, despite being a relatively-dark and grim universe, does not scrimp on the snark-induced giggles.
open/close all folders
From GARO (2005)
From GARO: Makai Senki (2011)
From GARO: Makai no Hana (2014)
- CROW's first meeting with Raiga and Mayuri, being a cold standoffish type... and then freaking out when he realises he was mouthing off to the Golden Knight, GARO.
- Episode 4 of Makai no Hana, being pretty much a love-letter to Horror Films, is replete with reference to existing Horror Tropes and moments that are pretty much Leaning on the Fourth Wall. The MO of the Horror, having possessed a desperate horror film aficionado, allows him to create universe where he can kill his victims inside the movies he makes. Which leads to this gem:
Raiga: I've had enough of your pointless quizzes.
: I see... This film has great actors... (imitates Hannibal Lecter's mannerisms)
Horror Ilgishin: Everyone's too focused on digital films lately. Explanation
- The cake, however, goes to the final dialogue of the episode:
Mayuri: (after seeing Raiga get out of the Horror Ilgishin's movie universe) Your movie was an amusing one.
Raiga: I'm not a character in his movie.
(Raiga eventually looks into the camera with a knowing smile.) Explanation
- Like in Makai Senki, the end credits usually feature snippets in the life of the Saejima household. Ep. 9's, however, should be given special note in that Mayuri, after taking a gulp of hard liquor (and being visibly disgusted by it), passes out in a few seconds.
- #11 has Gonza trying to teach Mayuri to cook. She gets fed up with not being able to whip the egg whites to Gonza´s liking and gives up early.