Funny: Fool Moon
- "I could taste the blood in my mouth, from where I had bitten into my tongue, and I either had to spit or swallow. I swallowed. No comments, please."
- Harry's phone conversation with Marcone. Marcone has been addressing Harry as 'Mr. Dresden' for the past two books, while Harry, knowing it would annoy him, has been calling Marcone simply 'John'. After Harry sees through Marcone's attempt to persuade him that he owes him his life, the following occurs:
"Of course," Marcone said, with a note of disappointment in his voice. "I'd just hoped you hadn't realized it. Nonetheless, Harry—"
"Don't call me Harry," I said, and hung up on him.
- Harry's Klatchian Coffee potion takes him from beat up and worn out to whistling Carmen and composing a poem about autumn.
- During a stop for fast food, Harry puts a paper crown on his head and solemnly declares, "I am the burger king."
- Which could well make his subsequent elevation to Pizza Lord a bit of a Brick Joke.
- Although it quickly becomes terrifying, Murphy arresting Harry while fending off MacFinn is darkly humorous.
- Harry's conversation with his subconscious has some really funny moments as well as the fact Harry's subconscious is basically his Sassy Gay Friend without the camp.
- Harry casting a spell to restrain the loup-garou from harming anyone as it flees the scene of one of the most brutal rampages in the series ... and uses a stuffed Snoopy toy as his voodoo doll to do it. The Mood Dissonance alone is worth a chuckle.
- Harry's Techbane ways still going strong, even in the middle of the aforementioned rampage:
(Harry collects his confiscated magical foci from Murphy's office, shorting out the computer when going too close)
Harry: You didn't see that, Rudy. Okay?
Rudolph: What did you do?
Harry: Nothing, never came close, didn't do anything, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.