- After meeting Yuna, Tidus' voiceover notes his immediate surprise as he thought summoners were all old geezers.
- After beating Bonus Boss Dark Ifrit in the PAL version, you're treated to a cutscene in which the SOB who summoned it is eaten by a fiend. Although the Dark Valefor one is pretty funny too (Evil Bald Summoner Guy gets pwned by a little girl, and runs away from the angry villagers).
- The party meets Dona. She tosses off insults at Yuna and Yuna's many guardians, referring to them as "riff-raff" while her massive guardian stands behind her. And then...he speaks. "You're Auron, aren't you? May I shake your hand?" Dona is left completely wrong-footed. Auron is a legendary guardian. Wakka and Lulu then mock her for inadvertently insulting such a famous figure.
- "Touch me with that hand and I'll remove it!"
- All these exchanges in battles:
Tidus: (to Auron) "Don't break any bones, old man!"
Wakka: (facing a Behemoth) "How many steaks you think we can get outta this?"
Rikku: (facing a Dark Flan) "Wow! Say, is that edible?"
Lulu: (using Bio for the first time) "This might help your complexion."
Wakka: (facing a Giant Worm) "Where's de early bird when you need 'im?"
- (When Yuna, Lulu, and Wakka are all out at once...)
Yuna: "A lotta fiends here, ya?"
Don't talk like that.
- If you let Yuna use her physical attack...
Lulu: "Why don't you leave the physical fighting to us?"
- (When Yuna, Tidus, and Lulu are all out at once)
Tidus: "Yuna! Aeon!"
Lulu: "Just who do you think you are?!"
- (After Tidus is made a guardian)
Tidus: "I'm a guardian now, so watch out!"
- (After Wakka calls Tidus a newbie)
Tidus: "Newbie here!"
- (Tidus sees a Tonberry for the first time)
- (Wakka sees Tidus get killed and revived)
Wakka: "This is new for you, ya?"
Tidus: "What do you think?"
- (If Tidus doesn't rent a Chocobo on the Mi'hen Highroad)
- (Tidus uses Flee)
Tidus: "I'll be right back!"
- Even better: If you use Flee, the team will dart off in random directions.
- (Tidus uses Slice and Dice)
"Eeny, meeny, miny, mo!"
- (Wakka and Lulu are in the party)
Wakka: "Lu, I'll show you what I can do!"
- (Tidus and Wakka try to out-jock each other)
Wakka: "My fastball done broke da mouth!"
Tidus: "I can top that."
- (Lulu casts Blizzara)
- (Facing down some gigantic fiend)
"I foresee no difficulty."
- (Rikku on the Thunder Plains)
Rikku: "Please don't make it rumble..."
- (Rikku sees a Demonolith)
- (Rikku meets Neslug)
Rikku: "Let's go, escargot!"
- (After meeting up with Auron in Via Infinito)
- This gets a great Call Back from Paine in the sequel whenever you dress her up as a Songstress: "I hate this dressphere."
- (Fighting a Cactuar)
Tidus: "Don't you run, Needles!"
- (When Lulu and Wakka are both on the field, during the Mi'ihen Highroad, if you are choosing to walk instead of ride the chocobo)
Wakka: "Sure wish we had a chocobo..."
Lulu: "Walk, or I'll feed you to one."
- (After Lulu uses her attack for the first time)
Lulu: Just thought I'd give it a try.
- The Cactuars sidequest.
- The scene in Guadosalam when Tidus tries to smell Auron after Seymour says that Auron has the scent of the Farplane around him.
- Where derp meets Shout-Out:
Tidus: "They say Seymour went to Macarena Temple."
Wakka: "Macalania Temple."
- Doubly funny when you live in Sevilla, Spain, where the Macarena Temple is a place that really exists (the Holy Basilica of Our Lady Of Hope Macarena, to be precise).
- After the party is informed about the Chocobo Eater on the Mi'ihen Highroad:
Tidus: "A large fiend... Let's get 'im!"
Tidus: "It's the right thing to do!"
Auron: "It's the right thing to do?" (chuckles)
Tidus: "What'd I say now?"
Auron: "Jecht said that a lot too. And every time he said it, it meant trouble for Braska and me."
- Before fighting Evrae on top of Cid's airship, you can shop for weapons from Rin. After you've bought everything you need, this exchange happens:
- The infamous laughing scene is this in a So Bad, It's Good kind of way.
- Tidus clowning around on the S.S. Liki with the binoculars always makes this troper start giggling. Specifically when Tidus first grabs them and all the player sees are the belts on Lulu's skirt. Pan upwards to her chest and Lulu scowls. A moment that's both funny and absolutely adorable is Yuna running to make sure she's still being seen in the binoculars.
- Try talking to the binoculars guy after that. He runs from Tidus in fear!
- And it's pronounced the "S.S. Leaky."
- When the party is reuniting in the Bikanel desert:
Rikku: "Umm... There's something I wanna tell you guys, but promise not to say anything!"
Wakka: (camera zooms in on his face) "HM?!" (glares)
Rikku: "No glaring, either!"
- Another part that happens in the desert is when the player finds Kimahri, who keeps trying to walk up a steep sand dune despite falling back down it repeatedly.
- Auron's story about Jecht meeting his first shoopuf. He was drunk and thought it was a fiend, so he attacked it. Braska and Auron had to offer all the money they had as an apology, and Jecht never drank again.
- Kimahri also has a shoopuf story - when Yuna was little she fell in the water near one, and it scooped her up with its nose. She liked it so much she jumped in the water three more times. Kimahri adds 'Kimahri worried'. Turns into a CMOH when he adds he was happy she had fun.
- Also a CMOH for Tidus, who always wished his father would stop drinking.
- After Tidus' commentary at Home about the fate of summoners, we get this sole line from Kimahri: "It's quiet. Kimahri goes now." It comes across as unintentionally hilarious.
- I'm annoying, huh?
- Rikku's freak out in the Thunder Plains, followed by the party coming across an inn and Rikku begging to stay there. The way everyone except Tidus keeps walking away from her as you talk to her is too funny.
- Kimahri telling Tidus in no uncertain terms to hold still until Yuna gets her new aeon at Djose Temple.
Kimahri: "Pick spot. Shut up. Wait."
- "RIDE ZE SHOOPUFF??"
- An unintentional moment is made by an animation error on Seymour during the wedding scene, while Mika is threatening Yuna (at around 4:28).
- The whole cast good-naturedly poking fun at Yuna when she wakes up with bedhead. The entire scene is hilarious, but Auron really takes the cake:
- This line is so good, in fact, that there's a Call Back to it in X-2, as one of the two lines spoken by Auron in Shinra's character database.
- Tidus and Rikku talk on Mt Gagazet about what to do next. Rikku jokingly tells Tidus he sounded like a leader. Tidus replies "Star player of the Zanarkand Abes, didn't you know?" to which Rikku gives a magnificent mock bow.
- Early in the game if you have Tidus and Lulu in the party Tidus will celebrate winning a battle excitedly and Lulu will snark "you're a modest one".
- If you talk to Wakka after seeing the quick bit of Yuna about to marry Seymour.
Wakka: "I'm glad Yuna's okay and all but what's with those fancy clothes."
- Depending on who Tidus' "partner" becomes during the game, there's a scene where Tidus discusses the idea of Yuna getting married with him/her. If it's Lulu then you have the option to say "You're more my type Lulu." Her response?
Lulu: "Hmm, interesting. I suppose I could add you to my list. But you'll have to be patient, little boy."
- After you rescue Yuna from the Al Bhed in Luca, Lulu tells the story of Yuna's parentage, then asks Tidus not to tell Wakka because of his Fantastic Racism. Tidus then realizes they need to let Wakka, still playing a delaying action against the Al Bhed Psyches, know that they've rescued Yuna, but Lulu is a bit slow on the uptake.
Tidus: "Whoa! I've gotta tell Wakka!"
Lulu: "I thought I told you not to tell Wakka!"
Yuna: "The game!"
Lulu: "Oh!" (sends up a magical flare)
- On a related note, when they fight off the Al Bhed machina, Yuna then appears from inside the ship, having apparently rescued herself.
Lulu: "I hope you hurt them."
- One of Auron's Overdrives is him batting an enemy into the sky. While the sheer sight of this is funny on its own, it gets better when you use it on a big enemy, like a Sandworm...
- Early in the game, the player is given a brief tutorial on elemental magic when a Water Flan is encountered. Lulu comes in and while the game requires you to have her use black magic, it doesn't control what type you use. So there's fun to be had with Lulu's "lessons" if you choose anything other than Thunder.
Lulu: (casting Fire or Ice) That was a bad example. This is a water fiend, so it's weak against thunder.
Wakka: Enough with the lessons, Lu. Let's get going, ya?
- After Seymour is killed in Macalania Temple and the party is confronted while leaving
Auron: Run! (the whole party runs, and an animation glitch happens - Auron's shoulder collides with a Guado guard)
Guard: (is unphased by the collision for several seconds before suddenly being slammed to the ground)
- "Stay away from the summoner!" And the old woman even says this no matter how far away you are from Yuna—basically, as long as you try and move in any direction except the one allowed.
- This exchange between Kinoc and Auron:
Kinoc: Really, now, what person would execute a dear friend?
Auron: You would.
- The Zanarkand Dome, where Yunalesca awaits, the Holy of Holies for the Church of Yevon, is the ruins of a blitzball stadium. Also makes Yuna's and Tidus's conversation about the importance of blitzball Fridge Brilliance and Hilarious in Hindsight.
Tidus: Whoa, talk about pressure!
Yuna: Haha, that's right!