Funny / Lilo & Stitch
Shaking it like The King
. (Also, where is that spotlight coming from?)
Funny moments in other franchise works:
Lilo & Stitch
- The "Inter-Stitch-al" trailers for the film in which Stitch disrupts the Award Bait Song scenes from other Disney films. Such as Beauty and the Beast, in which Stitch crashes the chandelier, the Beast and Belle roll out of the way, Belle huffs "I'll be in my room!" and stomps off, Stitch giving off a Wolf Whistle as she passes by, saying "get your own movie!"
- Stitch stealing Jasmine from under Aladdin's nose, with the princess strangely interested in the small fuzzy alien. Poor Ali.
- Then there is also Stitch surfing in just as Ariel is about to sing "Part of Your World" with the waves crashing behind her... pause it at the right time and her face is just priceless.
- Which doubles as a meta CMOA: because that movie was made before Disney switched to digital ink and paint, the crew animated it with cels and an analog camera. For one joke!
- Not to mention the trailer taking place in The Lion King. All the animals gather at Pride Rock during "Circle of Life", only for Rafiki to hold up Stitch instead of Simba. Cue a bunch of panicked animals, Rafiki running like hell, and Stitch attempting to roar.
Timon: "Hey, that's not Simba!"
- "Created something? Ha! But that would be irresponsible and unethical! I would never, ever..." (Stitch is revealed) "...make more than one."
- Near the beginning after Stitch has made his grand escape to Earth, the Grand Councilwoman watches as the screen displays where he will crash.
Councilwoman: (sees the ship over the Pacific Ocean) He won't survive in water. His molecular density is too great.
(officers and workers smile and nod at the luck)
- Jumba losing it, ripping apart the newspaper announcing his incarceration and stuffing the pieces in his mouth...right as the Grand Councilwoman and Pleakley walk in.
- Then he notices them and, instead of being embarrassed about being caught acting crazy, he merely lets off an evil chuckle and asks the Grand Councilwoman if 626 got away.
- At the very start we see a bunch of fish, something flashes by the screen blink and you'll miss it, what is it? A random fish with a peanut butter sandwich in it's mouth...
- This exchange is very highly quoted among some groups of people. From the very beginning (and please feel free to correct wording):
are you all wet? Lilo:
It's sandwich day. Moses: (nonplussed) Lilo: (huge sigh)
Every Thursday, I have to give Pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich. Moses:
...Pudge is a fish
And today we were out of peanut butter. So I asked my sister what to give him and she said a tuna
sandwich. I can't give Pudge tuna
Do you know what tuna is? Moses:
...Fish? Lilo: It's FISH!
If I gave Pudge tuna, I'd be an abomination
! I'm late because I had to go to the store, and get some peanut butter, cause all we have is... is STINKING TUNA
Lilo, Lilo, why is this so important
? Lilo: (suddenly calm)
Pudge controls the weather.
- Watching Mertle's face during this exchange is hilarious. She's just so jaw-droppingly confused.
- Then we find out that Lilo's parents died in a rainstorm and it immediately stops being funny.
- Lilo's first meeting with Bubbles.
Did you ever kill anyone? (beat) Bubbles:
...We're getting off the subject.
- Lilo and the voodoo doll spoons.
"My friends need to be punished."
- Cobra: In case you're wondering, this did not go well. (effortlessly pulls open the previously nailed-up door)
- Lilo and Nani's fight afterwards is as hysterically relatable as it is depressing.
Nani: Answer me!
Nani: No, you don't understand??
Nani: NO, WHAT!?
- Stitch's landing on Earth.
Lilo: (wishing upon the shooting star that is Stitch's stolen ship) Maybe send me an angel! The nicest angel you have.
(626 hops out of the burning wreckage of his ship and laughs maniacally.)
- When Pleakley criticizes Jumba for almost shooting Lilo, lectures him on the Mosquito food chain, and gives the viewmaster toy to him that he used earlier to show the Grand Councilwoman Earth. It becomes clear that Jumba cannot see into it because his eyes are too far apart.
- After Stitch steals a tricycle, Jumba talks about how his programming will draw him to large cities, where he'll causes chaos (back-up sewers, reverse street signs, steal everyone's left shoe.....). Stitch cycles around the island trying to find an city, only for Lilo to tell him that there isn't one and he has a fit.
- After failing to find a large city, Stitch is forced to spend the day with Lilo and Nani, which is borderline torture for him as he has to pretend to be nice. This includes: Lilo trying to get Stitch to play fetch, and squirting him with a water bottle when he refuses, and then he tosses the bottle away. When it's lunchtime, Nani refuses to give Stitch a sandwich, making him ball up his fist, only to be reminded by a nearby Jumba that they are just waiting for him to lose his patience, making him growl and reluctantly give Lilo a hug. The real kicker is when he sees a spaceship-themed coin ride at a grocery store. He tries to get it to start like a real spaceship, only for Lilo to insert a quarter and climb in, the slow rocking driving Stitch to just flop lifelessly in the ride as Lilo enjoys herself. The cherry on top is Jumba.
Jumba: (while stirring a fruity tourist drink) "Haha! When you're ready to give up, just let us know, eh?"
- David's pathetic attempts at flirting with Nani at the restaurant:
- This exchange, when Nani first sees Pleakley and Jumba in disguise:
Nani: (to Pleakley) Your head looks swollen.
Jumba: Actually, she's just ugly.
- Nani gets fired from her job after Stitch attacks Pleakley:
Did you lose your job because of Stitch and me? Nani:
Nah. The manager's a vampire
. And he wanted me to join his legion of the undead. Lilo: (quietly) I knew it.
- After Lilo tells Stitch to build something and he sets out creating a scale model of San Francisco.
Lilo: (completely deadpan) Wow. San Francisco.
- Pleakley discovering the dietary habits of Earth's most "endangered" species which is later revealed to be a ruse by Cobra Bubbles.
Look! A mosquito has chosen me as her perch! She's so...beautiful...look! Another one! And another one...why, it's a whole flock! And they like me! They're nuzzling my flesh with their noses! And now they're, uh... they're
... (camera cuts away to an aerial view as Pleakley gets swarmed by them) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- When Lilo shows Nani that Stitch can used as an amplifier for Lilo's record player. Nani's expression sells it.
- When Cobra confronts Nani about losing her job, Stitch walks up behind Nani while holding a book. He stares innocently at Cobra for a moment, growls and, without any provocation at all, chucks the freaking book at Cobra's face.
- When one of the lenses of Cobra's sunglasses pops out as a belated reaction to the hit.
- Stitch learning to dance (in about twenty seconds).
- This dialogue during Jumba and Stitch's fight:
Jumba: Come on! What's the big deal?
Stitch: Inga tu shmeeshta!
Jumba: I'll put you back together again. I'll make you taller and not so fluffy!
Stitch: I LIKE FLUFFY!
- And after Jumba tosses plates through the ceiling which Stitch is on, Stitch says something in alien that vaguely sounds like a Your Mom insult and Jumba's hilarious response to it:
- "BLUE PUNCH BUGGY!" (Stitch whacks Jumba with a blue punch bug car, owner: Nani) "NO PUNCH BACKS!"
- Once there's a full-fledged brawl between aliens going on in her living room, Lilo calls her social worker:
Lilo: (on the phone with Bubbles) Cobra Bubbles? Aliens are attacking my house. They want my dog! (pause) Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!
Bubbles: Lilo! Don't hang-
- This exchange while the house is under attack
Jumba: (plugs up the plasma gun with a carrot)
You shouldn't play with guns. Stitch:
Oh, okay. (casually hands it back to him as it begins to overload) Jumba:
Thank you. (slowly dawning realization)
Oh! I just remembered! It's your birthday! Happy Birthday! (hands it back) Stitch: (throws it back to him)
Merry Christmas! Jumba: (throws it back)
It's not Christmas. Stitch: (throws it back)
Happy Hanukkah! Jumba: (as Pleakley scoops up Lilo and carries her away from the house)
It's not Hanukkah! Lilo
: We're leaving Stitch? Pleakley
: Trust me! This is NOT gonna end well! Jumba: (they continue tossing the gun back and forth)
One potato! Stitch:
Two potato! Jumba:
Three potato! Stitch:
Five potato! Stitch:
Six potato! Jumba:
Seven potato more! Stitch:
Are... Stitch: (disappointed)
It. Jumba: (triumphantly holding the gun up) HAH! I win! (KA-BOOM!!!; house explodes)
- Nani confronts Stitch after everything hits the fan, whacking him with a branch.
Nani: Where is she? Talk! I know you can!
Stitch: (stands up, groaning) Okay, okay...
Nani: (screams in terror and whacks him again)
- Stitch talking Jumba into going to rescue Lilo.
Jumba: What?! After all you put me through, you expect me to help you just like that? Just like that?!
Pleakley: "Fine"? You're doing what he says?
Jumba: He's very persuasive.
- From the climax, we get this priceless line from Pleakley:
Pleakley: Oh, good!
I was hoping to add theft, endangerment and INSANITY
to the list of things I did today! Jumba:
Ha! You too?! (Stitch laughs maniacally)
- This exchange:
Gantu: (to Stitch) Abomination.
- And what follows from that:
- It should also be noted that when he lifts Gantu's hand up and off, Stitch has his second pair of arms folded, making a statement about how effortless this is for him. Which just makes it funnier considering Gantu is supposed to be more big and strong than he.
- The look on David's face when Lilo asks him to give everyone a lift to the shore - Lilo, Stitch, Nani, Pleakley, Jumba, and Gantu (although the last one is probably big enough to just wade).
"Uhh...sure. But I'll have to make two trips."
- Before the Grand Councilwoman can take Stitch, Cobra gently reminds Lilo of her certificate of ownership. Without hesitation Lilo marches up to the Councilwoman, tugs on her robe and says:
- Then, when the Grand Councilwoman hears her and looks around surprised. It takes her a second to realize that she should look down.
- The revelation of Cobra Bubbles previous employment. He is a former CIA agent that saved the world once when he "Convinced an alien race that mosquitoes are an endangered species." Suddenly Pleakley's claims at the start that humans are intellectually inferior become doubly hilarious.
- The Grand Councilwoman even recognizes Cobra. They met at Roswell back in 1978. "Ah yes. You had hair then."
- The ending montage, with moments such as Stitch exchanging a lollipop for a bottle with a baby, and then dressing as Batman using a recently-cleaned pair of undies as a cowl. Nani is not amused.
- The deleted Tsunami scene. After feeling the brunt of racist white tourists asking if she speaks English and then mangling basic Hawaiian, Lilo learns that a siren test will be going off soon, then goes down to the beach and begins ranting about tsunamis who's giant waves "move faster than the speed of sound," with the siren being the only warning, concluding with an incredibly dramatic "TOURISTS, PREPARE TO DIE!" Cue the siren test and all of the beachgoers (plus Jumba and Pleakley) running for their lives.