open/close all folders
- Some champions' jokes.
- One of Xerath's meme-laden joke quotes:
POWER LANING! POWER FARMING! POWER GANKING! POWER KILLS! SO MANY KILLS! 400 KILLS!note
- Even funnier when you realize that, due to his insatiable thirst for power, Xerath literally had MORE ENERGY THAN HIS BODY HAD ROOM FOR! So he got rid of it.
- Xerath even has ENERGY LEGS.
- He's also made of lightning. REAL LIGHTNING!
- Ziggs's joke emote is hilarious, and his quote seals the deal.
Come on, does this look dangerous to you?
- Or his other joke line.
- One of Vi's jokes is not getting why her Talk to the Fist policy never gets results, but it also involves Vi going hilariously high pitched roleplaying her 'victim'.
- While Nautilus' joke itself is a rather lame pun, the animation in which he performs his joke with is him SWIMMING IN MID-AIR. It's as bizarre-looking as it sounds, especially considering Nautilus himself. One of the loading screen hints even says "He's weird like that" in reference to the animation.
- The classic Shout-Out joke by Pantheon. It fits him so well, and yet it will still bring a grin to your face. The delivery fits so well that for the shout out line, Pantheon was all shouting and serious, but then goes very laid back, the Mood Whiplash is just grin-worthy.
- Before her remake, Poppy simply had No Sense of Humor. After her remake, she has a sense of humour- she just Cannot Tell a Joke. She starts telling an incredibly long (by League standards) joke, only to fluff the punchline- twice!
- Jhin's joke involves him spinning his gun, only to clumsily drop it and have it fire all over the place while he cowers back in fear, then nervously picking it back up when it stops. Combined with the exaggerated, almost cartoonish animation, it's a weird image.
- One of Xerath's meme-laden joke quotes:
- Some champions' taunts!:
(to Ahri) "You're as modest as a freshly-paid courtesan note ."
- Tahm Kench's tearing into enemy champions gives Rammus and Wukong a run for their money.
(to Ashe) "Girl, you got as much 'foresight' as a blindfolded mole."
(to Azir) "You're the emperor - of mashed potatoes and gravy."
(to Braum) "My mustache will eat yours."
(to Darius) "You're as subtle as a gold codpiece."
(to Draven) "At least the rumor of your vanity isn't overrated."
(to Jinx) "Girl, if brains were dynamite, you'd be a dud."
(to Nami) "The tides call you sashimi."
(to Xerath) "A slave's mind is never free, but I suspect you got yours on discount."
(to Draven) "I find your work very, very... obvious."
- When he isn't being incredibly disturbing, resident Mad Artist Jhin has a wickedly deadpan sense of humor with his many champion specific taunts.
(to Illaoi) "When you speak, I don't hear god, I hear an idiot babbling."
(also to Illaoi) "You can take my soul... if you'll shut up."
(to Sion) "Break a leg! Hehe, oh. 'Break a leg', hehe... ah, delightful. I do cut myself up."
(to Tahm Kench) "You have too many lines."note
(also to Tahm Kench) "Oh, before you ask, yes, your whole ensemble makes you look fat. Very fat."
(to Ahri) "You aspire to be human? Oh, darling, there are so many other variants on mediocrity!”
- Not that he doesn't have the massive power to back it up, but Aurelion Sol's sheer dismissiveness towards who he considers beneath him (in other words, everyone aside from Jinx and Jhin) makes Smaug seem like the paragon of humility. And he is hilarious.
(to Amumu) “I am… overwhelmed by an emotion when you are not around. It is called… happiness.”
(to Malphite) “There is a saying on this planet, ‘Dumb as a rock.’ It’s not a compliment.”
(to Nasus) “Bravo, Nasus, you’ve ascended yourself into a dog. Now fetch me something more interesting.”
(to Renekton) “That whole practice of Ascension is adorably amusing, like a kitten trying to walk upright.”
(to Shyvana) “Almost interesting. Almost.”
(to Vi) “You are you going to punch a star dragon? Good luck with that.”
- With Poppy's rework, the splash arts of all her skins were updated. In her Lollipoppy skin, one of the lollipops in the background has the old skin's face, and she also puts on a similar face in her dance animation.
- Guardian Angel is an armor that revives you on the spot with roughly half your HP on death, playing the animation in reverse to simulate getting up. Kog'Maw's death animation involves him exploding, so it would be kind of weird on him if he should somehow equip it. Thus, Riot has the item coded to play his dance emote when its ability goes off instead.
- Fun with alternate skins:
- Nunu's "Grungy Nunu" skin dresses him as Oscar the Grouch and Willump as Cookie Monster.
- Annie's "Reverse Annie" skin dresses her as Tibbers...while also dressing Tibbers as Annie.
- Ryze's "Uncle Ryze" skin dresses him as Uncle Sam and turns his scroll into the U.S. Constitution.
- Kog'Maw's "Monarch Kog'Maw" skin turns him into a butterfly with girlish eyelashes.
- Morgana's "Sinful Succulence Morgana" skin puts her in a baker outfit, though the humor mainly comes from the skin's portrait where she's frustrated over burning her gingerbread men.
- Heimerdinger's "Blast Zone Heimerdinger" skin makes him look like he was caught in an explosion, hence the name.
- Gragas' "Gragas, Esq" skin features all the drunken uncouthness of regular Gragas in a high class suit.
- Karthus' "Statue of Karthus" skin dresses him as the Statue of Liberty.
- Urf the Manatee. It's not Warwick in manatee clothing, we swear.
- Related, Corki's "Urfrider Corki" skin replaces his copter with Urf.
- Olaf's "Brolaf" skin gives him a polo shirt and jeans, turns his helmet into a beer drinking helmet, and turns his axes into ones made of recycled beer boxes.
- Cho'Gath's "Gentleman Cho'Gath" puts him in a top hat, monocle and a fancy coat. Like Brolaf above, it also comes with new voice clips.
- Thresh's "Deep Terror Thresh" skin has a unique recall animation where he fishes up a treasure chest and rests a foot atop it proudly. He doesn't always catch it though.
- Renekton's "Pool Party Renekton" suits him up as a lifeguard, but the best part is his Recall. And that's before some people decided to go to town with it.
- Who is that large lumpy man in the poorly fitting suit? Whoever it is, it is Definitely Not Blitzcrank.
- The Arcade Miss Fortune skin wasn't that much hysterical. However, when she recalls, she will call out a TV and plays something similar to Duck Hunt. Apparently she failed, and Gangplank pops up to taunt her like that goddamn dog. She promptly takes out her gun and shoots the TV.
- Final Boss Veigar is a loving reference to all sorts of video game villains, but one of the simpler joys is his /dance emote, where he shoves his staff into the cuff of his right hand, enlarges it to roughly his own size, and allows his apparently-sentient staff to dance alongside him.◊
- Poro Rider Sejuani, which has a Giant Poro as a mount and a Poro-Snax as a flail.
- Three words: Dunk. Master. Darius.
- Two more words: Gentleman Gnar. Sophisticated as Hell made manifest, especially the hilarious recall animations for both forms.
- Pool Party Rek'Sai. Her recall has her chomp down a poor frog, and her ult has her ride a jet ski... which somehow sounds like a tugboat! (no, really)
- Many of Dragon Trainer Tristana's new lines; i.e., upon buying a Statikk Shiv, one of her responses is her telling Riggle not to chew it, only for him to do exactly that and get electrified. She also tears into other champions such as Quinn ("Cool eagle, what does it breathe? Air?"), threatens to cook Azir, and is horrified at the sight of enemy champions using the Dragonslayer skin line (*gasp* "What are you wearing?!”).
- Everything about Primetime Draven. Just check out what happens when a self-absorbed narcissist becomes a shoutcaster for his own match. Really (click on the Primetime link on this).
- Speaking of Draven, the Draven Draven skin features Draven with a comically oversized version of his head.◊ He'll even bop the head if he dies!
- The occasional Funny Back/Foreground Events in the skin portraits can be worth a chuckle or two.
- "Sinful Succulence Morgana": As stated prior, it's not just her baker's outfit that's hilarious, but also that she overbaked her gingerbread men.
- "Pool Party Ziggs": Ziggs does a cannonball, much to the chagrin of Garen, Katarina and Darius.
- "Pool Party Leona": Taric chases after Lux, much to Ezreal's dismay. The best part? Taric does the Girly Run.
- "Heartseeker Vayne": Apparently Dr. Mundo asks Vayne to go on a date, and she replies with an arrow on his back.
- "Forecast Janna": Teemo is flying in a tornado behind Janna.
- "Dino Gnar": Gnar is playing with figurines of Garen and Katarina. Katarina appears to be running towards Garen's loving embrace.
- "Nurse Akali": Poor Amumu is Afraid of Needles.
- "Kennen, M.D.": Cho'Gath looking worried. Also, his X-ray shows that he ate a minion, complete with both their skeletons...
- "Cottontail Fizz": Fizz is running from a giant rabbit along with a terrified Cottontail Teemo.
- The dances in general will cause you bust a gut laughing. Some are expected, such as Olaf's dance being based on "Techno Viking" and Corki "Doing A Barrel Roll". Some, however, are completely out of left field, like Twisted Fate channeling his inner K-Pop star by dancing to "Gangnam Style"!
- Elise, a Ms. Fanservice champion with an extra emphasis on her legs, has the Can-Can for her dance emote. This carries over to her spider form where she actually forms an impromptu chorus line with her spiderlings. The results will make you spit your drink across the room.
- Urgot, the undead cyborg monstrosity, does the Kirby Victory Dance!
- What is probably the best one, however, doesn't even belong to a champion. Vilemaw, the boss for the Shadow Isles version of Twisted Treeline, is a gigantic undead spider. Dancing within a certain radius of him makes him do The Carlton Dance.
- Malzahar would like you to know that you can't touch this.
- Pre-VU update Kassadin does the sprinkler
- Post-VU Garen would like you to do The Monkey with him.
- Post-rework/VU Poppy's dance is a reference to the Grunka Lunkas, expies of Oompa Loompas. The fact that Poppy herself has an Oompa Loompa skin in the form of Lollipoppy is already amusing enough, but it's even better when she ends up making her infamous, creepy-as-hell Lollipoppy face.
- Sion's new ultimate, Unstoppable Onslaught, has lines that he shouts while using it. Normally terrifying. Hearing him shouting “COWARDS!" while running away from the enemy team? Hilarious.
Sion (To Urgot): Listen... Urgot... We can't hang out any more. I'm cool now.
- Sion has arguably one of the best special interactions in the game when using his joke near an enemy Urgot, taking a stab at how they both used to be incredibly unpopular, archaic champions until Sion got his rework.
- The Discount Demons Bundle is a batch of demonic-looking skins which includes Blood Moon Thresh, Underworld Wukong, Reaper Soraka, Underworld Twisted Fate, Dark Crystal Ryze... and Lollipoppy.
Lore and Other Supplemental Material
- The Journal of Justice has this in spades. Along with giving extra info and backstory on the champions for the interested (quite a few) there are a number of "joke" articles which are just meant to be amusing. Special mention for Annie doing advertisements for dental hygiene. Yes, that Annie.
- The Journal of Justice had an article, viewable on the wiki here, about Blitzcrank creating a sort of dating service. The article was amusing, but the best part was the accompanying illustration in which Blitzcrank shows photos of successful (well, he might have a different definition of it, being a robot and all) pairings from his service - one was Rammus and a cactus.
- The two blooper reel videos Riot made of their own Season One CG Cinematic. The first is worth a good giggle, with Groin Attacks and Epic Fail but the second is HILARIOUS, asking Fridge Logic questions like "what if the summoner controlling a champion is a klutz?", "aren't those minions Cho'Gath eats actually animated contructs?" and "just how dog-like is Nasus?"
- The tale told in this newspost. To give a quick brief, Mundo had taken a bunch of other champions to a bar, and the waitress kept asking, of all people, Rammus if the table wanted more drinks. I think you can guess the rest here.
- The trailer for the Mac version is also highly amusing. It starts with Corporate Mundo going where he pleases and ends with one of Zigg's hexplosives standing in for the Apple logo. It also includes such hilarities as a child's drawing of Mordekaiser standing next to a burning house with "I [heart] My Daddy" written on it, a banana included on a display wall together with a collection of other weapons, an emergency glass cabinet with "Press R to win" printed on it and a water cooler that dispenses health and mana potions.
- The Rise of the Dragonslayer video has a subtle one. It was supposed to highlight the new Dragonslayer skins and slaying Dragons, be it neutral Dragons, or Shyvana. But in a blink-or-miss, Dragonslayer Pantheon still has time to lob his spear to a nearby Teemo even though he's not a Dragon!
- Karthus apparently Can't Hold His Liquor, according to this news flash. And he complains when his bandmates point that out.
- The lore entry for Gnar (a prehistoric, 4-year-old Yordle champion) is written from the perspective of Rengar. Gnar starts to annoy him, so he throws the poor tyke's boomerang into a tree... cue Gnar pulling a Hulk Out behind Rengar's back and throwing the tree at him.
- The A New Dawn CGI video has its share of moments. Everything from Katarina bolting around to kill Graves, only to meet Graves' shotgun pointed at her face where Graves gives her an eyebrow wiggle worthy of Groucho Marx, to Draven coming in to try to kill Ahri and just shrug at her as if to say "Hey, just following orders."
- And then, for those Summoners who are quite familiar with how toxic the community can be, there's "If A New Dawn was Solo Queue".
- Azir's Champion Spotlight has this one gem, in regard to his soldiers:
Sand soldiers are afraid of enemy turrets. They refuse to attack them and disappear much faster when one's around. Bunch of wimps.
- In the Warriors - 2014 World Championship (Imagine Dragons) music video, around 0:18 seconds in there is a Kappa face on the door. 0:23 seconds in? Twitch chat is utterly filled with them.
- The Shadow & Fortune story-line, while rather dark and focusing around the Harrowing, has many rather comical moments with, of all characters, Olaf being so annoyingly frustrated at being unable to have his glorious death. Best exemplified in this one line:
That beast just shit you out?note
- Rammus Taunts Everyone- a perfect blend of snark, memes, Shout Outs and burn.
(to Golia- uh, Galio) Xanatos called. He wants his bitch back.(to Graves) Go break your back on a mountain.(to Katarina) Was that your ult, or were you having a seizure?(to Karma) Uh, wait... who are you?(to Kayle) Your sister's hotter.(to LeBlanc) Hey, try that decoy thing again, maybe I'll fall for it this time.(to Morgana) Your sister's hotter.(to Malphite) I can stop the rock.(to Tristana) Everyone does your job better. Everyone.
I've been sent to deliver a message on behalf of the Brazillian playerbase. Taunt OP. Huehuehuehue.
- And now Wukong's gotten in on the taunting! Complete with references.
- Graves too. This is turning into a trend.
- Viktor joined in. Yes, this has become a meme now.
- Twisted Fate has joined in.
- Ezreal too.
- And Miss Fortune.
- Rammus goes into more taunting spree, now animated! But the kicker? In the end of the video, the one to stop Rammus was none other than Mordekaiser, and no, he's not using The Other Darrin: Adam Harrington, his real VA, came to voice Mordekaiser himself and this Ascended Meme says it all:
OriginalRammus: Oh look. A fat pig. Riding a boar.Sejuani: WHAT DID YOU S—Actual GameAshe, taunting Sejuani: So, which one's the pig?
- There's also an actual Ascended Meme on this video:
- Also from Stephanos: Tribunal chat logs as read by the champions being used by the offending players.
Fiddlesticks: I shit in your cat's litterbox. I fucked your mother with a strap-on. I farted on your pillow.
Mordekaiser: So you wont to be gank the mid lane?
- Particularly this string of Fridge Logic.
Teemo: Wait, how the fuck can I blind Lee Sin?Corki: How can I fly faster with boots?Cassiopeia: How can I turn Malphite to stone?
Graves: STFU noob! No homos on Rift!Ahri: If there are no homos on Rift, why can I charm Riven?Riven: I just... I just have a lot of feelings, okay?
- And this one from the second.
- They did another one, with three major highlights.
Tryndamere: Oh my God our Swain is so fucking rad! I want to have his babbies!
Jax: What the fuck is our bot lane?Shen: Welcome to solo queue! Where everything's made up, and the points don't matter. Whose Lane Is It Anyway?
Ashe: OMFG please report this noob team! FF!Pantheon: Ashe! Clear mind from dubious intentions, and let us embrace warmer path, welcoming future victory!Ashe: WTF u talk noob?Pantheon: Ashe, we need a warrior; not a little man with little balls.
- And finally
- There's also this bit of Translation Trainwreck.
Taric: Do you wear a helmet when you play this game?
Lux: What the hell, we have Teemo going top?Mordekaiser: I have faith in you Teemo! Maybe he's a secret pro, give him a chance!Teemo: Alguno habla español? noteMordekaiser: NO!!!
- Funniest of all:
- Particularly this string of Fridge Logic.
- Udyr just utterly fails to give a fuck.
- The (now discontinued) video series CholeraNinja is Bad at LoL is one Funny Moment after another. Highlights:
CholeraNinja: THE WARRIOR SPIRIT IS ABOUT TO FUCK ASHE IN THE FACE!!!
- PantheonForce. How do you make Pantheon's already-badass ultimate even better? Lightning bolt sound effects, screaming, and DragonForce.
- Kings of Dunkshire and its sequel Vengeful Conflictic. Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe meets Ham and Cheese.
- The Xin Zhao Tutorial.
CholeraNinja: KIAI! KIAI! KIAI!! KIAI!!
- What makes this video funny is his insistence to be in-character and yelling everything Xin Zhao attacks... in all the extreme Large Ham glory
CholeraNinja: OHHHH BE A MAN BE A MAN BE A MAN! BE A MAN! RUN AWAY! BE A MAN! EVERYBODY SAVE ME RIGHT NOW! Oh god help me.... I CAN'T BE A MAN.... But now I can be a man. (... cue ass kicking...) I'm Xin Zhao, and I don't give A FUUUUUUUCCCCKKK!!!As a jungler on the borderline of viability, we're giving X to the Z a bump towards his strengths (sustain and skirmishing) to help him get down to business.
- He also makes running away manly and epic (including the comeback):
He'll still need additional follow-up from his team to not splat immediately afterwards, but at least he'll hit with all the force of a great typhoon before going down.
- And it continues in 5.9:
- Angry Legends, a series of Fan videos by Dante Axe (same guy who made the second 'Rammus Taunts Everyone' video) which is basically League of Legends meets Angry Birds.
Garen: Goddammit, Darius! It's Triple Oink and Double Oink-Oink! Is that so hard!?Darius: Don't teach me how to oink!
- Mundo identifying any poor victims he'll come across with "Birdy!"
- Kayle's muffled protests when she was about to be vaulted, all done with extremely quickened voice recording, making her sound like a chipmunk protesting. All ends with being vaulted while saying "I HATE YOOOUUU...."
- This exchange between Garen and Darius, playing the pigs:
- How to catch Swain for the game: Tryndamere pulls out a cardboard with Garen's hair above and shoulder pads on the side, written "Demacia #1", and then yell "Ooga booga booga!". Swain goes Raven mode and then vaulted.
- "Hey, Jaaarvaaaannnn... I don't hear you oinkiiiiing..."
- Kayle suckering Morgana into 'flying lessons', just so that she gets to be the next person vaulted, and Morgana completely fell for it. Of course, karma bit Kayle back in the ass so she gets to fly again, same way with the 2nd bullet point.
- Quinn trying to evade being vaulted by summoning Valor... but Valor shitted right on her arm in response, and she gets vaulted anyway.
Aatrox: It's my turn now!Zac: Uh, b-but you need to...Aatrox: Shut up, noobz! I don't need anything! Watch and learn... *flies on his own* BOOYAH!
- Followed by Aatrox barging in:
- There's this guy named Crazy Boris who made various animation videos. Well animated... and hilarious.
Pantheon: Oh GOD! Oww!
- Darius High-Fives Teemo Where Teemo did something useful saving Darius and the two has an epic build up to just do a high-five... only to be brought down together with Karthus' ultimate, and Karthus immediately gives his Ben Chang shout out to top it off: "HA! GAYYYYY!"
- Can't Killean The Zilean Epic taunting with Zilean's Chronoshift and catchy dancing (to the point that it gave a Colbert Bump to the song "Oh My Little Baby Boy", the song used to Zilean's dance)... Oh wait, here comes Darius with his Noxian Guillotine!! Zilean is doomed... NOPE, Shen already used Stand United to protect Zilean. Cue Darius' disappointed face and Shen joining Zilean's silly dance. MAP AWARENESS.
- The Rise and Fall of Pantheon Pantheon interrupts Draven trying to kill Ziggs by stating that he will deliver justice to Draven... justice with well mantained six-pack abs and toned biceps. So Pantheon executes the Grand Skyfall, going up to high-five Urf at heavens and about to strike the ground... but he ended up not doing any shockwave at all, and the skyfall only ends up to fracture his bones.
Getting real tired of this eurodance bullshit...
- Braum's Pleasant Bot-Lane Escapade, in which Braum and Lucian started out like gentlemen drinking tea until Braum suggest taking bot-lane turret. What follows is Braum and Lucian, in the tune of an instrumental jazzy version of Crazy In Love, doing a very swag walk in bot lane, with Braum blocking every projectile that comes across (including a thrown Teemo). It ends with them encountering Ezreal, in which Braum defeats him singlehandedly by lifting him on the collar and channeling Angus the Puncher, slapping Ezreal three times across the face, each slap giving him a bigger and bigger mustache!
- Teemo getting thrown becomes Hilarious in Hindsight at Kalista's release and having an ultimate that throws her ally to her opponent. The video was made before Kalista was even in concept phase.
- Corki Uncoptered After Twisted Fate and Viktor disabled Corki's copter... Corki unmounted, revealing himself to be a very tall dude. He proceeds to run and dodge everything the two threw, gets close to Viktor and after displaying some Fascinating Eyebrows, delivers a German Suplex to Viktor, and then drop-kicked the fleeing Twisted Fate to a field full of Teemo's mushrooms. To add insult to the injury, suddenly Maokai's sapling approached the fallen Twisted Fate and exploded right on spot.
- Crazy Boris Production must have loved Zilean very much as after making several videos later, he made another animation: "Bungle in the Jungle" where Zilean trolls both Hecarim and Rammus while wearing very casual clothes with a cap with "Foxy Grandpa" written on it, all to the tune of Masterjam's 'Rhythm's in Your Mind'... by outspeeding them and killing a Dragon in one blow, before speeding off with another silly dance. Hecarim's words sums it up:
- Then someone combined Bungle In The Jungle with Can't Killean The Zilean. Not even Zilean himself can killean himself.
- Ekko and The Zilsta: Chronosquad is what would happen if there was an anime for League, with Ekko and Zilean the main characters, with them fighting Volibear, Jax, and others, all to the tune of "Sentoo". A hilarious moment comes at the point when it shows the rouges gallery, involving Graves with 8 cigarettes in his mouth and Himerdinger with a knife in is mouth.
- The League of Fail video is chock full of these:
Ashe: No, please...! I didn't mean anything wrong—AAH!
- Annie sounding like a grouchy grown man.
- Ashe dwindling into a Cluster F-Bomb-driven spiel on how Alistar died to a tower... only for Blitzcrank to grab dat Ashe and reduces her into a Bald Woman.
Karthus: It'll be a dick move if I'm to pull my ult right now... Real dick move... *PENTAKILL*
- Garen being reduced to speak nothing but "DEMACIA!!"
- Karthus' finishing line as he preps his Requiem:
- And it has a sequel featuring Spirit Guard Udyr, AKA Godyr, channeling Fist of the North Star and overall looking very awesome at first, owning the whole enemy team, then he starts fapping himself, only to stop and hit the enemy Nexus once, winning the game... The Stinger then shows him getting too carried over with his fapping so a respawned Nidalee managed to toss her javelin right onto his crotch.
- Additionally, Alistar keeps calling him 'bitch-ass nigga'
- As already established, Adam Harrington isn't above getting in on the jokes himself, and this time, he's brought Erik Braa, Melissa Hutchinson, Danielle McRae and Brian Sommer along. All together now, "Fuck off, clown!" Poor Shaco...
- Every Single League of Legends Champion in a Nutshell. It takes (almost) every champion and gives a funny line for them.
- Someone has performed a dramatic reading of a 700 ELO game. If you fancy ruining your liver in six minutes, take a shot every time they demand someone be reported.
- Lucian has an official translated name for the Chinese client. The Chinese Lo L community, including the casters, prefer to call him by the name of a certain American president instead. Even in professional Lo L matches, Lucian will most often be referred to as Obama.
- No-one can say the Riot staff don't know how to have a good laugh. Even if it is by taking the piss out of both the whinier segments of the community and themselves.
- When the Howling Abyss was released, it was possible to Kill Poros by chasing them into the spawn turret. However, this changed in patch 3.8. To quote the patch notes:
"Poros have gone through an 80s action movie training montage and now have some resistance to lasers."
- A moment equal parts somewhat sad and utterly hilarious, in this old Q&A, lead designer FeralPony mentions that when he was new to Riot, he announced nerfs to Vladimir for the next patch. He made a mistake, however, and forgot to add the files to the next patch that would nerf Vladimir... but his win-rate plummeted regardless.
- When the Deadeye teasers were popping up, Gypsylord commented on each affected Champions Reddit thread with an increasing number of exclamation points note . Once Vis teaser came up, he teased on her reddit thread:
Gypsylord : "Whelp, secret is out. Vi confirmed to have hands. What a buildup!!!1"
- This channel is a rich source of almost every hilarious moment ever in professional Lo L.
- During the ban/pick phase of a season 3 TSM vs. GGU, Phreak has Kobe speculate on who GGU's first ban will be, which he does, but then immediately stops himself upon realizing their timer had run out without banning anybody. It turns out GGU received a penalty from their last game and lost a ban, now having to wait for the timer to run out, which Kobe must've forgotten about. Phreak's reaction is absolutely priceless.
- Even professional teams can have a good sense of humor. Case in point: Season 3 World Championships, Group B, Fnatic vs. Mineski. For the record, Team Mineski had lost every match during the group stage up to this point, while Team Fnatic had a score of 6-1. Team Mineski knew that they couldn't enter the quarterfinals while Fnatic were almost guaranteed to get there. So what does Team Mineski do? Create a four man support + 1 ADC team, where each lane plays a support. note While Mineski pushed the towers early, they lacked any form of damage, and eventually Fnatic won the match. However, the crowd cheered for Mineski and a fan following was created because despite losing, Mineski at least has some fun and had good team spirit while showing great sportsmanship playing in the world championship, a rare accomplishment from a Southeast Asian team (since most teams rarely manage to enter the world championship).
- This actually led to an ironic nickname and small meme from the announcers, the Mineski Pain Train.
- The Korean text for 'Annie' also is the same text that begins 'Anivia' - as such, in the Korean tournament OGN Champions Winter 2013-2014, Anivia has been repeatedly banned instead of Annie, much to the chagrin of the teams that do it.
- The Road to the Cup video trailer is trying so hard to be awesome that it's hilarious. Watching animated renditions of fairly normal-looking pro-gamers in T-shirts and pants leaping around doing martial arts kata and unleashing flashy special moves of their most-played characters is cool, but endearingly ridiculous.
- Casters vs. Doom Bots of Doom. 38 minutes of unbridled hilarity, including casters taking the piss out of a few of the pro teams in the scene and having Poro plushies stand in as live audience (and doom Bot players, complete with audience cheering!) in the studio.
- URF Mode, an April Fools' Joke, turned into one of the most popular game modes implemented. However, the Team Solomid vs. Cloud 9 Gaming exhibition was completely chaotic, awesome, and hilarious all at the same time.
- URF was funny. The 2015 URFitational Grand Finals was the single most side-splittingly hilarious thing Riot has EVER done. The entire thing was one big case of the company trolling the playerbase, teasing them with the supposed upcoming "NURF" mode where every single aspect of the champions is gutted to the point that they can barely move, let alone fight, claiming this would make the game more "thoughtful" and "dignified" and they played this up to the nines in the URFitational event, arranging duels between two "old, esteemed gaming clubs", the Ye Olde League Organisation and the Society of Worth Assessing Gentlemen, with everyone dressing up like classy ladies and gentlemennote and putting on shamefully fake posh English accents. Only to reveal that the event had been "sabotaged" by unknown parties (actually pro player Froggen and former pro player and current shoutcaster Krepo) who snuck into Riot HQ the night before the match and inserted slices of ham into the NURF serversnote , forcing them to instead fall back on the old URF mode that everyone had been begging Riot for the return of for the last year. The entire thing was so utterly, poker-facedly deadpan that it's incredible that the Riot staff were able to get through it without Corpsing.
- At the end of the EU 2015 Spring Challenger Series, bottom-ranked team Mousesports take on the 2nd place team Gamers 2 and, knowing they have nothing to lose, bring out the most absurd compositions ever seen in professional LoL, including a Teemo mid in BOTH games. That would be hilarious enough- except they WIN. At the end of the 2nd game, where Mousesports turn a really bad situation into a total wipeout thanks to the use of Teemo's Ambush passive, the commentators are just lost for words.
"That! Is! Ace! Five! And! Zero! Gamers 2 in a 50-minute slugfest, in a composition that should be coming away with the win at this point of the game, get beaten by a Teemo."
*Cut back to the studio where the commentators just stare silently at each other, then turn and stare at the camera.*
- During Worlds 2015's quarterfinals, the shoutcasters start wondering why the dragons keep coming to the rift just to die repeatedly? The answer they came up with? Dragon Fun Land.
- During the 2014 NA LCS Summer Split, week 8 day 1, the match between compLexity vs. Curse is remembered for two reasons: the first being the fact it's the absolute longest LCS game at 80:35 minutes, with COL winning the game by just a hair's length. The second reason is caster Rivington The 3rd's absolutely epic Precision F-Strike of "Holy shit, they win the game!" upon seeing the nexus fall.
- During the Season 4 World Championship, Samsung White's Imp was interviewed, and when asked about his excitement of the giant stadium they're playing in, he gave this memetically hilarious response.
Imp: *looks out at the stadium* In all honesty, I just want to roll around in all that grass.*cut to footage of him doing so with the happiest smile on his face*
- This little compilation of the most amusing plays of competitive LoL in 2015. It's the little emoticons and speech bubbles that Riot added that make it.
Nami: <after almost her entire team gets wiped out in an ambush attempt that backfires horribly> Stand in the bush they said... It will be fun they said...
- During the 2015 All-Stars event, players from various regions got to play a lot of fun modes, like full assassin/marksman comps, One-For-All and Snowdown Showdown AKA the 1 vs 1 Howling Abyss mode. In one of the Snowdown semifinals, Froggen is playing Olaf and Doublelift is playing Twitch, when Doublelift tries to recall and Froggen hits him with the Mark/Dash summoner spell at the last moments of the recall. However, it turns out that the channel was NOT cancelled, and Froggen reactivates the spell to dash to Doublelift, the latter succesfully recalling to his fountain and bringing the Olaf with him, insta-killing Froggen in the process. Even Doublelift cannot help but burst in laughs.
- After that happened, both players agreed on a remake... and Froggen does EXACTLY THE SAME THING AGAIN.