- Trent fighting off the two orderlies, kicking one in the balls. It helps that this becomes a Running Gag for the next few minutes.
Trent: Look, I'm sorry about the balls, it was a lucky shot, that's all!
Dr. Wren: There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.
- And later:
- Trent declaring that he's not insane, and the inmates (one of them played by John Carpenter) doing likewise.
Inmate #1: I'm not if he's not!
Inmate #2: Me neither!
- While trying to escape from Hobbs End, an ax-wielding mutant runs up to Trent, stops for a second, and shouts, "Fuck you!"
- Mutant!Styles punching Trent in the face, and Trent punching back.
- Anything but That! — The Carpenters.
Funny / In the Mouth of Madness
For its incredibly bleak premise, In the Mouth of Madness has quite a few humorous moments.