open/close all folders
DiC animated series
- A Lampshade Wearing moment in the episode Madeline and the Big Cheese. Danielle and Madeline has to come up with an impromptu way to lull Lord Cucuface to sleep so... well, see the TV.com summary.
Madeline: Psst, Danielle, you be the queenDanielle: Me? Queen who?Madeline: thinks AHA! Puts lampshade over Danielle's head Queen Lampshade!Danielle: Fine, and you be Princess Drapery!
- "Greybeard?! How terrible!" "Terrible indeed. Especially since he died 200 years ago."
- Whenever Maestro Stroganoff bursts into tears in "Madeline and the Old Violin."
- "Who ever heard of a Joan of Arc with polka dots?"
- When Madeline asks why LaCroque got her name (she used to be called "La Jolie Fleur"):
Henri: She wilted.
- "There will be no laughing here! Laughing is banished! Smiling is banned! Happiness is... is..."
Henri: Verboten?LaCroque: When I need your help with words, Henri, you will be invited to speak!
- ANY scene with The Idiots, from being shouted to by Leopold, to setting each other's helmets on fire.
- Lord Covington stepping on dog poop near the end of the film. His reaction is hilarious!
- After Madeline is released from the hospital, Helen's car is forced to wait behind a lorry, causing the cook to remember her first husband, who was a lorry driver, and call him a stupid man. After a minute, she gets frustrated and proceeds to go around it, much to Madeline's shock.
- "The Spanish ambassador's a midget?"'
- The debate on eating a chicken, "Fred", that Madeline "befriended" in Helen's car. It turns into half the class making chicken noises at Vicky, who gleefully chose to eat it. Then Lord Covington catches them in the act.
Miss Clavel: Everyone is entitled to her opinion. If Vicky wants to eat "Fred"... the chicken...
- "Don't kill the nun!" "Forget the nun, DON'T KILL THE IDIOTS!"