We all know that Key of Awesome
is epically hilarious, but here's some scenes that really stand out.
- From "Heavy Metal LOLCats": "I can has cheezburger, I can has your soul!"
- Then the ending has a cat playing a keyboard, when suddenly Mark appears and starts playing electric guitar. It was more random, but...
- "Moves Like Jagger" Parody, in the part where Todd says "I just ***ed my back up" and he holds the curse for a whole seven notes.
- Justin Bieber "Mistletoe" parody: "I get more ass than a toilet seat/Cops let me sing in the ***ing street".
- And at the end, the paternity suit.
- "Glitter Puke:" Kesha getting her parents to stop nagging her about her boorish behavior by showing them her contract, which reads, "Ke$ha must act like a drunken whore at all times!!!!"
- "No One Likes You:" "Even the queen once said, 'f*ck you Adele's boyfriend!'"
- The "Love the Way You Lie" parody, being both cute and funny at the same time.
I can't tell her that I like her, I can only shoot her with this spitball...
- The "Grenade" parody, from beginning to end.
- Especially in making fun of the music video by having the singer pull a keyboard by a rope.
- "Game of Thrones", chronicling Adam Levine's obsession with the show.
I'm not playing music anymore.
From now on you can just be Maroon 4
Next time they do The Voice
I won't be there.
Tell Cee Lo
that his cat can have my chair.
- "Call Me Maybe" Parody: Carly Rae Jepsen's boy-toy comments that her band doesn't do a convincing job playing their instruments. Cut to the guitarist tapping his guitar's neck without strumming the strings, the keyboardist playing random keys, and the drummer pushing a button on a Rock Band peripheral.
- Parodying a "Somebody That I Used To Know" cover with a struggling band let down by The Friend Nobody Likes: Funny. Parodying their own parody with puppets: Very funny. (Skip to about 2:15 here.)
- Their "Give Me Everything" parody, in which Ne-Yo and his date get stuck in an elevator. Once Pitbull and Lassie come to rescue them...
- "I am whispering, because I can't sing..."
- The entirety of the "Telephone" parody.