open/close all folders
- Some champions' jokes.
- One of Xerath's meme-laden joke quotes:
POWER LANING! POWER FARMING! POWER GANKING! POWER KILLS! SO MANY KILLS! 400 KILLS!note
- Even funnier when you realize that, due to his insatiable thirst for power, Xerath literally had MORE ENERGY THAN HIS BODY HAD ROOM FOR! So he got rid of it.
- Xerath even has ENERGY LEGS.
- He's also made of lightning. REAL LIGHTNING!
- Ziggs's joke emote is hilarious, and his quote seals the deal.
Come on, does this look dangerous to you?
- Or his other joke line.
- One of Vi's jokes is not getting why her Talk to the Fist policy never gets results, but it also involves Vi going hilariously high pitched roleplaying her 'victim'.
- In the Japanese version, the contrast is even more obvious, Vi there normally sounds super gruffy aggressive, but when 'roleplaying', she suddenly sounds so sensual like someone asking to be spanked.
- While Nautilus' joke itself is a rather lame pun, the animation in which he performs his joke with is him SWIMMING IN MID-AIR. It's as bizarre-looking as it sounds, especially considering Nautilus himself. One of the loading screen hints even says "He's weird like that" in reference to the animation.
- The classic Shout-Out joke by Pantheon. It fits him so well, and yet it will still bring a grin to your face. The delivery fits so well that for the shout out line, Pantheon was all shouting and serious, but then goes very laid back, the Mood Whiplash is just grin-worthy.
- Before her remake, Poppy simply had No Sense of Humor. After her remake, she has a sense of humour- she just Cannot Tell a Joke. She starts telling an incredibly long (by League standards) joke, only to fluff the punchline- twice!
- Jhin's joke involves him spinning his gun, only to clumsily drop it and have it fire all over the place while he cowers back in fear, then nervously picking it back up when it stops. Combined with the exaggerated, almost cartoonish animation, it's a weird image.
- An interesting variant, Taliyah is the first champion to automatically react to other player champions' jokes. When allies joke, she laughs, but against an enemy joke:
Taliyah: Huh. I guess that's funny from where you come from.
- As well, consider the possibility that if at least two other champions are in a Mirror Match, she could feasibly laugh to her ally's joke then say this when it's said by the enemy.
- The PROJECT: Ashe skin has her call to Avarosa, who it turns out is just a small hovering drone, leading to this exchange:
Ashe: Avarosa, guide me!Drone: In 400 feet, turn left.Ashe: Thanks, Avarosa!
- One of Xerath's meme-laden joke quotes:
- Some champions' taunts!:
- Tahm Kench's tearing into enemy champions:
(to Ahri) "You're as modest as a freshly-paid courtesan note ."
(to Ashe) "Girl, you got as much 'foresight' as a blindfolded mole."
(to Azir) "You're the emperor - of mashed potatoes and gravy."
(to Braum) "My mustache will eat yours."
(to Darius) "You're as subtle as a gold codpiece."
(to Draven) "At least the rumor of your vanity isn't overrated."
(to Jinx) "Girl, if brains were dynamite, you'd be a dud."
(to Nami) "The tides call you sashimi."
(to Xerath) "A slave's mind is never free, but I suspect you got yours on discount."
- When he isn't being incredibly disturbing, resident Mad Artist Jhin has a wickedly deadpan sense of humor with his many champion-specific taunts.
(to Draven) "I find your work very, very... obvious."
(to Illaoi) "When you speak, I don't hear god, I hear an idiot babbling."
(also to Illaoi) "You can take my soul... if you'll shut up."
(to Sion) "Break a leg! Hehe, oh. 'Break a leg', hehe... ah, delightful. I do cut myself up."
(to Tahm Kench) "You have too many lines."note
(also to Tahm Kench) "Oh, before you ask, yes, your whole ensemble makes you look fat. Very fat."
- Not that he doesn't have the massive power to back it up, but Aurelion Sol's sheer dismissiveness towards who he considers beneath him (in other words, everyone aside from Jinx and Jhin) makes Smaug seem like the paragon of humility. And he is hilarious.
(to Ahri) "You aspire to be human? Oh, darling, there are so many other variants on mediocrity!”
(to Amumu) “I am overwhelmed by an emotion when you are not around. It is called... happiness.”
(to Malphite) “There is a saying on this planet, ‘Dumb as a rock.’ It’s not a compliment.”
(to Nasus) “Bravo, Nasus, you’ve ascended yourself into a dog! Now fetch me something more interesting.”
(to Renekton) “That whole practice of Ascension is adorably amusing, like a kitten trying to walk upright.”
(to Riggle, held by Dragon Trainer Tristana) "Oh, come on! Have a little self respect!"
(to Shyvana) “Almost interesting. Almost.”
(to Vi) “You are you going to punch a star dragon? Good luck with that.”
- Taliyah has her moments of stupidly funny taunts.
(To Ekko) "Did the Earth Move for You, Too?... Did I Just Say That Out Loud?"
(To Fiddlesticks) "Don't be silly, scarecrows can't talk."
(To Rammus) "You sure you're alright/okay?"
(To Ryze) "This time, rock beats paper!"
(To Taric) "Ooooohh, you're pretty. Guys can be pretty, right?"
(To Braum as Freljord Taliyah) "You love goat's milk? I LOVE GOAT'S MILK!"
- The very concept of Jinx being a heroic Star Guardian is amusing on its own, but thankfully for her fans, she retains her deranged, manic sense of humor in her taunts.
(To Star Guardian Janna): "Hey, Janna! You might want to look into a retirement plan."
(To Star Guardian Lulu): "You can learn a lot from Lulu. Just not sure what."
(To Star Guardian Lux): "Only Lux could make battle so boring."
(Also to Star Guardian Lux): "Lux even makes boring beautiful."
(To anyone with a Mecha skin): "I AM A MECH. I AM PROGRAMMED TO LOSE."
(To anyone from the Void): "Wait, does Void refer to your home, or your head?"
(To another Star Guardian Jinx): "Wait. I look like that!?"
(In one of her jokes): "So, Shiro, what was in the Star Guardian contract I signed?"note
- In spite of how dark she is, Camille has a remarkably classy sense of deadpan humor. Even better for her, she taunts her enemies while attacking them, rather than simply being a limited emote, allowing her to really shine through.
(Attacking Annie): Oh, I'm not playing with you.
(Attacking Blitzcrank): Oh my... can someone put a sheet over this hat rack?
(Attacking Caitlyn): Did Daddy buy you that gun? note
(Taunting Caitlyn): Belts? Is dressing like a commoner fashion now?
(Attacking Darius): How very... Noxian of you.
(Killing Ezreal): Next time, take the map.
(Attacking Kled): You know, I don't even believe in you.
(Killing Ryze): SCISSORS. BEATS. PAPER.
(Attacking Volibear): You would look better as a rug in my foyer.
(Killing Wukong): Monkey see, monkey die.
(Attacking Zac): I am a weapon. You're some sort of... pudding.
- She actually has lines for when she kills the same enemy champion up to three times in a row. The BM potential says it all, really.
- Tahm Kench's tearing into enemy champions:
- With Poppy's rework, the splash arts of all her skins were updated. In her Lollipoppy skin, one of the lollipops in the background has the old skin's face, and she also puts on a similar face in her dance animation.
- Syndra, the Ionian dark sorceress that killed her master, lifted up a castle to the sky and bursts foes with her powerful dark balls of energy; cheerfully hops her energy balls like a little girl when the player presses Ctrl+1.
- Guardian Angel is an armor that revives you on the spot with roughly half your HP on death, playing the animation in reverse to simulate getting up. Kog'Maw's death animation involves him exploding, so it would be kind of weird on him if he should somehow equip it. Thus, Riot has the item coded to play his dance emote when its ability goes off instead.
- Fun with alternate skins:
- Nunu's "Grungy Nunu" skin dresses him as Oscar the Grouch and Willump as Cookie Monster.
- Annie's "Reverse Annie" skin dresses her as Tibbers...while also dressing Tibbers as Annie.
- Ryze's "Uncle Ryze" skin dresses him as Uncle Sam and turns his scroll into the U.S. Constitution.
- Kog'Maw's "Monarch Kog'Maw" skin turns him into a butterfly with girlish eyelashes.
- Morgana's "Sinful Succulence Morgana" skin puts her in a baker outfit, though the humor mainly comes from the skin's portrait where she's frustrated over burning her gingerbread men.
- Heimerdinger's "Blast Zone Heimerdinger" skin makes him look like he was caught in an explosion, hence the name.
- Gragas' "Gragas, Esq" skin features all the drunken uncouthness of regular Gragas in a high class suit.
- Karthus' "Statue of Karthus" skin dresses him as the Statue of Liberty.
- Urf the Manatee. It's not Warwick in manatee clothing, we swear.
- Related, Corki's "Urfrider Corki" skin replaces his copter with Urf.
- Olaf's "Brolaf" skin gives him a polo shirt and jeans, turns his helmet into a beer drinking helmet, and turns his axes into ones made of recycled beer boxes.
- Cho'Gath's "Gentleman Cho'Gath" puts him in a top hat, monocle and a fancy coat. Like Brolaf above, it also comes with new voice clips.
- Thresh's "Deep Terror Thresh" skin has a unique recall animation where he fishes up a treasure chest and rests a foot atop it proudly. He doesn't always catch it though.
- Renekton's "Pool Party Renekton" suits him up as a lifeguard, but the best part is his Recall. And that's before some people decided to go to town with it.
- Who is that large lumpy man in the poorly fitting suit? Whoever it is, it is Definitely Not Blitzcrank.
- The Arcade Miss Fortune skin wasn't that much hysterical. However, when she recalls, she will call out a TV and plays something similar to Duck Hunt. Apparently she failed, and Gangplank pops up to taunt her like that goddamn dog. She promptly takes out her gun and shoots the TV.
- Final Boss Veigar is a loving reference to all sorts of video game villains, but one of the simpler joys is his /dance emote, where he shoves his staff into the cuff of his right hand, enlarges it to roughly his own size, and allows his apparently-sentient staff to dance alongside him.◊
- Omega Squad Veigar. It puts him in fatigues to match Teemo's, but grants him none of the grim darkness. The animations for the skin actually make him more goofy and emotive, his eyes shifting into various shapes to accentuate his mood. The crowned jewel is his recall animation, which has him set up a missile launcher, only for it to not really launch the missile after priming it, leading to him to mash his controller's button to summon an evac.
- Poro Rider Sejuani, which has a Giant Poro as a mount and a Poro-Snax as a flail.
- Three words: Dunk. Master. Darius.
- Two more words: Gentleman Gnar. Sophisticated as Hell made manifest, especially the hilarious recall animations for both forms.
- Pool Party Rek'Sai. Her recall has her chomp down a poor frog, and her ult has her ride a jet ski... which somehow sounds like a tugboat! (no, really)
- Many of Dragon Trainer Tristana's new lines; i.e., upon buying a Statikk Shiv, one of her responses is her telling Riggle not to chew it, only for him to do exactly that and get electrified. She also tears into other champions such as Quinn ("Cool eagle, what does it breathe? Air?"), threatens to cook Azir, and is horrified at the sight of enemy champions using the Dragonslayer skin line (*gasp* "What are you wearing?!”).
- Everything about Primetime Draven. Just check out what happens when a self-absorbed narcissist becomes a shoutcaster for his own match. Really (click on the Primetime link on this).
- Speaking of Draven, the Draven Draven skin features Draven with a comically oversized version of his head.◊ He'll even bop the head if he dies!
- In Pool Party Fiora's recall animation she gets into a sword fight with a crab, which ends with her disarming it and kicking it away.
- The second set of SKT T1 skins (commemorating the team's Season 5 World Championship victory) features unique recall animations based on the members' suggestions (except for Marin, who declined, so they made one from scratch), most of them being as comical as they sound.
- Wolf's submission video had him accidentally knock over a chair while doing his pose, so the logical conclusion? Have SKT Alistar do the same thing.
- Faker's submission simply had him brushing his hair (which is already amusing, since Ryze is bald), but then Riot went the extra mile and had him suddenly perform Faker's famous on-stage roll.
- Bang's submission is by far the most out of left-field, having SKT Kalista do The Monkey before leaping into the air and flashing the peace sign, complete with an Audible Gleam!
- In Candy King Ivern's recall, he's surrounded by sentient gingerbread men and blowing kisses. When he accidentally knocks one of the gingerbread men over and tastes the icing it left on his hand, he begins rapidly eating all of them while they're all still alive and screaming.
- Snow Day Graves' recall has him tamper with his snowblower-shotgun, and sticking his head toward the barrel for a look. He then accidentally fires a snowman's head into his face, complete with coal and branch as eyes and eyebrows, and a carrot for a cigar!
- Dreadnova Gangplank's recall animation randomly spawns an airlock as well as a tiny green alien, leading a confused Gangplank to punt it before aiming his gun at it (with the alien adorably putting its tentacles up in the air). And then a giant tentacle emerges from the airlock and drags him through before he can fire his shot. The kicker is that while returning to spawn, he and the tentacle must've had an awesome offscreen struggle, because he lands alongside it, cleanly chopped off.
- The sheer cartoonish redundancy of the Moo Cow Alistar skin is already funny on its own, but its recall animation adds to it by having him pull out a milk bottle for a trio of Meowkai's weird alien cat things, tossing aside the cork but unknowingly bonking one of them out cold. The funniest bit is that as the other two rush towards the saucer, Alistar does a quick headcount, but by the instant he gets to the third one, the recall completes before he can appropriately react to it.
- The occasional Funny Back/Foreground Events in the skin portraits can be worth a chuckle or two.
- "Sinful Succulence Morgana": As stated prior, it's not just her baker's outfit that's hilarious, but also that she overbaked her gingerbread men.
- "Pool Party Ziggs": Ziggs does a cannonball, much to the chagrin of Garen, Katarina and Darius.
- "Pool Party Leona": Taric chases after Lux, much to Ezreal's dismay. The best part? Taric does the Girly Run.
- "Heartseeker Vayne": Apparently Dr. Mundo asks Vayne to go on a date, and she replies with an arrow on his back.
- "Forecast Janna": Teemo is flying in a tornado behind Janna.
- "Dino Gnar": Gnar is playing with figurines of Garen and Katarina. Katarina appears to be running towards Garen's loving embrace.
- "Nurse Akali": Poor Amumu is Afraid of Needles.
- "Kennen, M.D.": Cho'Gath looking worried. Also, his X-ray shows that he ate a minion, complete with both their skeletons...
- "Cottontail Fizz": Fizz is running from a giant rabbit along with a terrified Cottontail Teemo.
- "Bewitching Nidalee": Nidalee is flying away from an angry mob while holding onto a cat by the front leg making the most hilariously terrified face.◊
- "Pool Party Fiora◊": Demacia's most skilled swordswoman leaves Tryndamere, Darius, Katarina and Ashe speechless. Garen is also there cheering her on. She also broke Tryndamere's pool noodle.
- "Pool Party Miss Fortune◊" has a really easy-to-miss one, in that if you look closely, you'll realize that Pool Party Lee Sin is holding his phone upside-down.
- "Pool Party Taric◊": The reworked Ezreal "boyfriend" has him in full fanservicey Baywatch mode attracting the attention of the beauties Fiora and Miss Fortune, and a quite pleased Braum. There's even a blond who might be Ezreal, though there's not enough detail to be sure.
- The dances in general will cause you bust a gut laughing. Some are expected, such as Olaf's dance being based on "Techno Viking" and Corki "Doing A Barrel Roll". Some, however, are completely out of left field, like Twisted Fate channeling his inner K-Pop star by dancing to "Gangnam Style"!
- Elise, a Ms. Fanservice champion with an extra emphasis on her legs, has the Can-Can for her dance emote. This carries over to her spider form where she actually forms an impromptu chorus line with her spiderlings. The results will make you spit your drink across the room.
- Urgot, the undead cyborg monstrosity, does the Kirby Victory Dance!
- What is probably the best one, however, doesn't even belong to a champion. Vilemaw, the boss for the Shadow Isles version of Twisted Treeline, is a gigantic undead spider. Dancing within a certain radius of him makes him do The Carlton Dance.
- Malzahar would like you to know that you can't touch this.
- Pre-VU Kassadin does the sprinkler.
- Post-VU Garen would like you to do The Monkey with him.
- Post-rework/VU Poppy's dance is a reference to the Grunka Lunkas, expies of Oompa Loompas. The fact that Poppy herself has an Oompa Loompa skin in the form of Lollipoppy is already amusing enough, but it's even better when she ends up making her infamous, creepy-as-hell Lollipoppy face.
- PROJECT: Ashe's dance emote has her handing her bow to her "Avarosa" drone, which then begins spinning mid-air, providing a convenient lightshow and bangin' music to dance to!
- Sion's new ultimate, Unstoppable Onslaught, has lines that he shouts while using it. Normally terrifying. Hearing him shouting “COWARDS!" while running away from the enemy team? Hilarious.
Sion (To Urgot): So, uh... Urgot... We can't hang out any more. I'm cool now.
- Sion has arguably one of the best special interactions in the game when using his joke near an enemy Urgot, taking a stab at how they both used to be incredibly unpopular, archaic champions until Sion got his rework.
- Goes even more hilarious after mid-2017, because Urgot gets a rework there and he's probably cooler now.
- The Discount Demons Bundle was a bundle of skins that were mostly demonic- and spectral-themed, including Blood Moon Thresh, Underworld Wukong, Reaper Soraka, Underworld Twisted Fate, Dark Crystal Ryze... then there was Lollipoppy.
- In a small, but highly amusing bit of Black Comedy, the Flavor Text for the Dead Man's Plate item.
"There's only one way you'll get this armor from me..." - forgotten namesake
- Emote spamming, which consists on spamming taunts until your fingers ache. Some champions are culprits of acoustic contamination like Garen and Heimerdinger. Others are more silent but will still make anyone laugh (or annoy) other players with their weird movements like Tahm Kench, Nami or Graves.
- Honestly, Kled has so many hilarious lines in general, that we could honestly put his entire quote list here and call it a day. Some highlights, however:
"I'm gonna' cut you open and use your spine for a back scratcher, because it is itchy! Very itchy!"
"I came here to - well I don't know what I came here for, but I'm gonna' defend it!"
"I'm from all over. It's next to nowhere and - shut the hell up!"
"I am Kled! High Major Commodore of the First Legion Third Multiplication Double Admiral Artillery Vanguard Company! You will respect my authority!"
"There's fixing to be two sounds! Me hitting you, and BIYAYAHGUH!
(Starting up the game) "Holy sh*t, where are we!?"
(Generic taunt) "Oh, before I forget, what, uh... rank are you, exactly?"
(When a nearby enemy jokes) "Real funny! Knew a funny guy in the Dreckon campaign - took a javelin in the spine, couldn't walk after that. Used him as a coat rack."
(After killing an enemy champ) "Now, I might have overreacted to you unlawfully entering my property - BUT I DON'T THINK SO!"
(Also after killing an enemy champ) "It's funny, 'cause he died right on the border of my land, and more off my land!"
(again, killing an enemy champ) "Don't let the door hit you on your way to HELL!"
(After killing an enemy Yordle) "I could feel bad about killing you, or! We could stomp on your corpse!"
(Killing Cassiopeia) "Was that lady half-snake, or that snake half-human? She is... confusing. Dead, but confusing."
(Killing Draven) "KLEEEEEED... naw, it's just Kled."
(Killing Illaoi) "I gotta' stop the mushroom juice... I swear that girl had some tentacles or something!"
(Killing Katarina) "A sinister blade? Heck, girl, Skaarl's got farts more sinister than you was."
(also killing Katarina) "I like a girl with moxie." (Skaarl squawks) "No, obviously she didn't have any! That's the darn point!"
(Killing LeBlanc) "She had one crazy getup! Them city-folk clothes is getting ridiculous." (Skaarl squawks) "Yeah, I'll try it on later."
(Killing Swain) "Master Tactician? He can keep that title."
- Kled's vanilla splash art is also hilarious, picturing Kled and Skaarl in the middle of a battlefield with arrows being shot at them. Kled's angrily screaming off to the side while holding an arrow (which he presumably caught mid-air!), but more notably, Skaarl is smiling dopely while staring at a butterfly in the other direction.
- Kled is so bloodthirsty that not only does he plan on killing his teammates after they kill the enemy, but every single champion excluding Skaarl is listed as his rival on the bio page, including for some reason, himself.
- It turns out that when Skaarl takes enough damage and makes a run for it, she actually specifically runs for the nearest bush as a specifically-designed mechanic. Also as part of that, until she returns to Kled, she can be detected with the Red Trinket while hiding, even if you can't actually interact with her until then.
- The Champion Ban voices. While this usually have the characters have lines saying they're leaving or mocking your fear of them, three members have very funny lines. The first is Taric, whom deems you as blind for not choosing him, Draven, whom only calmly leaves (while all the others, apart from Swain, taunted you), and as for Taliyah...
- Meanwhile, Lulu apparently endorses queue-dodging.
"I recommend skipping!"
- Ivern, being the communicative Friend to All Living Things he is, has unique quotes while interacting near or with jungle camps, and casually converses with them like friendly neighbors, giving us some amusing insight to their lives.
- Brambleback (The red buff) is a helpful guy who tells the best jokes, and was involved in something called the "Kumungu Affair." Ivern still thinks it's Brambleback's fault.
- He thinks "Blue" the Blue Sentinel and Daisy, the Sentinel Ivern summons for his ultimate, would make a cute couple.
- "Scuttles" the Rift Scuttler is always on patrol watching the dragons/Baron Nashor, and is "a gentlecrab and a scholar." Apparently Ivern owes them some razor clams.
- Gromp's full name is apparently "Lord Grompulous Kevin Ribbitton of Croaksworth," the "epitome of frogdom." Even more hilariously, one of Ivern's other lines he can say even if Gromp isn't around is "It's okay, Gromp is a slow learner too."
- Krugs apparently has a wife, and is a respected storyteller, though Ivern comments his last story could've used a better third act.
- He mentions to the Raptors the "Crimson Raptor's" singing, and how it's come along way. When he frees them, he asks them for where they got their gold from.
- The Wolves are like playful dogs who like to play fetch, but Ivern shows concern of the two-headed wolf, apparently having asked him before to have his second head checked out.
- Summoner's Rift has several one-time only instances of minute critters wandering around the map, making it feel that much more alive. However, some fans have noted a random frog that around 1:30 into a game near the top-right corner of the map, jumps off a cliff apparently to its death. Riot's officially stated it's just going home, but fans have embraced this interpretation, giving the frog the nickname of "George the Suicidal Frog."
- Camille has a few funny interactions not just restricted to taunts:
"Don't be funny, be useful!"
- The first thing she will say upon spawning on the Howling Abyss? "I. Hate. Snow."
- Her Hookshot ability allows her to dive into the Fog of War, but if she's to accidentally slam into an enemy champion doing so, she might say "Watch where you're going!"
- One of her responses while reacting to an ally's jokes:
- Xayah and Rakan have so many great lines, alone or paired up together, it'd be simple to say just about anything that isn't deadly serious or utterly adorable. Some choice phrases from both of them, though:
Xayah: (taunting Amumu) Aw, poor sad little mummy! I just want to take you home!
Xayah: (taunting Caitlyn) Who does your wardrobe? Fire them. Immediately.
Rakan: (killing an enemy Xayah) I find this parallel universe stuff very upsetting!
Rakan: (also killing an enemy Xayah) HELLO WORLD! I AM SINGLE NOW!
Rakan: (killing Illaoi) What was with that girl's dumb purse?
(starting the game) Xayah: Ugh, I hate everyone today.
Rakan: I know what'll make you feel better.
Both: Murdering everyone~!
(starting the game) Rakan: Hey, I have a plan!
Xayah: You... have a plan?
Rakan: Yeah! I'll go on instinct!
Xayah: That's the opposite of a plan.
Xayah: Keep 'em distracted.
Rakan: That shouldn't be a problem!
Rakan: Where are we going?
Xayah: You forgot the plan.
Rakan: No, I... yeah. Hey, have you seen this cape?
(from a distance) Rakan: After this, how about we get some human food?
Xayah: A nice dinner?
Xayah: That's not what—
Rakan: ♫ We're eating chocolate! ♪
(also from a distance) Rakan: Caw caw, caw caw!
Xayah: You used the secret call! Is everything alright?
Rakan: We have a secret call!? I just like that sound! Caw caw!
(upon killing an enemy together) Rakan: I love watching you kill.
Xayah: I love killing for you.
Rakan: Let's make out.
- Reworked Urgot is a heaping helping of creepy. But he's not without a few funny quotes.
(Taunting an enemy Kled): This is not your land, and that lizard doesn't even like you.
(Taunting an enemy Tahm Kench): Your coat isn't even as nice as mine.
(Taunting an enemy Teemo): Compared to what you do, this is merciful.
(Hitting Caitlyn with ult): Keep struggling. Maybe you can save your hat.
(Hitting Gangplank with ult): Think of all the innocent barrels I'm saving.
(Ult executing Azir): Say 'Shurima' one more time!
(Ult executing Gnar): I don't know what he said, but he screamed it.
(Ult executing Skarner): Not. Viable.
(Ult executing Trundle): You bargained away your freedom... for a frozen stick.
(Ult executing another Urgot): I liked the old you more.
- Ornn. Who is The Comically Serious to a hilarious degree.
I have fur. It is soft. Do not hug me.
(Joke response): Buy a joke book. And a clown.
(Ally buying his upgrades): If you want a weapon, here's a weapon. If you want conversation...here's a weapon.
- Reworked Evelynn takes any form of subtlety she had, and tosses it in the nearest shallow grave. Even flirting with Baron Nashor.
- Anything Zoe says or does, due to her Immortal Immaturity. One of the methods chosen to make her a cosmic messenger: a toy ball.
Lore and Other Supplemental Material
- The Journal of Justice has this in spades. Along with giving extra info and backstory on the champions for the interested (quite a few) there are a number of "joke" articles which are just meant to be amusing. Special mention for Annie doing advertisements for dental hygiene. Yes, that Annie.
- The Journal of Justice had an article, viewable on the wiki here, about Blitzcrank creating a sort of dating service. The article was amusing, but the best part was the accompanying illustration in which Blitzcrank shows photos of successful (well, he might have a different definition of it, being a robot and all) pairings from his service - one was Rammus and a cactus.
- The two blooper reel videos Riot made of their own Season One CG Cinematic. The first is worth a good giggle, with Groin Attacks and Epic Fail but the second is HILARIOUS, asking Fridge Logic questions like "what if the summoner controlling a champion is a klutz?", "aren't those minions Cho'Gath eats actually animated constructs?" and "just how dog-like is Nasus?"
- The tale told in this newspost. To give a quick brief, Mundo had taken a bunch of other champions to a bar, and the waitress kept asking, of all people, Rammus if the table wanted more drinks. I think you can guess the rest here.
- The trailer for the Mac version is also highly amusing. It starts with Corporate Mundo going where he pleases and ends with one of Zigg's hexplosives standing in for the Apple logo. It also includes such hilarities as a child's drawing of Mordekaiser standing next to a burning house with "I [heart] My Daddy" written on it, a banana included on a display wall together with a collection of other weapons, an emergency glass cabinet with "Press R to win" printed on it and a water cooler that dispenses health and mana potions.
- The Rise of the Dragonslayer video has a subtle one. It was supposed to highlight the new Dragonslayer skins and slaying Dragons, be it neutral Dragons, or Shyvana. But in a blink-or-miss, Dragonslayer Pantheon still has time to lob his spear to a nearby Teemo even though he's not a Dragon!
- Karthus apparently Can't Hold His Liquor, according to this news flash. And he complains when his bandmates point that out.
- The lore entry for Gnar (a prehistoric, 4-year-old Yordle champion) is written from the perspective of Rengar. Gnar starts to annoy him, so he throws the poor tyke's boomerang into a tree... cue Gnar pulling a Hulk Out behind Rengar's back and throwing the tree at him.
- The A New Dawn CGI video has its share of moments. Everything from Katarina bolting around to kill Graves, only to meet Graves' shotgun pointed at her face where Graves gives her an eyebrow wiggle worthy of Groucho Marx, to Draven coming in to try to kill Ahri and just shrug at her as if to say "Hey, just following orders."
- And then, for those Summoners who are quite familiar with how toxic the community can be, there's "If A New Dawn was Solo Queue".
- Azir's Champion Spotlight has this one gem, in regard to his soldiers:
Sand soldiers are afraid of enemy turrets. They refuse to attack them and disappear much faster when one's around. Bunch of wimps.
- In the Warriors - 2014 World Championship (Imagine Dragons) music video, around 0:18 seconds in there is a Kappa face on the door. 0:23 seconds in? Twitch chat is utterly filled with them.
- The Shadow & Fortune story-line, while rather dark and focusing around the Harrowing, has many rather comical moments with, of all characters, Olaf being so annoyingly frustrated at being unable to have his glorious death. Best exemplified in this one line:
That beast just shit you out?note
- Rammus' updated lore is arguably one of the most hilarious, and certainly one of the most goofily straight-faced pieces of writing since the Journal of Justice. While Rammus retains his Mysterious Past, it reveals that he is speculated in-universe to be an Ascended being as old as the concept of Ascension, and is worshipped as a god, leading to this gem:
Disciples of the cult devoted to Rammus demonstrate their unwavering faith in a yearly ceremony by imitating his famous roll and somersaulting through the city in droves.
- Additionally, it documents a time when he saved Shuriman tribesmen from Noxian forces by collapsing an ancient temple over them, causing them to retreat. While it is unknown exactly why he did it, one tribesman speculated that "Rammus was simply sleeprolling and had no intention of taking down a temple."
- The entire concept of a cult devoted to Rammus is humorous, as it seems that sages and scholars seek him for his counsel. Keep in mind that he only has 7 lines, all of them single-word answers. One wonders if the "revelations" that they seek actually come from talking to themselves and arriving at a different conclusion.
- Yorick's new Champion Spotlight HAD to crack a joke about "graves"...
"Also, none of the graves can have a cigar."
- LeBlanc's rework in the Assassin Update gave her a new ability where she can summon a clone globally to bait enemies into wasting spells. While this is hilarious on its own, the practical explanation Scarizard gave to it... is nothing short of sensational.
"Pretend to gank top lane while you head towards bot lane. Or pretend to gank top lane... AND THEN ACTUALLY GANK TOP LANE!"
- The adventures of intrepid Piltover writer and explorer Eduard Santangelo in Ionia to search and investigate the ancient race of the Vastaya led to some hilarious moments during his meeting with these creatures such as offending the otterfolk for asking if they were the result of human and shapeshifter reproduction and his infatuation towards Ahri when he met her bathing in a lake naked.
"I wished to stay and ask more of the otterfolk, but one of my questions seemed to cause great offense, and I was unceremoniously ejected from the village and the creatures’ good graces in one fell swoop. My question, for those looking to avoid the same mistake, regarded whether the pairing of the two species was purely magical or more (shall we say) physical in nature."
- Teemo rares up to take names in the video for "Mortal Reminder". Fearlessly walking through the chaos, scaling a rocky spire, readying his blowgun...and gets absentmindedly booted into the stratosphere by Kayle.
- The Lost Tales of Ornn reveals Fizz's trident began life as Ornn's eating fork.
- Rammus Taunts Everyone- a perfect blend of snark, memes, Shout Outs and burn.
(to Golia- uh, Galio) Xanatos called. He wants his bitch back.(to Graves) Go break your back on a mountain.(to Katarina) Was that your ult, or were you having a seizure?(to Karma) Uh, wait... who are you?(to Kayle) Your sister's hotter.(to LeBlanc) Hey, try that decoy thing again, maybe I'll fall for it this time.(to Morgana) Your sister's hotter.(to Malphite) I can stop the rock.(to Tristana) Everyone does your job better. Everyone.
I've been sent to deliver a message on behalf of the Brazillian playerbase. Taunt OP. Huehuehuehue.
- And now Wukong's gotten in on the taunting! Complete with references.
- Graves too. This is turning into a trend.
- Viktor joined in. Yes, this has become a meme now.
- Twisted Fate has joined in.
- Ezreal too.
- And Miss Fortune.
- Rammus goes into more taunting spree, now animated! But the kicker? In the end of the video, the one to stop Rammus was none other than Mordekaiser, and no, he's not using The Other Darrin: Adam Harrington, his real VA, came to voice Mordekaiser himself and this Ascended Meme says it all:
OriginalRammus: Oh look. A fat pig. Riding a boar.Sejuani: WHAT DID YOU S—Actual GameAshe, taunting Sejuani: So, which one's the pig?
- There's also an actual Ascended Meme on this video:
- Also from Stephanos: Tribunal chat logs as read by the champions being used by the offending players.
Fiddlesticks: I shit in your cat's litterbox. I fucked your mother with a strap-on. I farted on your pillow.
- Particularly this string of Fridge Logic.
Teemo: Wait, how the fuck can I blind Lee Sin?Corki: How can I fly faster with boots?Cassiopeia: How can I turn Malphite to stone?
Graves: STFU noob! No homos on Rift!Ahri: If there are no homos on Rift, why can I charm Riven?Riven: I just... I just have a lot of feelings, okay?
- And this one from the second.
- They did another one, with three major highlights.
Tryndamere: Oh my God our Swain is so fucking rad! I want to have his babbies!
Jax: What the fuck is our bot lane?Shen: Welcome to solo queue! Where everything's made up, and the points don't matter. Whose Lane Is It Anyway?
Ashe: OMFG please report this noob team! FF!Pantheon: Ashe! Clear mind from dubious intentions, and let us embrace warmer path, welcoming future victory!Ashe: WTF u talk noob?Pantheon: Ashe, we need a warrior; not a little man with little balls.
- And finally
- There's also this bit of Translation Trainwreck.
Mordekaiser: So you wont to be gank the mid lane?
Taric: Do you wear a helmet when you play this game?
- Funniest of all:
Lux: What the hell, we have Teemo going top?Mordekaiser: I have faith in you Teemo! Maybe he's a secret pro, give him a chance!Teemo: Alguno habla español? noteMordekaiser: NO!!!
- Funniest of all:
- Particularly this string of Fridge Logic.
- Udyr just utterly fails to give a fuck.
- The (now discontinued) video series CholeraNinja is Bad at ''VideoGame/LeagueOfLegends'' is one Funny Moment after another. Highlights:
- PantheonForce. How do you make Pantheon's already-badass ultimate even better? Lightning bolt sound effects, screaming, and DragonForce.
- Kings of Dunkshire and its sequel Vengeful Conflictic. Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe meets Ham and Cheese.
- The Xin Zhao Tutorial.
CholeraNinja: THE WARRIOR SPIRIT IS ABOUT TO FUCK ASHE IN THE FACE!!!
- What makes this video funny is his insistence to be in-character and yelling everything Xin Zhao attacks... in all the extreme Large Ham glory
CholeraNinja: KIAI! KIAI! KIAI!! KIAI!!
- He also makes running away manly and epic (including the comeback):
CholeraNinja: OHHHH BE A MAN BE A MAN BE A MAN! BE A MAN! RUN AWAY! BE A MAN! EVERYBODY SAVE ME RIGHT NOW! Oh god help me.... I CAN'T BE A MAN.... But now I can be a man. (... cue ass kicking...) I'm Xin Zhao, and I don't give A FUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!!!
- Possibly an Ascended Meme as of the 5.5 Patch.
As a jungler on the borderline of viability, we're giving X to the Z a bump towards his strengths (sustain and skirmishing) to help him get down to business.
- And it continues in 5.9:
He'll still need additional follow-up from his team to not splat immediately afterwards, but at least he'll hit with all the force of a great typhoon before going down.
- What makes this video funny is his insistence to be in-character and yelling everything Xin Zhao attacks... in all the extreme Large Ham glory
- Angry Legends, a series of Fan videos by Dante Axe (same guy who made the second 'Rammus Taunts Everyone' video) which is basically League of Legends meets Angry Birds.
Garen: Goddammit, Darius! It's Triple Oink and Double Oink-Oink! Is that so hard!?Darius: Don't teach me how to oink!
- Mundo identifying any poor victims he'll come across with "Birdy!"
- Kayle's muffled protests when she was about to be vaulted, all done with extremely quickened voice recording, making her sound like a chipmunk protesting. All ends with being vaulted while saying "I HATE YOOOUUU...."
- This exchange between Garen and Darius, playing the pigs:
- How to catch Swain for the game: Tryndamere pulls out a cardboard with Garen's hair above and shoulder pads on the side, written "Demacia #1", and then yell "Ooga booga booga!". Swain goes Raven mode and then vaulted.
- "Hey, Jaaarvaaaannnn... I don't hear you oinkiiiiing..."
- Kayle suckering Morgana into 'flying lessons', just so that she gets to be the next person vaulted, and Morgana completely fell for it. Of course, karma bit Kayle back in the ass so she gets to fly again, same way with the 2nd bullet point.
- Quinn trying to evade being vaulted by summoning Valor... but Valor shitted right on her arm in response, and she gets vaulted anyway.
Aatrox: It's my turn now!Zac: Uh, b-but you need to...Aatrox: Shut up, noobz! I don't need anything! Watch and learn... *flies on his own* BOOYAH!
- Followed by Aatrox barging in:
- There's this guy named Crazy Boris who made various animation videos. Well animated... and hilarious.
Pantheon: Oh GOD! Oww!
- Darius High-Fives Teemo Where Teemo did something useful saving Darius and the two has an epic build up to just do a high-five... only to be brought down together with Karthus' ultimate, and Karthus immediately gives his Ben Chang shout out to top it off: "HA! GAYYYYY!"
- Can't Killean The Zilean Epic taunting with Zilean's Chronoshift and catchy dancing (to the point that it gave a Colbert Bump to the song "Oh My Little Baby Boy", the song used to Zilean's dance)... Oh wait, here comes Darius with his Noxian Guillotine!! Zilean is doomed... NOPE, Shen already used Stand United to protect Zilean. Cue Darius' disappointed face and Shen joining Zilean's silly dance. MAP AWARENESS.
- The Rise and Fall of Pantheon Pantheon interrupts Draven trying to kill Ziggs by stating that he will deliver justice to Draven... justice with well mantained six-pack abs and toned biceps. So Pantheon executes the Grand Skyfall, going up to high-five Urf at heavens and about to strike the ground... but he ended up not doing any shockwave at all, and the skyfall only ends up to fracture his bones.
Getting real tired of this eurodance bullshit...
- Braum's Pleasant Bot-Lane Escapade, in which Braum and Lucian started out like gentlemen drinking tea until Braum suggest taking bot-lane turret. What follows is Braum and Lucian, in the tune of an instrumental jazzy version of Crazy In Love, doing a very swag walk in bot lane, with Braum blocking every projectile that comes across (including a thrown Teemo). It ends with them encountering Ezreal, in which Braum defeats him singlehandedly by lifting him on the collar and channeling Angus the Puncher, slapping Ezreal three times across the face, each slap giving him a bigger and bigger mustache!
- Teemo getting thrown becomes Hilarious in Hindsight at Kalista's release and having an ultimate that throws her ally to her opponent. The video was made before Kalista was even in concept phase.
- Corki Uncoptered After Twisted Fate and Viktor disabled Corki's copter... Corki unmounted, revealing himself to be a very tall dude. He proceeds to run and dodge everything the two threw, gets close to Viktor and after displaying some Fascinating Eyebrows, delivers a German Suplex to Viktor, and then drop-kicked the fleeing Twisted Fate to a field full of Teemo's mushrooms. To add insult to the injury, suddenly Maokai's sapling approached the fallen Twisted Fate and exploded right on spot.
- Crazy Boris Production must have loved Zilean very much as after making several videos later, he made another animation: "Bungle in the Jungle" where Zilean trolls both Hecarim and Rammus while wearing very casual clothes with a cap with "Foxy Grandpa" written on it, all to the tune of Masterjam's 'Rhythm's in Your Mind'... by outspeeding them and killing a Dragon in one blow, before speeding off with another silly dance. Hecarim's words sums it up:
- Then someone combined Bungle In The Jungle with Can't Killean The Zilean. Not even Zilean himself can killean himself.
- Ekko and The Zilsta: Chronosquad is what would happen if there was an anime for League, with Ekko and Zilean the main characters, with them fighting Volibear, Jax, and others, all to the tune of "Sentoo". A hilarious moment comes at the point when it shows the rouges gallery, involving Graves with 8 cigarettes in his mouth and Himerdinger with a knife in is mouth.
- Urgot Lives, featuring Urgot after his rework.
- The League of Fail video is chock full of these:
Ashe: No, please...! I didn't mean anything wrong—AAH!
- Annie sounding like a grouchy grown man.
- Ashe dwindling into a Cluster F-Bomb-driven spiel on how Alistar died to a tower... only for Blitzcrank to grab dat Ashe and reduces her into a Bald Woman.
Karthus: It'd be a real dick move if I were to pop my ult right now... Real dick move... *PENTAKILL*
- Garen being reduced to speak nothing but "DEMACIA!!"
- Karthus' finishing line as he preps his Requiem:
- And it has a sequel featuring Spirit Guard Udyr, AKA Godyr, channeling Fist of the North Star and overall looking very awesome at first, owning the whole enemy team, then he starts fapping himself, only to stop and hit the enemy Nexus once, winning the game... The Stinger then shows him getting too carried over with his fapping so a respawned Nidalee managed to toss her javelin right onto his crotch.
- Additionally, Alistar keeps calling him 'bitch-ass nigga'
- As already established, Adam Harrington isn't above getting in on the jokes himself, and this time, he's brought Erik Braa, Melissa Hutchinson, Danielle McRae and Brian Sommer along. All together now, "Fuck off, clown!" Poor Shaco...
- Every Single League of Legends Champion in a Nutshell. It takes (almost) every champion and gives a funny line for them.
- Someone has performed a dramatic reading of a 700 ELO game. If you fancy ruining your liver in six minutes, take a shot every time they demand someone be reported.
- Lucian has an official translated name for the Chinese client. The Chinese League of Legends community, including the casters, prefer to call him by the name of a certain American president instead. Even in professional League of Legends matches, Lucian will most often be referred to as Obama.
- According to a Riot member on Reddit, the reason why Graves doesn't have a cigar anymore is because he vapes now◊. The funniest part is Cactopus talking about Graves' vape collection:
Cactopus: He doesn't want people to think he's a hipster so he's super lowkey about his vaping habit. But if you saw his collection you'd be hella jelly: his most prized pen has four built-in heat settings and the battery is mad fresh like 100 full heat cycles between recharges.
Graves don't play.
- An Ezreal player rage-quits. So the remaining players on the field, including the entire enemy team, join up to help Tahm Kench across the field and into the enemy base, past the turrets and all the way to the fountain, where he spits Ezreal under giant laser. Clip starts here.
- YouTuber Kiandymundi joking during his Xayah video about Riot eventually releasing a champ who just carries the shop with them. 4 months later, cue the release of Ornn. Who does exactly that.
- Youtuber Kshaway has a series called "Wood Division Adventures", montages of community-submitted Epic Fail moments from games, including hilarious bugs and glitches and displays of jaw-dropping stupidity. The fact that the series is up to well over one hundred episodes in its third season alone (eventually scaling up to more than 10 minutes long over more than 4 years) is a hilarious indictment of what a clown fiesta LoL is capable of being.
- No-one can say the Riot staff don't know how to have a good laugh. Even if it is by taking the piss out of both the whinier segments of the community and themselves.
- When the Howling Abyss was released, it was possible to Kill Poros by chasing them into the spawn turret. However, this changed in patch 3.8. To quote the patch notes:
"Poros have gone through an 80s action movie training montage and now have some resistance to lasers."
- A moment equal parts somewhat sad and utterly hilarious, in this old Q&A, lead designer FeralPony mentions that when he was new to Riot, he announced nerfs to Vladimir for the next patch. He made a mistake, however, and forgot to add the files to the next patch that would nerf Vladimir... but his win-rate plummeted regardless.
- When the Deadeye teasers were popping up, Gypsylord commented on each affected Champions Reddit thread with an increasing number of exclamation points note . Once Vis teaser came up, he teased on her reddit thread:
Gypsylord: "Whelp, secret is out. Vi confirmed to have hands. What a buildup!!!1"
- During August 2016 on the League subreddit, one fan randomly posted a topic called "What would Shyvana do if Ezreal kissed her leg?," which got a surprising amount of responses, including a few comments from Rioters, fanart and fanfiction within a day. However, the best part to come of this is that the day after, Riot posted the "Leg Day Bundle" on the client,◊ containing Ezreal, Shyvana and most of their skins at half price.
- Riot's infamously controversial as well as firm stance on why they weren't releasing a sandbox mode for League during mid-2015 was something it seemed they would never live down, but come late-2016, they appear to have internally made a complete reversal on their opinion and announced a sandbox-esque Practice Tool in the works. The first line of the announcement greatly summarized many fans' feelings:
- The sheer fact that Riot gave the players basically everything they've been asking for in the last years in a span of two months (such as replays, sandbox mode, Satan Teemo, Baker Pantheon, Yorick's rework, the return of Doom Bots of Doom...) led to cheer and confusion from the community, with some people jokingly suggesting that Riot should stop giving the players what they want, otherwise the community will run out of memes. And even the Rioters acknowledged that.
- After the start of 2017, the generally-straightforward-if-casual Ask Riot section posted their New Years Resolutions, with Self-Deprecation and memes abound. A few choice examples:
We're finally updating Ryze.
Attempt first six-hit passive.
Small goal: Three new Teemo skins. Large goal: SIX new Teemo skins.
See how far we can stretch the meaning of "at a later time"
Announce full Retcon of all lore; champions are now toys and Summoner’s Rift is your imagination.
Shyvana X Ezreal: Chapters 1-3
Clone Faker* , create full team of Fakers to challenge original Faker, SKT wins anyway.
- In this post, Riot revealed that in playtesting a staff member known as FeralPony or 'Feeney' draws a silly version of the new champion's splash art, to make sure no-one thinks placeholder art is real and releases it. Examples were provided.
- What may be even funnier is that this is now a major step of the process - if Feeney hasn't got anything to work with, it goes back to the dev team to make the champion more distinctive (eg. Taliyah).
- And then of course, there's this line:
- The April Fools Yasuo update; acknowledging his status as a Tier-Induced Scrappy, his shield now causes subsequent attacks to pass through it after the first hit, the tornado from his Q splits into three more on hit, his W is now a pentagon that protects him from all sides, his E can now go through walls and can target objects, and his ult is just a One-Hit KO shown being used to kill a Cho'Gath with max stacks of Feast. At the end of the video, he flashes a Mastery 7 emote.
- Keeping with the Running Gag of "everyone, even Riot, hates Teemo," the music video for Pentakill's "Mortal Reminder" features a slow motion, close-up shot of the little imp getting punted by Yorick into the stratosphere.
- This channel is a rich source of almost every hilarious moment ever in professional LoL.
- During the ban/pick phase of a season 3 TSM vs. GGU, Phreak has Kobe speculate on who GGU's first ban will be, which he does, but then immediately stops himself upon realizing their timer had run out without banning anybody. It turns out GGU received a penalty from their last game and lost a ban, now having to wait for the timer to run out, which Kobe must've forgotten about. Phreak's reaction is absolutely priceless.
- Even professional teams can have a good sense of humor. Case in point: Season 3 World Championships, Group B, Fnatic vs. Mineski. For the record, Team Mineski had lost every match during the group stage up to this point, while Team Fnatic had a score of 6-1. Team Mineski knew that they couldn't enter the quarterfinals while Fnatic were almost guaranteed to get there. So what does Team Mineski do? Create a four man support + 1 ADC team, where each lane plays a support. note While Mineski pushed the towers early, they lacked any form of damage, and eventually Fnatic won the match. However, the crowd cheered for Mineski and a fan following was created because despite losing, Mineski at least has some fun and had good team spirit while showing great sportsmanship playing in the world championship, a rare accomplishment from a Southeast Asian team (since most teams rarely manage to enter the world championship).
- This actually led to an ironic nickname and small meme from the announcers, the Mineski Pain Train.
- The Korean text for 'Annie' also is the same text that begins 'Anivia' - as such, in the Korean tournament OGN Champions Winter 2013-2014, Anivia has been repeatedly banned instead of Annie, much to the chagrin of the teams that do it.
- The Road to the Cup video trailer is trying so hard to be awesome that it's hilarious. Watching animated renditions of fairly normal-looking pro-gamers in T-shirts and pants leaping around doing martial arts kata and unleashing flashy special moves of their most-played characters is cool, but endearingly ridiculous.
- Casters vs. Doom Bots of Doom. 38 minutes of unbridled hilarity, including casters taking the piss out of a few of the pro teams in the scene and having Poro plushies stand in as live audience (and doom Bot players, complete with audience cheering!) in the studio.
- URF Mode, an April Fools' Joke, turned into one of the most popular game modes implemented. However, the Team Solomid vs. Cloud 9 Gaming exhibition was completely chaotic, awesome, and hilarious all at the same time.
- URF was funny. The 2015 URFitational Grand Finals was the single most side-splittingly hilarious thing Riot has EVER done. The entire thing was one big case of the company trolling the playerbase, teasing them with the supposed upcoming "NURF" mode where every single aspect of the champions is gutted to the point that they can barely move, let alone fight, claiming this would make the game more "thoughtful" and "dignified" and they played this up to the nines in the URFitational event, arranging duels between two "old, esteemed gaming clubs", the Ye Olde League Organisation and the Society of Worth Assessing Gentlemen, with everyone dressing up like classy ladies and gentlemennote and putting on shamefully fake posh English accents. Only to reveal that the event had been "sabotaged" by unknown parties (actually pro player Froggen and former pro player and current shoutcaster Krepo) who snuck into Riot HQ the night before the match and inserted slices of ham into the NURF serversnote , forcing them to instead fall back on the old URF mode that everyone had been begging Riot for the return of for the last year. The entire thing was so utterly, poker-facedly deadpan that it's incredible that the Riot staff were able to get through it without Corpsing.
- At the end of the EU 2015 Spring Challenger Series, bottom-ranked team Mousesports take on the 2nd place team Gamers 2 and, knowing they have nothing to lose, bring out the most absurd compositions ever seen in professional LoL, including a Teemo mid in BOTH games. That would be hilarious enough- except they WIN. At the end of the 2nd game, where Mousesports turn a really bad situation into a total wipeout thanks to the use of Teemo's Ambush passive, the commentators are just lost for words.
"That! Is! Ace! Five! And! Zero! Gamers 2 in a 50-minute slugfest, in a composition that should be coming away with the win at this point of the game, get beaten by a Teemo."note
*Cut back to the studio where the commentators just stare silently at each other, then turn and stare at the camera.*
"...history in the making, ladies and gentlemen."
- During Worlds 2015's quarterfinals, the shoutcasters start wondering why the dragons keep coming to the rift just to die repeatedly? The answer they came up with? Dragon Fun Land.
- During the 2014 NA LCS Summer Split, week 8 day 1, the match between compLexity vs. Curse is remembered for two reasons: the first being the fact it's the absolute longest LCS game at 80:35 minutes, with COL winning the game by just a hair's length. The second reason is caster Rivington The 3rd's absolutely epic Precision F-Strike of "Holy shit, they win the game!" upon seeing the nexus fall.
- During the Season 4 World Championship, Samsung White's Imp was interviewed, and when asked about his excitement of the giant stadium they're playing in, he gave this memetically hilarious response.
Imp: *looks out at the stadium* In all honesty, I just want to roll around in all that grass.*cut to footage of him doing so with the happiest smile on his face*
- This little compilation of the most amusing plays of competitive LoL in 2015. It's the little emoticons and speech bubbles that Riot added that make it.
Nami: <after almost her entire team gets wiped out in an ambush attempt that backfires horribly> Stand in the bush they said... It will be fun they said...
- The entire context for that play is also worth of mention. Basically, Samsung is on the verge of losing the game and goes for a last-ditch attempt with an ambush on the botlane single bush... except their opponents had a stealth ward behind them and saw all five players entering the bush. No wonder what happened after that. That play was chosen as the biggest fail of 2015 on Riot, on a top 5 that included things like a sure-kill arrow being shot backwards and an Alistar saving the opponent Twisted Fate on a critical moment of the game.
- During the 2015 All-Stars event, players from various regions got to play a lot of fun modes, like full assassin/marksman comps, One-For-All and Snowdown Showdown AKA the 1 vs 1 Howling Abyss mode. In one of the Snowdown semifinals, Froggen is playing Olaf and Doublelift is playing Twitch, when Doublelift tries to recall and Froggen hits him with the Mark/Dash summoner spell at the last moments of the recall. However, it turns out that the channel was NOT cancelled, and Froggen reactivates the spell to dash to Doublelift, the latter succesfully recalling to his fountain and bringing the Olaf with him, insta-killing Froggen in the process. Even Doublelift cannot help but burst in laughs.
- In a blazing incompetent series of hilarious misplays that would likely get you laughed out in Bronze division, during a Renegades Vs. Dignitas game during the Season 6 NALCS Spring Split, Dignitas loses 2 members within moments of each other while taking down an uncontested turret. Less than a minute later on the other side of the map, Renegades also loses 2 members trying to take down an also uncontested Rift Herald!
- Week 8 of the Season 6 (2016) NALCS Summer Split, former Team SoloMid toplaner turned Riot Analyst Desk member Marcus "Dyrus" Hill tweeted out before TSM (1st place, 14-0 at the time) vs Phoenix 1 (9th place, 3-11), that if TSM loses to P1, he will shave his head. Sure enough, Phoenix 1 pulls off a Reverse Sweep match victory, winning games 2 and 3 of the match thanks to their Jungler, Rami “Inori” Charagh, pulling out his trump card in the form of Rengar, going 12/2/7 and back-dooring TSM's Nexus in game 2. The concern of a repeat is so real, TSM bans Rengar in game 3, only for Inori to carry Phoenix 1 again with Rek'Sai in game 3. Dyrus is less than pleased, especially when the others at the analyst desk "gently" reminded Dyrus and the viewers about his tweets, while flapping their arms like wings.
Dyrus: (right before TSM lost) "wait I was just joking please"Dyrus: (Later) "I'm tilted"
- And after some encouragement from others to pay up his wager including from his own father and to his credit, Dyrus not only followed through, but had his hair shaved off by Dash for a Prime Time League interview segment.
- Summer Split Week 6, 2016 NA LCS, casters Dash and Zirene get distracted by the release of Pokémon Go a few days earlier. Right in the middle of discussing what will happen in game 2 of TSM vs C9.
- Week 9 of Season 6 (2016) NLCS: Reginald promises that if this tweet is retweeted 20,000 times, his team will use Teemo during the match the next day (vs NRG E-Sports). The milestone is broken quickly. Bjergsen locks it in right at the last second on game 2 (alongside Doublelift's Ashe). While the casters and nearly all the fans expected Biergsen to play it, he had Biofrost pick Taliyah instead, with Hauntzer playing Teemo. Hauntzer promptly becomes the victim of first blood and the team loses the game. At least they won the match. This is Hilarious in Hindsight because Korean players had been caught hovering Teemo to troll the fans to the last minute and being forced to play him (having not switched back to the real picks before time expired) in earlier weeks - resulting in unnecessary losses.
- In the Chinese League, there's the game 2 between Invictus and LGD for the last week of the 2015 regular season. The context is that both teams are fighting for the 5th place and whoever wins this series claims it - except NONE of the teams wants the 5th place, because due to the seeding in the LPL, the 5th place would face the powerhouse Edward Gaming earlier than the 6th place. And, due to league rules, the teams can't simply forfeit or go full troll mode. The result was a game so filled with intentional bad plays that "clown fiesta" doesn't even begin to describe it. Oh, and if you want to know who "won", Invictus won, and LGD ended up being the champions of the season. This game was so bad that, in the next split, the LPL immediately went for an Obvious Rule Patch that made it completely impossible for the bigger seeds to have worst paths than the lower ones.
- The All-Stars Tandem Mode. An unofficial custom mode where two players control each champion, one of them controlling the mouse and the other controlling the keyboard. Hilarity Ensues as some of the best players in the world face the unexpected challenge of ten people trying to shotcall, lack of synchrony between the players leading to Bronze-like skillshot misses and generally comical reactions as they finally get something right.
- The 2016 edition had Riot Games taking the chance to make as many portmanteau-based puns with the players' names as they could. Such as Bjergsen + Faker = Baker, Karsa + Maple = Kappa, Mouse + Ziv = The Miz, and the best of all, xPeke + Mithy (two EU players) = Xmithie (a NA player). And of course, Doublelift and Aphromoo, formerly known as "the Rush Hour botlane", are named Rush Hour 2.
- You can't talk about hilarious without mentions of Brazil.
"My name is Daniquest and i'm the fastest banned player alive."
- There was a case of a player named Daniquest that was hired by the Red Canids team, only to be banned thanks to being caught elo-boosting. The time between the announcement of the player and the ban? 12 minutes. Cue Flash jokes.
Schaeppi (in Portuguese): "That's a problem that Zuao has between his screen and his chair."
- Zuao is a player that became infamous for locking wrong champions twice in champion select (and the second time in a playoff match, no less). You would think he couldn't do anything worse than that, only for him to enter in a match with unfinished masteries and no keystone. The caster's comment about it on 11:21 seals the deal with a sweet burn:
- And then, during the 2017 Summer Split Promotion Tournament, three guesses for who had problems with his keystone masteries during one of the games... As soon as the audio closes, the casters start rambling in disbelief that Zuao let those things happen again. Luckily, this time, it was only a visual bug.
- During the 2016 Winter Split, the Big Gods team got hit by a 16-points penalty before the games even started... because one person forgot to submit the roster to Riot Brazil in time. Needless to say, fans were NOT amused.
- The entire Pro vs Pro segment, where they leave the pro players to ask questions to each other, often resulting in burns. One example: Keyd Stars jungler Revolta mocking Red Canids toplaner Robo for having a Potty Emergency during their last match, forcing Red Canids to pay a fine.
- Before he was picked up for the LCS, shoutcaster Clayton "CaptainFlowers" Raines already had a cult following for his excitable Large Ham Announcer tendencies while casting other leagues. In particular, people love this moment during early season 6 where he absolutely loses his mind during a stressful teamfight, and it's truly a sight to behold.
- G2 eSports toplaner Expect takes his time to draw a PENTAGRAM with Gangplank barrels. On the middle of a finals game against Unicorns of Love.
Quickshot: "Quick! Change the screen!"
- On EU LCS games, Riot Games often uses a third-party program to give a cool eagle's eye vision of the Rift at the start of the games. Cue the program crashing right in the game 2 of the aforementioned finals. And to cap it off, Quickshot hangs a lampshade over the situation:
- During EU LCS Week 10, with teams not able to compete for standings placement, played not only off-meta champions but also roles outside their primary ones. The players were having lots of fun, even celebrating survival or kill often with BMexplanation
Pyratechnics:: "Raise Your Dongers" [Scoreboard on stream displays "ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ"]
- Roccat and Misfits - Game 1 featured Master Yi, Heimerdinger and Kayle; Game 2 featured Malphite, Yasuo, Nasus, Karthus and Lux. Deficio had hoped that Hjarnan would take Heimerdinger top lane and that did take place. Hams Sama even hovered Teemo (to a chorus of boos) before choosing Lux. It was at times more like an ARAM than a standard game.
- Vitality and Splyce continue this with Jungle Bard and Twitch, Top-lane Kayn and Shaco, Mid-lane Fiddlesticks and Gragas and Bottom-lane Garen in Game 1. Game 2 provided Top-lane Thresh and Irelia, Jungle Nocturne and Kog'maw, Mid-lane Gragas and Twisted Fate, Bottom Lane Heimerdinger and Pantheon with support Lee Sin and Bard. The coaches got into it as well (YamatoCannon was wearing what amounted to "Deal-with-it" glasses).