Funny: Front Mission
- Front Mission 5 had some gems in its intermission dialogues. One of them has a scientist you can recruit explaining nuclear energy and its applications to an elite pilot, who simply did not get what he's going on about until we get this: "Umm...magic beams?"
- Edward, being a clownish, Black Best Friend type, is the source of a few of these in 5:
Walter: Flat "What.".Lily: "Damn that Edward! I knew he was setting me up! He's ''dead!"
- When Walter is released from the hospital after nearly dying from wounds suffered while Taking the Bullet for Lynn, Ed has Lily Pho, one of the newer Strike Wyverns, attempt to cheer him up with Moe and Not Blood Related innuendo, then ask if you liked it. The responses are quite amusing:
- Walter: "That made me very happy. Could you do it again?"Lily: "...ew, so pervy."
"Heh, this'll be a piece of cake!"
- Another instance is the start of the Cambodian base defense mission, where a high wall and long ramp provide the only access into the base... or so Edward thinks:
- "HEY! NO FAIR! THAT'S CHEATING!"
- The cutscenes before Mission 11 of 5, in which Hector is a dirty old man, and keeps acting like he and Lynn used to be in a relationship, interposed with dispensing sage advice to Walter.
- And then the cutscene after Mission 11, where Hector reveals some very embarrassing information about Lynn (her room was full of pictures of Walter), causing her to flip out from embarrassment and try to kill him. Hector makes his escape by casually walking off the oil rig... and landing inside a passing USN helo. Bonus points for nonchalantly ignoring Lynn's earnest attempts to kill him.
- During the Barghest arc of 5, every time Non Player Characters patronize Walter... only to shit themselves when they realise the guy they've been dismissing is a war hero.
- A standout case is when Walter is visiting Fort Monus, and exchanges greetings with his old CO, who's being transferred. The arrogant replacement begins talking smack about how Walter's some lowly hick who doesn't know anything and he'll be put in his place... and then his old CO smiles and tells the replacement that he's talking to a highly decorated combat veteran, former commander of the Marines' premier assault unit, and a Barghest operator, who can kick his ass in or outside a wanzer.
- Front Mission 4: After forcing the Zaftrans to leave Venezuela and making governor Bruno Diaz abdicate his position to the Venezuelan Freedom Alliance, Darril and his friends, Renges and Chaeffer, decide to go back to Cumana to reach the transport plane that Elsa arranged for them. Unfortunately, they have less than an hour before the transport arrives and the time it takes to travel between Cumana and Caracas is two hours. Darril comes up with the idea to do what the Zaftrans had done earlier: Use the Cargorail. Guess how that turned out?
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.