- "I Can Hear the Bells."
- The part where Tracy pins a random guy to a locker and continues singing as Penny visibly struggles to get her to release him in the background.
- Also when she puts Penny's hand on her chest; prompting stares from others around and an awkward look from Penny.
- Plus, when Tracy gets hit by a dodge ball while singing the song. Made especially funny since Amber did this in the Broadway show and Tracy is in the midst of the line "Amber, much to your surprise" when the ball hits her, implying she was singing directly to Amber who threw the ball at her to shut her up.
- When Tracy says on live TV in The Sixties that if she were president, "I'd make every day Negro Day!"
- Alot of the stuff Tracy says and does is hilarious, really.
- Link finally growing a spine and telling his history teacher to "kiss my ass" in the film version.
- What makes the line even funnier is that it's said, dead serious, as an answer to the question "What were the immortal words of Patrick Henry?"
- Link's utterly sincere line when he shows up at the Turnblad residence.
Link: I can't believe Tracy savagely bludgeoned an Eagle Scout! That's just not like her.
- Penny's mom tying her up with a jump rope and throwing holy water on her.
Penny's Mom: Devil child! Devil child!
- When Penny is on TV and while she kisses Seaweed, her mother is watching and screams "Penny!!" and trips over a table.
Penny: I am now a checkerboard chick! (kisses Seaweed passionately)
Prudy: (watching on TV) Penny! (tumbles over the coffee table)
- The next scene of Prudy desperately attempting to scrub Seaweed out of the picture.
- When Link catches Tracy dancing with Seaweed in the detention room, when she spanks her butt.
Tracy: I'm a bad bad girl who needs to be punished!
- Link seeking solace at the Turnblad residence.
Link: I'm so worried! I can't sleep, I can't eat -
Edna: You can't eat? Come on in, I'll make you some pork.
- This exchange, while Penny and Seaweed are having a romantic moment as he tries to untie her from her mother's jump rope:
Penny: Oh, Seaweed! I knew the color of our skin wouldn't get between our love!
Seaweed: Yeah, but these knots might. Was your mom ever in the Navy?
- "If we get any more white people in here, it's gonna be a suburb."
- Amber's phone call to Edna, with her doing a poor job to sound like a man named "Mike".
Amber: Right now, as we speak, your daughter has entered a hotbed of moral.... turpentine.
- This Rhetorical Question Blunder:
Maybelle: You been sleeping through history class, girl?
Tracy: Yes. Always.