- A number of Bella's notes can be absolutely hilarious:
Jasper messes with (physical) components of mood (do not want)
- Bella's Spy Speak conversation, when she notes that neither party needed to keep the coded speak, but it was hard to be the first one to stop
- Bella making Aro speechless for full four seconds by revealing that she wanted Gianna to bear her children.
- Rachel futilely insisting she is still what she's always believed herself to be.
"Look, whatever, just - I'm human. Period," said Rachel, folding her arms, and then she destroyed the borrowed clothes in a burst of fur.
- Elspeth remembering her parents honeymoon
- Most Evil Person In The Car Award
- When Cath and Ilario first meet and become mates. Maggie's reaction is priceless.
- Also Later:
"Ilario Trafeli," Maggie hollered, "get your pants on and be hospitable on behalf of Ireland—"
- Also Later:
- Siobhan, to Bella, almost certainly deadpan.
If you could guarantee a continuous shield over anyone, then there would be absolutely nothing stopping you and Allirea from walking in the front door and assassinating everybody you didn't like and stopping to paint each other's fingernails halfway through.
- Not to mention the repeated references to painting nails whenever that strategy is brought up again.
- Elspeth, at the end of a completely serious description of putting Edward back together.
[T]he ankle connected to the shinbone, this would be a terrible time to start singing -
- Bella, describing eating animals.
Side effects include pretty eyes and less of an impulse to murder people.
- Elspeth gets Seth to be present during his parents' resurrection by chanting in Latin while applying makeup. In her very best ominous voice.
- The introduction to Phil and Renee
"Honey!" Phil yelled up the stairs. "There's two teenage girls, a teenage boy, and a man and a woman here with what they say is good news and no visible scriptures! They know our names! I'm a bit confused!"
- Meetings: When Cath and Ilario first meet. Yes, again. And Ilario's reaction to Maggie's reaction adds even more pricelessness.