- Sorta Cinderella. Just... Sorta Cinderella! Not only was it hilariously miscast (Hanajima as Cinderella, Kyo as Prince Charming, and Tohru as the evil stepsister!), much of the play was ad-libbed, leading to a parody-like play with an even stranger ending - Cinderella has the Prince marry her stepsister! But, when that fails, Cinderella and her older sister open a yakiniku shop... Hiro sums it up best:
Hiro: ... Crud. What was that supposed to be?
- The rehearsals are funny as hell too, especially Tohru's Epic Fail at acting like a bully.
- This troper could not stop laughing at how, during the actual performance, nearly the entire cast had to twist Kyo's arm to get him to perform his part. Even then, he continues to snap at everyone, and goes into a funk when the narrator insists that there's no way his character would agree to dance with the stepsister (Tohru). Then, there's his complete lack of chemistry with Hanajima.
Hanajima: Your aura tonight is so pleasant, it's making my brain throb.
Kyo: Please choose an easier topic, I beg of you.
- Yuki as the fairy godmother, proving that the universe is determined to force the poor guy into women's clothing as often as possible. He's one of the few cast members trying to act as seriously as possible, and eventually is forced to abandon that tactic when Cinderella is more determined to wish for meat. "YOU WILL GO TO THE BALL IN A PUMPKIN CARRIAGE! I'll just arrange for that!"
- One of the best is when Yuki tears his shirt, and Ayame sews it for him while being very serious and brotherly. Then he holds up the shirt to show Yuki it's finished. Now, sewn on the back are the words "I live for my older brother!!"
Ayame: Put it on forthwith!
Yuki: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
- When the Prince Yuki fan club infiltrate Hana's house and meet Megumi.
Motoko: So-so do y-you have electric wave powers too?
Megumi: No...(sighs of relief) I have something better. I can curse people.
- The exchange between Kyo and Kagura when she tries to express her love by washing his shirt. She ends up ruining it, but she seems to think it was the thought that counts. It's their polar opposite, over-the-top reactions that are the best.
Kagura: MY LOVE!
Kyo: MY SHIRT!
- This moment from the anime.
- Kagura showing up to beat the crap out of Kyo.
- Also, "I don't understand why everyone likes to destroy people's houses."
- The English version makes it funnier: "Sometimes, I think the whole world is conspiring to destroy my house."
- Yuki and Tohru's reactions to Ayame slithering out of Tohru's shirt. And when Yuki says the following to Shigure: "Peel his skin off and burn him until he dies right now."
- The following from this clip.
Tohru: "It's so nice of him to do this. Shigure can be so selfless sometimes. He's always thinking about others."
Shigure: (singing) "High School girls. High School girls. All for me... High School girls!" *giggles*
- And, then there's the second part of the song!
Shigure: (singing) "High school girls, high school girls. One, two, three, high school girls."
- At one point Tohru finds a sulking Kyo with a cat snuggling with him. Once Tohru starts talking with him, the cat punches Kyo and storms off. It needs to be seen.
- Yuki's reaction to Ayame in a dress.
- Ayame in a dress, period!
- Also, when Tohru and Yuki visit Ayame's shop, Tohru gets dolled up in a Pimped-Out Dress by Mine, causing Yuki to have a "Romantic BSOD". In the anime, the camera keeps panning across her while tinkly music repeats until the show's onigiri mascot comes on camera and snaps "Get on with it already!"
- Ayame's plan to help with student lust in his senior year of high school.
- Earlier in the story, when Ayame explains the problem was a group of students heading into the Red Light District.
Ayame: Of course, we weren't with them.
Shigure: Oh, no, we'd long grown tired of that sort of thing.
Kyo & Yuki: [Thinking] Did he just say what I thought he said?
- This Troper believes that Kakeru is a walking CMOF. Him being on the page is an almost guarantee that you're going to laugh. I mean, he tries to cheer Yuki up by hitting him in the face with a soccer ball. And he thinks that the Student Council is a school defense force.
- Doubly funny when Kakeru and his girlfriend go into their "dumb couple" routine, usually when she finds out that he's been telling Blatant Lies to her or calling her "Meat Angel".
- When Yuki finds him napping in a closet when he's supposed to be at a meeting, his only response is a sleepy, "Mmmhmm, wake me up if the aliens invade..."
- When he decided to spontaneously visit Machi and bring Yuki along... and then he gives Yuki one of Machi's bras.
- During a rather serious fight, Yuki tells Kakeru that he'll never talk to him again (or is it play? It is in the German version.) He blushes profusely, scared that Kakeru will laugh his ass off... only for him to cry and be actually hurt by Yuki's words, lamenting that they haven't even talked about porn yet!
- Made even better when Kimi jumps into the conversation.
- When Yuki tells him about some "painful memories", and he imitates Kimi: "Is it something dirty?"
- Near the end of the manga, Kakeru makes a comment in regards to Yuki and Machi's relationship, saying that she has "climbed the stairs to adulthood". Yuki deadpans that she'd punch him if she heard that. Later, he says the same comment while she's around. She does, indeed, punch him.
- Okay how isn't Yuki's moment of cross-dressing during the onigiri incident not noted? Not that Yuki in a dress is funny (though it is), it's how he tried to distract everyone after Momiji turns into his rabbit form. Just the way he did it, it was priceless.
- Shigure sniffing the strawberry towel and getting beat up by Yuki and Kyo.
- Also, any time Ayame and Shigure are together. And the bulk of Shigure and Ayame by themselves, for that matter.
- In particular this Shigure quote.
- Honestly, Ayame's complete devotion to doing everything Hatori says and answering all of his questions without thinking twice is just hilarious.
- Kakeru calling Yuki, who gets told he looks like a girl rather often, 'ranger pink'. He's androgynous enough that Kakeru tricked his girlfriend into believing he really was a girl who was crossdressing as a boy in a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Here's a few moments from the anime.
- I find it hilarious how Yuki always calls Kyo "Baka neko".
- Tohru's reaction to Hatsuharu telling her that Yuki is his first love.
- Student #1: (about Tohru) She's cute, but why is she staring into space?
- Student #2: That is what you call a dumb beauty.
- Akito's reaction to Hanajima calling her A-chan in front of Kyo. Especially since this is the first time we've seen her comically flustered rather than legitimately angered.
- Some moments where Tohru's sympathy towards Kyo is mildly out of place, such as that time she offers him her umbrella because she thinks his is too heavy, or when she points out a stain in the kitchen that looks like a spooky face and tells him that she's spooked by it too.
- When Hatori turns in front of Tohru for the first time.
Hatori: Did you see it?
Hatori: My zodiac...
- Even funnier is Hatori is more embarrassed Tohru saw his zodiac form than the possibility that she saw him naked.
- Before the school race in Episode 10, Hanajima talks about how she'll do her best, even though she's not the best runner. The race starts... and she barely moves a step forward and collapses.
- Haru giving Kyo the middle finger in Episode 10 and telling him to "go to hell!"
- In Episode 1 Tohru comes out of the tent she's living in to wash up and Shigure and Yuki stare at her. Shigure then points at her and laughs his head off. Moments later back at the house he's still struggling not to laugh and fails.
- Anytime Hana threatens to shock someone.
- Any time Ritsu apologizes (except that one time when it was a Tear Jerker). In particular:
- Ritsu is a walking CMOF. It's the fact he's an Extreme Doormat AND a Large Ham at the same time, like when he is frantically apologizing to a stray cat when it's trying to steal milk from him. Or when he flails around Shigure's kitchen in despair after drinking the last of the milk.
- There's his overreacting to coming to visit the house unexpectedly, which leads to him deciding to commit suicide via jumping off the roof. Tohru freaks out, while Kyo, Yuki, and Shigure watch with indifference.
- Even better, their indifferent reactions imply that Ritsu does this a lot.
- In Episode 16, this dialogue in the English dub from Yuki and Kyo when Shigure decides to call Ayame.
(cut to Yuki and Kyo standing behind Shigure giving him a Death Glare, as Shigure trembles in fear.)
- Shigure making a perverted comment while talking to Kagura. He then proceeds to tell her that she's supposed to hit him for saying that and she does just that. In a pretty over-the-top manner.
- Shigure has a great quote in the English Dub of the anime: "We have just witnessed what I like to call misdirected rage. I believe the technical term is "being an asshole"..."
- The student council president challenges Hatsuharu to prove that his hair really is naturally white. Unfortunately for the prez, he's talking to Black Haru, who drags the guy into the nearest men's room and presumably (not stated, but implied so heavily it might as well have been) shows him that the carpet matches the drapes.
- Tohru then innocently asks what kind of proof Haru had presented. Black Haru, smirking, gets right up close and asks her if she wants to see the proof too. Cue Kyou and Yuki stomping him into the floor.
- To make this equal parts hilarious and absolutely disgusting: when Haru touches Tohru's face, there's something written on his hand that basically translates to "Do you think I've washed my hands today?"
- Towards the end of the series, Kyo is visibly disturbed by Kazuma and Hanajima's building relationship. After seeing them, he keeps thinking to himself, "If it makes Sisshou happy, then it's fine."