- In the second episode, chain of custody rules over a case of attempted rape which was foiled by the victim biting her attacker's penis off leads to the immortal line:
Meredith What am I supposed to do with a penis?
- In episode 9 of the first season, George contracts Syphilis and undergoes a Humiliation Conga resulting in Meredith giving him a Penicillin injection in his butt with Cristina and Izzy watching to their very great amusement. The best part was when the infection was traced, resulting in George attacking Alex screaming:
George: You gave me syphilis!
- In season 3 episode 2, Christina meets Burke's parents while she's straddling him in her underwear.
- In the season 7 episode "That's Me Trying", Owen puts the residents through a trauma certification drill, instructing them that they have to keep as many of their dummy patients "alive" as possible and that a "rescue helicopter" will be along in nine minutes. As hours go by with no imaginary helicopter, it becomes clear that this was an Unwinnable Training Simulation. But when April and her group are down to their last two dummies, she flips out and refuses to give up, first claiming that she can hear the helicopter, then stealing a nearby ambulance (which was supposedly "wrecked" due to being part of the accident) and driving them round to the front of the hospital. Owen has to tell her they won to snap her out of it.
- Anyone want to argue with my extra special vagina vote?
- In season 7, during Cristina's BSOD arc, she temporarily begins working as a bartender, to hilarious results. Seriously, one of the FUNNIEST episodes this troper has ever seen.
- Derek being in the elevator with Meredith, Addison and Rose, and Mark's subsequent reaction.
- Everyone thinking that the Middle Eastern patient is Bono because he has guards. From the same episode, Lexie shooting ping-pong balls at everyone, including one of said guards.
- What was particularly funny about it is that about five seconds earlier, Lexie had confiscated the ping-pong ball gun away from Alex for doing the exact same thing.
- Mark's penile fracture.
- Alex meets a bear.
- Callie denying that she and Erica are a couple. Then declaring she's a huge fan of penis.
- Meredith on morphine.
- Bailey's reaction to seeing panties on the bulletin board under "Lost and Found".
- The Dirty Mistresses Club.
- When the gang become residents, they start going through files on the interns, trying to figure which ones to pick. Finding them, Bailey openly laughs "you think I actually chose any of you people?" As several of the gang have honest "you didn't?" expressions, Bailey points out their various flaws when they started and then just hands them interns at random, clearly hoping they get some of the same pain they gave her.
- In the Backdoor Pilot for Private Practice, Addison's lampshading of the status of elevators in Grey's Anatomy— first the long monologue about how nice it is to be somewhere where the elevators aren't aphrodisiacs (to a man she's never met), followed by her conversations with the "Elevator Gods". It's made much more hilarious because it is such a lampshade.
- Catherine's mariage proposal to Weber. She lampshades how what she is doing is going against everything she believes, but she is willing to do it anyway, because she loves him, and because this kind of romantic gestures are a part of what he is, and by doing so she tells him that she accepts him and that she is willing to take the leap. Her gesture is so over the top and unexpected (she makes her declaration in the middle of the hospital, with roses and candles everywhere) that it is already quite funny in itself. But what tops it is Richard's answer:
- Richard: (deadpan) About damn time!
- In Season 5, Episode 4, Cristina going to Dermatology and being left speechless by how happy everyone is. And then Meredith and Izzie show up, stare, and talk about how much they wish they could be dermatologists.
- Attracted to a female firefighter patient, Arizona asks Richard for advice on how to find out if she's interested.
Richard: Well, I guess you could write a note on corners and I can try to pass it to her.Richard: Of course, it is!