitting him...
- After Negi introduced the Ala Alba to his father:
Nagi: Oh... (starts throwing light jabs at Negi) Why is it all girls? Wahahahaha!
Negi: (catching all of his dad's jabs with his hands) It was a Girls' High! What choice do I have?
Jack: (murmuring in the background, slightly pissed) Bunch of guys not good enough for you, that what you're saying?
- Occasionally, the AQS scanlators put rewritten panels instead of random artwork. Panels such as this and this are just screaming to be laughed at.
- During the Rakan/Negi fight, Rakan manages to counter Negi's Lightning Instant Movement, then assures him it was still an impressive trick.
Rakan: I doubt there are eight guys in the world who could counter that! Of course, I just explained how to beat it on international television, so it's probably about eighty or so now...
- Funny on its own, but the real payoff is about a hundred chapters later, when Negi uses Perpetual Lightning Form on Fate...who expertly counters it. When Negi asks how he did, Fate just says "I was watching your fight with Jack Rakan." Negi's you-have-got-to-be-joking face has to be seen to be believed.